South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default SBD Daily Chat: Feb 4

It's Super Bowl weekend, yippee! Thanks for all your love and support ladies!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:02 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, Okie! Are you going to watch the game? It doesn't come on here until midnight and that is WAY past my bedtime so I am just going to check the scores in the morning. We're not huge professional sports fans anyway and they don't show the commercials here, so it's no big loss.

I am feeling all better now! That makes me happy. And we have no after school activities today so it shouldn't be a rushed afternoon. I still need to get the girls off to Kindergarten but then the laundry and Lukas and I will be alone for the rest of the morning.

Have a great day, all!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #3  
Mous

Happiness does not come in the form of a chocolate bar.

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 02-04-2011 at 03:12 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:55 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
No loss this week, and the scale was questionable anyway. I weighed myself twice and my weight stayed the same as last week both times, and then I weighed myself again and I was up 1.2 lbs! Then I weighed myself again and it was back to the same weight as last week. I guess this is a lesson not to get hung up on a pound or two. Anyway, I was pretty much on plan last week so I am not going to stress about it. This week I have two restaurant meals in my future which will mean I will probably veer slightly off point wise but I am going to stick to on plan foods and be strict about the carb portions (for instance, tomorrow night we are having chinese food and I am not going to have more than 1/2 cup brown rice). Tonight I'm going out to an italian place; I'm going to try to bring home half my meat entree (will eat all the veggies) and I will not have any bread or pasta.

Kara- down 7 lbs! Congrats!!

It won't be a really busy weekend. There's a church fair, and we are getting together with friends, but that's about it. Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Mmckellen; 02-04-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:00 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Happy Friday! I'm working tomorrow but I'm still glad it's Friday

No Super Bowl around here. Football is definitely not our thing. My only sports vice is Big East college basketball. Comes of being an SU alum, I can't help myself.

Yet another day that won't be spent the way I planned. I've been asked to go north to do a radio interview this morning. It's so not my favorite thing but everyone seems to think I would be the best choice so off I go. It will be a lot of driving for a small amount of work, but so it goes. Tomorrow I've got a meeting and training on the other side of the state then DW is doing a concert fundraiser in the evening. I suspect that Sunday will be a very lazy day around here.

Hope your Friday passes without a hitch and your weekend is here before you know it!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:26 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Hi Okie and Kara.

Marcie, that's a good quote this morning. I'm still guilty of using chocolate to make myself feel better at times, even after all this time on SBD.

Matilda - my scale was dancing this morning too. It doesn't usually go back and forth so I'm hoping that means tomorrow it will dance down and stay down.

Cyndi, good luck this morning. I'm sure you'll do a great job on the radio - it sounds exciting. Drive carefully!

On Wednesday I spent a long time planning this month's meals on an online menu planner. I was so excited about it, but this morning when I went to check something for my grocery list - my meals are gone! I'm not sure what I did wrong but I'm not very happy right now. There's an option to print your calendar but of course I didn't bother. I guess I'll have to sort that out and redo it over the weekend. I really like having the whole month planned out at once and I'm much more likely to do it and stick with it when it's online and can be checked from work or my touch and edited easily and neatly.

My daughter moved to Houston to "get away from the snow and ice" but guess where it's snowing this morning? She says she's staying inside til it all melts.

Enjoy your Friday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-04-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:38 AM   #7  
Mous

We have more snow on the ground but it isn't as cold. We got the same amount as the other day. Glad I don't have to go anywhere but if you do, you be careful.

Going to make a fish dish for me today.

I made an Italian cream and it was excellent. Could be addictive but using the items that are good for you.

I do eat some fat free things because I like the taste better. You have to read labels a lot anymore.

I watched Dr. Phil and Alex and she is lucky to have him in her corner.

Can't believe that today is Friday already. Where is the time going?

Old 02-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ack! I had a nice chatty post and then I lost it!!!!!! Let me get another cup of coffee and try again.

Heidi, my daughter uses that on-line menu planner and loves it. She was just tellling me about a scallop dish that she made that was so good. I hope it works out for you!

Cyndi, you must be an exceptional employee to be selected for the radio interview! Congratulations! I wish I could pick up the reception here so I could listen in.

to everyone else!

My exciting plans for today are to clean the house, then make a run to Trader Joe's and the bank. I'm planning to make a pot of split pea soup for supper, and if I feel ambitous I may try that recipe for flax foccacia bread to go with it.
We're not big football fans, but Jake will have the game on just so he can discuss it with the guys. It's an ego thing,
Old 02-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Matilda, it sounds like you have a fantastic plan for next week! The reality is that restaurant meals happen for all of us and kudos to you for thinking it through and coming up with solutions that will work for you! Thanks for the note about my ticker. It was hesitant to start moving but once it did it just took off!

Cyndi, good luck on your interview! I wish we were in the local area so I could tune in. I just found out that one of my schoolmates was on The Colbert Report last night (which means it will air here tonight) and I'm excited to see her on TV!

Heidi, what a funny story about your daughter! I hope she stocked her fridge. I don't know how long it takes snow to melt in Houston but I wouldn't want to be making ketchup soup for lack of anything else in the house.

Marcie, who is Alex? I hope your fish dish (hehe I love that that rhymes!) is yummy! We're having pumpkin black bean soup for dinner tonight. Mmmm!

Linda, have you made the flax foccacia bread before? I am curious about that recipe.

Guess this laundry isn't going to fold itself... Oh well. Back to it.

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-04-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Okie! I'm going to watch the puppy bowl on Animal Planet-same time as the Super Bowl and very funny!

For some reason everybody gets up with me these days. I even try sneaking out sometimes.lol Now everyone is sleeping again and I have to get to work. Today at 9 I meet up with Mom to present her with all the records and reports from last year. I haven't finished yet so I need to crack my own whip!

Linda, I'm glad you mentioned split pea soup-I've just figured out dinner for the night.

Matilda, I think planning the exact details of a restaurant visit is so helpful. I definitely don't weigh after Chinese because their combination of salt and whatever knocks the scale up several pounds (at least) and it takes several days to come back down.

Cyndi, happy interviewing!

Marcie, we had rockfish last night. It was excellent!

Kara, I just can't stop thinking about Hawaii. My Sis lives on Kauai and Kirks is on the Big Island. I've spent lots of time on Oahu and am so excited for you!

Heidi, too bad about the meal planner. Are you going to give it another go?

to all of you yet to come! I've got to get to work!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Okie - Sounds like you are a football fan.

Kara - The commercials are my favorite part

Windsong - I haven't watched Phil in ages. Is that the Alex who was pregnant as a teen on his first season?

Matilda - One of my big mindset changes that came only in the past year was that I can never control the scale, only my behaviors. Sounds logical but it took me years to figure that out. So kudos to you for staying on plan.

Cyndi - A radio interview! I'm picturing a big microphone.

Heidi - Bummer. I hate planning meals. Maybe I should try to do it for more than a few days at a time so I could do it less often.

Linda - Guys and sports. Gives them something to talk about, I guess.

Debbie - Puppy bowl? I'm not into the game but will probably watch anyways.

I admit that I am hoping we don't get invited to any Superbowl parties; unlikely this late, I guess. The food is always so tempting. I've done some work already this morning for our family charity. Our big project has been to go to online applications and that is almost up and running. Later today I'll go shopping for a Valentine's package to send to my son in college. And I think I'll try making dal again with Cyndi's recipe. Teen is back to school and had to be there at 6:30 to participate in a spirit week dance. The kids pretty much missed the whole week thanks to the weather.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks, seems like I've got a few minutes this morning to visit. Kids are out, laundry is in, and black beans are in the crock pot. I've been hankering for a black bean soup. Last night I took DS to register for high school next year. It's so hard to believe my little round-headed boy is so grown up. The year after DD2 will go, and my babies will really be all gone. So, as I may have mentioned, I didn't do so well winging it this week. It's been a while since I was strict, and apparently I've lost the skill, so I'm going to do some serious menu planning for next week, right down to the snacks. So, my weekend is cleaning, shopping, cooking, a little work, the usual... My New Year's Resolution was to fit some fun in, as I've become a very dull girl, but so far I'm failing. Life balance is always a big issue for me. Since we missed our Fl trip last month, I really want to plan a weekend away somewhere. I'll look into that this weekend. One month until DH comes home!! That and spring coming hopefully early should get me out of my funk.

Have a safe drive, Cyndi. Will the interview be online perhaps?
cottage, thanks for reminding me that I want to try that bread too. Maybe with my bean soup...
Kara, no super bowl for us either. We get it, we just don't care
Heidi and Matilda, impressive planning skills, girls!
I'd better wrap this up - Good morning Okie, Debbie, Lady Good morning to all who arrive later. So exciting to have our Kiko back!
I've got a meeting that will run right up to 5PM, so you will hear me woo-hooing at 5:01.
Hi Karen!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-04-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

and happy TGIF. I have a very sore back so am about to go back to bed with Aleve and Heating Pad, my two new boyfriends!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!!

Sounds like everyone has lovely Friday's planned!! I am off to work. This has definately been a short work week, thanks to the snow days. Tonight we will drive over to Whole Foods to pick up some groceries. We go every few weeks and make a night of it by eating there. They have some great yummy food.

TGIF!!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Well, my DD's have another snow day, 4 in a row don't know what they are going to do to make up- take away spring break or go more into the summer- DD1 doesn't care they already set up graduation date so they will not change it.

Had a quiet evening at home with the girls and watched a movie. Tonight more of the same. Tomorrow have Awana training in the morning and then planning on trying to do some fun stuff with the girls, DS has to work.

Kiko- Glad to have you back
Kara- Way to go on the 7 lbs
Okie- Enjoy the superbowl, not sure if I will watch or not
Ruth- Hope your back gets to feeling better.
Cyndi- That is great that everyone thinks your the best for the radio interview

to everyone else, have a great day.
Closed Thread