South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #1  
Dancing Maddie

S/C/G: 175/155/120

Height: 5'4''

Default Cant seem to break this last barrier

I have been on phase one for almost two weeks now. I have cheated twice-one time I ate candy (oopsies!) and another time I went out and had a few beers with friends. Other than those two slip ups, I have been on plan.
I feel like I have been constantly battling to cross from the 150 some boundary into the 149 and below. I been working out everyday through crossfit bootcamp. I have even added 2 more glasses of water a day to my 4 normal glasses.
I am hoping to extend phase 1 into another week, to make up for my mess ups and possibly cross into the 140s.
Has anyone else got stuck at a plateau like this? Thanks for the support!
Mabenda0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #2  
Dancing Maddie

S/C/G: 175/155/120

Height: 5'4''

Low 150s and high 140s
Mabenda0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Ug! I hate plateaus!

There are two main things I do to break a plateau.. First, with eating -- I increase my Calories for a day or two.. Add an extra serving of olive oil to your food (I think it's 120 Calories per tbs, but don't quote me on that), or maybe a serving of low-fat cheese (around 90 Calories).. Sometimes our bodies greedily hold on to fat because our Calories have dropped too low. Adding slightly more of an "approved" food for a day or two is often enough to nudge things in the right direction.

The second thing I do is follow the FIT method for exercise. That is, Frequency, Intensity, and Time -- frequency would be adding an extra session per week, intensity is adding resistance (I like those strap-on weights myself), and time is exercising for longer each time. Often one or all of these are enough to kick start things when they stall
Mum2Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #4  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I agree with Mum2Monkeys about the FIT method. What I can also suggest is patience. It seems like the barrier from one weight "decade" to the next is always a big one for me too, and can sometimes take a week or more to get through it...but without fail, i always do.

hang in there!
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

It is very common for weight loss to stall or plateau after that first part of PH1. Into PH2 sometimes as well. It can be frustrating Hang in there.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

2 weeks does hardly a plateau make, my dear. I agree w/ the advice given, though. And don't forget, you could be putting on muscle and therefore disguising your fat loss w/ muscle gain.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote