Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:18 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by EatAnts; 02-01-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:24 AM   #2  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

Just want to congratulate everyone on all of their NSV's and WI's over the past few weeks. When you see everyone's success, it's easy to get motivated and stay on protocol. Have a great day everyone. We're getting about 6'-10' of snow today in Buffalo, so after work I'll be out on the trails snowmobiling.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #3  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Morning Everyone! No snow in Alberta this morning but the winds have picked up making for a very chilly one! The warmer weather is supposed to be moving in today which will be a nice change from the deep freeze we have been sitting in. The temperature swings have been just a little crazy but am looking forward to some sunshine and warmer weather.
Hope you all have a terrific IP day and 100% protocol is all yours.
Let's make February a short but memorable month with great weight losses and NSV's.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #4  

Default Signature trackers, tickers, whatchamacallits

Just wanted to give y'all a heads up because many of you are new to the IP Forum here at 3fatchicks. The moderators have asked us in the past to wait until the signature option is available to you to post tickers. In other words, please don't cut and paste them manually into your posts.

When your "probation" is up, check out the first post of any daily thread. In the "blue section" there's a link to instructions on how to set up a signature and a ticker.

Again ... not a -- just information that you probably haven't seen because it's in a chat thread from the fall, and well, not everyone likes to read the archives sifting the piles of sand for the gems that are there.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Good morning...and burrr its going to be in San Antonio..it was 76 yesterday and today its going to be freezing...I covered the pipes last night...
but I don't like the cold..it could be swim weather all year and I would love it..
But we still will be on guard today and tomorrow is weigh in..
so need to work it today...

Have a great day and let positive thoughts enter your head...remember to smile it makes your heart feel good...
:sw im:
Old 02-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/145/135

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Svelting for all the tips on how to use this site for newbies like me. It is a little intimidating, but I can't tell you how much it has helped me. I've used several of the recipes posted, and just keep inspired by others stories.

I made Kale chips, but burned them the first time. I bought another bunch of Kale and will try again with less time in the oven. A nice munchy treat for someone like me who likes to munch.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Default Down more!

Good morning fellow IPers,
It is another very chilly morning here - -43 with the wind - YOUCH! Not looking forward to going to work this morning in that weather. Woke up early to make my soup for work so that I am not having to come home for lunch. I am on to day 5 and have lost 9.8lbs...two more full days before weigh-in number one and I cannot wait to see what the oficcial weigh-in results are along with inches lost.
Went to my boyfriend`s mom`s place for supper - had chicken and a salad with turnip fries. They had penne noodles and chicken. He shared my turnip fries with me (I got him hooked on them!). Hope everybody has an OP day today and that you all stay warm if you`re in a freeze zone like me!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Default Newwww month!

Good morning everyone!!!
I hope you all had a fantastic day yesterday and Congrats for all the weight loss!

We are starting a new month...Wow January passed by SO quickly!!! Hopefully it'll stay that way so our weight loss finishes faster

I didn't go to my WI last night I was busy with school work...so I don't know where I am but it's a new month , new week so I am going to do this right so next week my WI will be fantastic!

This weekend will be HARD. I've got two birthday parties!!!
One of them we are going out for supper to lonestar which isn't bad I'll probably take chicken with veggies and then they want to go out..I don't think I'll have a problem with the no drinking part..but it will sure be tempting!!!
The next night we are having a gathering of friends at someone's house and there is going to be food coming ALL night..so I suggested that I would bring veggies with a dip that I can eat..and more drinking..UGH well I am trying to see the positive side of things..if I can get passed that, it will show me how devoted I am to lose weight. I HAVE TO GET IT OFF. There it's said and done

I am wishing everyone ( and btw so many new ppl LOVING IT!!! Congrats ) a FANTASTIIIIIC IP DAY...WE deserve it

xoxoxo
Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #9  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
Good morning fellow IPers,
It is another very chilly morning here - -43 with the wind - YOUCH! Not looking forward to going to work this morning in that weather. Woke up early to make my soup for work so that I am not having to come home for lunch. I am on to day 5 and have lost 9.8lbs...two more full days before weigh-in number one and I cannot wait to see what the oficcial weigh-in results are along with inches lost.
Went to my boyfriend`s mom`s place for supper - had chicken and a salad with turnip fries. They had penne noodles and chicken. He shared my turnip fries with me (I got him hooked on them!). Hope everybody has an OP day today and that you all stay warm if you`re in a freeze zone like me!
Can you share how you made your turnip fries? I tried the recipe in the thread and they were mediocre at best and started to burn but were not crispy. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #10  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Can you share how you made your turnip fries? I tried the recipe in the thread and they were mediocre at best and started to burn but were not crispy. Thanks.
THis may be a red herring but a LOT of stoves don't give you the temperatures you ask them for. In other words, the oven can vary as much as plus/minus 50 degrees overall; and there can be smaller variations withing the stove itself. (This applies to the limp/burned turnips, too.)

I keep a cheap oven thermometer in my oven and put it on the middle of the rack I'm cooking on. Not a perfect solution, but it does give you useful information.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Hi Juiceman!
What my boyfriend and I do is we cut them up (fairly thin works better) toss them in a bit of EVOO and Italian Seasoning and Lemon Juice, and then bake them for about 10-15 minutes and then switch them to broil until they turn nice and golden brown on the outside. Hope this works for you! Let me know how they turn out!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Good morning everyone. Started back on the IP packets yesterday. Fingers crossed no more rash. Thanks for all the great posts. Haven't figured out how to copy but do know that each one touched me and gave me the encouragement to moving on this journey. Even had to smile that someone else did not gain weight on steroids. Woke up at 3 am to pee and felt thin. Can't explain but my tummy felt "little"? WI 2 tomorrow. I feel empowered!!! Hubby started this morning and I have encouraged him to get involved on this forum. It is like a built in cheering section!! School is cancelled today and get to spend the day hanging with my kids. Be safe all!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/144.0/145

Height: 5'8"

Default New here, but not to IP

Hi! I figured I'd finally introduce myself since I've been reading for months.

I started IP on Sept 25th, 2010 with a goal that seemed impossible - 165. Today, I weigh 147. I LOVE IP and it has changed who I am.

My question is that now I want to get to 140. I started on phase 2 over a week ago and I've only lost a pound. Is it supposed to be that slow?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #14  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrrrl View Post
Hi! I figured I'd finally introduce myself since I've been reading for months.

I started IP on Sept 25th, 2010 with a goal that seemed impossible - 165. Today, I weigh 147. I LOVE IP and it has changed who I am.

My question is that now I want to get to 140. I started on phase 2 over a week ago and I've only lost a pound. Is it supposed to be that slow?
Wow! Just slip in with a bomb shell! What an incredible first post.

My answer is yes. However those posting in the Life AFter and the Goodbye Phase 1! Hello Phase 2! talk about a wide variety of, and highly individual, experiences.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Carbs or net carbs?

I posted this on another thread but I think it can get more views here:

I'm doing my research on products with carb contents to prepare for the guidelines on phases 3 and 4. The breakfast on phase 3 calls for no more than 30 grams of carbs in whole grain bread or cereal and no more than 20 grams in fruit. Which carbs do I count, whole content as stated in the label or net crabs? I'm assuming net carbs is the number of carbs minus the fiber grams. Am I right?
Closed Thread