South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/218/160

Height: 5"4'

Unhappy Lost my interest in food

Hello Fellow South Beach followers,

I have successfully completed phase 1, and I am still on it for a few days because I cannot find the time to go grocery shopping for phase 2 food. I am I'm love with the results because my fiance and I have both dropped at least 10 lbs in 2 weeks.

Here is my problem though, I have completely lost my will to eat or enjoy food. I am sick of salad, I hate fish and I really have lost any creativity in the kitchen because I feel so roadblocked.

I have tried to jazz up my salads for when I pack my lunch, or pack different things, but it all just grosses me out. I feel like I am only eating because my body needs to. For example, This morning before work, I got grossed out eating my greek yogurt because I just didnt want to eat it or anything sb friendly.

I have no cravings for crappy food, except pizza because I heard some people talking about the best pizza restaurant in my neighborhood today.

I know this is a personal battle, and my finance must be so sick of me saying "I CANT EAT ANYTHING" because I am sick of saying it. Does anyone have any suggestions to this feeling? Should I go off SB and just be conscious of what I eat, or do a different diet?

-Thanks,
RachelRobot
rachelrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/215/175

Height: 5'7"

You said it! You are Bored. I think that means its time to move onto phase 2 and start adding more variety to your diet. Have you searced the recipes for different ideas? Kalyns kitchen has good recipes too. I found a lot of Phase 1 snacks that I cant wait to try. Im going to try the baked garbanzo beans tonight! Once you are in phase 2 you can get a whole wheat tortilla and make a pizza with turkey pepperoni.
Willow324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Phase 1 is the hardest phase, now you are done so move forward, it'll pass we all feel the same at the end of phase 1 IMO.

What about stir frys? Veggies and cooked meat in a nice spicy sauce? Check labels to make sure the sauce isn't too sugary/carby.

OR jazz something up with a bit of cheese like parmesan on top of tilapia fillets with a side of green beans YUM

Or how about a cauliflower pizza? Hard to make but worth the effort
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

Time to bring some creativity back into it. Check out Kalyn's kitchen- she has recipes that will leave you anything but bored!

Also, I have been in the exact same spot. When I first started back to the beach and sticking with it- I went two days without eating anything more than breakfast and a snack or two because I just didn't want any SB foods and the thought of a lot of them turned my stomach. Really, I think it was just my inner bratty little girl trying to get me to cave in to french fries because it was "the only thing that sounded good". There was a lot of whining. A lot of dramatics. And I got over it. There sre still some days where the bratty voice comes out, but I make something that I know I like (onion cauliflore gratin and bbq chicken seems to do the trick) and move on.

I think the problem for me is that I got so used to food seeming "exciting" and SB felt"boring". Once I got past how I was supposed to feel about certain foods (salads=food torture, Cake=double yay!) and started recognizing how foods made me feel and how they really tasted, I made a lot of progress.
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:12 AM   #5  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

i dont understand how anyone can get bored with phase 1..if your bored..your not trying enough recipes i dont think.. I mean.. so far on phase 1 i have had flaxseed pancakes and flaxseed cocoa cinamon muffins and cauliflour crust pizza and speggetti made out of zucchini...I mean who doesnt like a muffin for breakfast? So.. i guess what im wondering..is how come your living off of yougurt every day? or eggs? or fish? I havent even come close to cooking half the recipes for phase 1 i have found..

though can i say.. i wish i had your issue, becuase than maybe i wouldnt want to eat at all..cause being bored would be much better than wanting to cook new things and eat all the time..lol
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/210/150

Height: 5'6"

I agree with Port Hardy Gurl. Try more recipes! Every one's suggested Kalyn's Kitchen, with good cause. It's been around for a long time, has fantastic recipes, and the archives are huge. She just posted her Phase 1 Jan 11 recipe round up, and it had a ton of recipes. I would try to branch out your Phase 1 appropriate recipes, and be cautious of throwing too much Phase 2 stuff in at once.
Lily In Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:45 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

This happens to me periodically, especially when I tend to be particularly hormonal. If I don't feel like eating, I don't make myself, but I do make sure that anything I eat is really good and packed with vitamins that day. I *have* to cook because otherwise the kids wouldn't eat (and my husband would probably subsist on cereal...) so that usually gets me out of my mood. Maybe trying cooking some new recipes. If you don't feel like eating them, then freeze them for later. But I bet once you smell the good smells, you'll be a bit curious how they taste.

Sometimes you just need to put aside a certain food for awhile, though. When I was pregnant this last time, even the thought of brown rice made me throw up. Seriously. I just had it last week, though, and it was fine.

Good luck! It's all a journey.
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote