Old 02-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Finally figured out how to get in my water...

I'm horrible at drinking water, I'm a caffeine junkie so would much prefer my coke zero. Well, today, I told myself I couldn't have a pop with lunch unless I drank two hospital cups (the ones I have are 32 oz.) of water first. Yeah, I finished both and had my soda with lunch. Now I am about halfway through my third. Figure I will make myself finish 2 more before dinner. My goal is 5 for the day, with the amount of ice I have to have to drink water with, I figure that will give me about 100 oz for the day. Wish me luck and will power to keep keep it up.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #2  
Amanda Swan

S/C/G: 231/220/160

Height: 5'6

Thats a good plan. Ive never been big on soda, I am a coffee junkie. but my whole family is addicted so coke zero. So I will have to suggest this plan to my mom, also a fan of the hospital cups (for any kind of beverage lol) and also on a weight loss plan.

Keep up the good work
amandaswan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #3  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

OMG! I was so addicted to Coke Zero, like crazy! That's a good plan.
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaswan89 View Post
Thats a good plan. Ive never been big on soda, I am a coffee junkie. but my whole family is addicted so coke zero. So I will have to suggest this plan to my mom, also a fan of the hospital cups (for any kind of beverage lol) and also on a weight loss plan.

Keep up the good work
Yeah, I love my hospital cups, I think that's half the reason I had another baby I drink so much more water when I have a straw, don't know why, but it works for me.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

sounds good. I started always having 2 cups with me always at home. One contains coke zero one is water. One sip water one sip soda etc etc etc after awhile I noticed I tend to go to the water cup more than the soda one.
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:38 AM   #6  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I do something similar..... I get three water bottles that equal to roughly those 8 to 9 8oz glasses a day we're supposed to aim for and make sure I drink all of them so that I know I'm getting the amount I'm supposed to. 3 bottles empty by the end of the day means I reached my goal!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #7  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriLeigh View Post
I drink so much more water when I have a straw, don't know why, but it works for me.
They've actually done studies on this and it's true for pretty much everyone! I think the studies were done concerning restaurants, but when people are served a beverage with a straw they drink something like 3x as much.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 305 / ticker / 175

Height: 5' 10"

The straw thing really works for me too.

When I was first starting out, I remember hating it when I drank so much water because I felt like I had to pee every five minutes.

Then I realized that if I forced myself to chug 8 ounces of water every time I had to pee, before I could go to the bathroom, I would get my water in for the day. It worked until I didn't need to force it anymore.

Now other than the coffee I have first thing in the morning, water is all I drink. It's ended up being a lot easier than I thought it would be.
sabrinalecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 259/253/140

Height: 5' 9"

ToriLeigh, I am the same way.....I HATE water. But I am a Diet Cherry Pepsi gal myself! Anyway, I get the waterbottles and use a Crystal Light packet for flavor...Peach Tea is my fav. I carry the water bottle with me everywhere. The ones I usually get are 24 oz with the sports top. I drink about 4 or 5 a day.

And yes, sabrinalecompte, I do pee like once an hour! It has become a running joke at home and in the office...whenever anyone is looking for me, they know where to find me!
lisanovak is offline   Reply With Quote