View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 07:06 AM   #11
ladyinweighting

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning & Happy February,

I am up early bc snow plows scraping the driveway woke me. So far, not much snow. This time, I am mostly worried about the ice & electricity/heat. I have gas heat, but the motor is electric. However, if I lose heat, my SIL will come get me – they have a truck that can drive through snow/ice & a fireplace.

Check back later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone..nothing earth shaking going on in my neck of the woods..ive been frustrated over this plateu(sp?) sigh so i did some research and ive come to an answer,im eating to many carbs even tho the amounts are small like all my meals ive slipped back into that habbit,so am limiting them for now and see if i get better results..also the exercise is key too..so am doing them every am..geez i hate exercise but i want results so here i go thanks for the advice about the burns,they are uncomfortable but healing,cant imagine folks who are burned really bad ouch ive been working on my pictures, i can while away the day in my little craft corner . hoping
your day is going great rosey
Hi Rosey,
The bottom line is when you eat 3,500 calories fewer than you burn, you lose 1 pound. It really doesn’t matter whether the calories are from carbs, fat, or protein. However, carbs often trigger the appetite. Fat and protein does NOT tend to trigger the appetite.

For many of us – certainly me, carbs are our downfall. No matter how many times I try to cut them out of my diet, they ALWAYS creep back in. I REALLY believe I have some kind of physical attraction to carbs.

I wish you and I lived closer. I hate to scrap alone & my two scrapping buddies are too ill to go with me. Maybe I’ll just fly up to Alaska with my scrapping suitcase & we can have a scrapping party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyoyo View Post
Hi G.G.s,
Zoe, I was thinking about suggesting you read the Stephanie Plum books, because they always make me laugh. Bobbi, I think you were talking about Stephanie’s Grandma. And she does remind me of Sophia on The Golden Girls, except for the way she dresses. I love that she always wears wild clothes, & dyes her hair weird colors. She’s my hero. That’s what I’d like to do, if I was just bold enough.
NCNancy
Hi Nancy,

I will check out the Stephanie Plum books. I need a new book on my Nook.

Your post reminded me of the “When I’m an Old Woman” poem –by Jenny Joseph

When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple
with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
and satin candles, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired
and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
and run my stick along the public railings
and make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
and pick the flowers in other people's gardens
and learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
and eat three pounds of sausages at a go
or only bread and pickles for a week
and hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
and pay our rent and not swear in the street
and set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.