South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:28 AM   #1  
TLK

Default Starting over with better attitude

I have decided to start over at phase 1 today. Some of you may know that I had a bad attitude and messed up last week. Then this weekend a lovely friend I haven't seen in ages came to visit, and brought a homemade tea - fresh bread, fruit, cookies, etc. It was a total surprise to me, and she just wanted to be a blessing. Now, I had the freedom to say no thanks and explain, but she was so excited, and I made a quick decision to just enjoy, but not over indulge. Then after church I got invited to a cook out. Since DH died I don't get invited anywhere, so I chose to go, and again I didn't over do, but I enjoyed the food.

On the drive home I decided not to regret this. I needed the friendship, and I did OK with the food. But I'm going to start over, and this time view it not as something I have to get through, but as a way to get back to the healthy life I have enjoyed before. SB is just a way to help me make good decisions about food, not a "****-like" program designed to dominate my life or make me miserable. Right??

So I'm back on the beach, but this time I'm looking forward to the stay.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:48 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back, even though you really never left :-). Take a look back at both of these situations and see how you could have remained on plan while still honoring and appreciating your friend, and also taking advantage of the opportunity to socialize. I don't know about the tea, but at the barbeque maybe just a hamburger and some lettuce/tomato? In any case, it is all a learning experience. Phase 1 is hard, but you get such a feeling of accomplishment from completing it. And it really does change your body and your attitude too.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:49 AM   #3  
Mous

How wonderful. Let me know how I can help.
LADY WINDSONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #4  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good for you! You did what you thought was best at the time. Life goes on and we have to bend not break. I'm a firm believer that attitude is most of the battle and you sound like you have a good attitude this morning. Hope to see lots of you around here. We are all here and would love to help in any way we can.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 PM   #5  
Be happy.

How great that you had such a nice weekend.

I came into SBD with the idea that it was going to be a lifestyle change and that I'd be doing this for the rest of my life. Because of that I've never been horribly upset with myself when I choose to eat off plan for special events with family or friends. I'm pretty sure that that's one of the reasons I've been so happy with SBD and content to stay on plan most of the time.

The trick for me is not letting the special times come too often. I enjoy them, but I pick and choose them carefully.

I bet it won't be very long before you've got some great strategies for things like cook outs and church dinners.

How are you doing fixing meals at home? One of my mom's biggest food challenges is that she hates fixing meals for one.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:15 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
The trick for me is not letting the special times come too often. I enjoy them, but I pick and choose them carefully.
There will always be temptations. We all just have to learn how to deal with them. The important thing is that you got back on plan and didn't make it an excuse to continue on eating off plan.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote