Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default 51lbs to loose for 13jun11....people who have lost this HELP

its another 51lbs to go untill my goal, however this is just my rough goal as i know for my height i should probs be smaller. so i may decide to lose more once ive reached it.

this goal for now is my utter most focus as i go on holiday on 14the jun me and my partners first holiday abroad.

CAN I DO THIS??????? its about 3.5 stone ive never lost this much weight before so is it achieveble???

my diet plan at mo consists of 3meals a day which is a slim fast for breakfast , a weightwatchers frozen meal, and a healthy dinner or sometimes i have the ww meal for tea and have homemade soup for lunch. I am giving up alcohol and takeaways.

I was doing a workout of 20mins cross trainer and a taebo dvd and weights 4 times a week but im going to be starting a new job soon so i may not be able to fit that in but i am going to start swimming before or atfer work 4times a week and i usually do 40-50 lengths in about an hour.

Is this enough to get to goal? or should i be being stricter and exercising more?
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm sorry but 51 pounds in just over four months just isn't realistic. The closer you get to goal the harder and harder it is going to be to lose weight it's just not possible without going to some very extreme measures and hurting yourself. I suggest you think long and hard about what this journey means to you and what you can reasonably acheive in that amount of time.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #3  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by niafabo View Post
I'm sorry but 51 pounds in just over four months just isn't realistic. The closer you get to goal the harder and harder it is going to be to lose weight it's just not possible without going to some very extreme measures and hurting yourself. I suggest you think long and hard about what this journey means to you and what you can reasonably acheive in that amount of time.
well said
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #4  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

I agree with the above posters; this goal sounds very ambitious.

That being said, I think you can work your butt off and still feel great on vacation. Although you have a goal number in mind, you should start feeling stronger, more confident and healthier as you go. Whether you're 1lb from your goal or 20lb from your goal when you take that trip, you'll still be that much healthier and happier than you are now.

Embrace each success, work hard every day and maybe start saving up for another vacation you can enjoy at your goal down the road. ;p
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, it is possible. My first 4 months, I lost about 53 pounds. To be honest though - I think your plan needs some tweaking. I calorie count, and eat mostly whole foods. I do eat some "junk" too, like 100 cal packs when I'm out and about. I also did eat the occasional lean cuisine meal at the beginning but they've faded away in favour of better choices. Try to pick a plan that you can stick with forever. Can you see yourself eating the menu you described day in and day out? Also it doesn't sound like it's nutritionally adequate for your body either. Counting calories gives the leeway to have a treat here and there, but really this needs to be a lifestyle change and a focus on being healthy. Anyways, good luck to you - keep posting here there's lots of people who have lots of great advice!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Let's see, that's about 2.7 lbs loss per week. I think it's possible, but yes, it will be a challenge. I haven't lost that much weight in that time frame myself, but I've seen people on these boards do it. It takes huge commitment and working your butt off!
I agree that calorie counting could help and along with that, really focusing on eating super clean- tons of veggies, good protien, super healthy meals. It almost sounds like you're not eating enough which could work for you or bite you later- hard to say.
I guess the bottom line is that it's worth a shot, it seems a very motivating goal for you. No matter what the outcome, celebrate the success you do have! Who knows, maybe you won't get to that particular number, but you'll be so thrilled with the changes in your body that you won't care!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #7  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

It's possible, I think -- or at least somewhere in the ballpark. I lost about 42 pounds in 4 months. But you have to be willing to show up and work every day. I did a lot of exercising 5-6 days a week -- sometimes even 7 days, certain weeks, for 45 minutes to an hour (sometimes more).

I hardly ate anything processed... you mentioned giving up takeaways, which is definitely a good idea. It was very, very rare for me to eat fast food, and it still is.

That said, I don't know how I would have felt if I had given myself a deadline to lose weight by. I was pushing myself to lose as much as I possibly could, and coming here to 3FC kept me accountable. At the same time, going for a specific date could have been kind of frustrating. Is there a particular reason why you have to be at a certain weight by the time you go abroad? I mean, I understand wanting to look your best, but judging by the photo in your profile, you won't have any problem looking good, whatever your weight -- you are very, very pretty.
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #8  
Amazing will be me

Its not that i want to be at that exact number at that exact date , im not going to be that strict but some form of focus has got to be put in place otherwise i find i just dont stay on the wagon.

And alot will agree , its NO FUN being over weight and abroad it is so uncomfortable and sweaty.
Way i see it see your goal and chase it. Work hard and have will power. I just wanted to knw if others had achieved it And its not 4 months more like 5months or 20weeks t be exact
Old 02-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #9  
Amazing will be me

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestone View Post
It's possible, I think -- or at least somewhere in the ballpark. I lost about 42 pounds in 4 months. But you have to be willing to show up and work every day. I did a lot of exercising 5-6 days a week -- sometimes even 7 days, certain weeks, for 45 minutes to an hour (sometimes more).

I hardly ate anything processed... you mentioned giving up takeaways, which is definitely a good idea. It was very, very rare for me to eat fast food, and it still is.

That said, I don't know how I would have felt if I had given myself a deadline to lose weight by. I was pushing myself to lose as much as I possibly could, and coming here to 3FC kept me accountable. At the same time, going for a specific date could have been kind of frustrating. Is there a particular reason why you have to be at a certain weight by the time you go abroad? I mean, I understand wanting to look your best, but judging by the photo in your profile, you won't have any problem looking good, whatever your weight -- you are very, very pretty.

thanks