Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default I just want to be beautiful for prom... (thoughts on my "food guide" and exercise)

I felt so embarrassed at the last dance I was at. I am now a senior, and I want to be beautiful for prom.

I want to wear this dress: http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModClo...rfection+Dress

I want to be able to go... and feel proud of how I look... hopefully on the arm of a guy.

So yeah. At the moment, that's my inspiration and desire.

Thoughts on my "plan"? (everything is flexible if need be)

Workout plan:

Monday
Weight Lifting

Tuesday
Zumba or Running

Wednesday
Running

Thursday
Zumba or weights

Friday
Running

Saturday
Break or Weights

Sunday
Break or Running

Food Guide:

Breakfast
400 calories
1 fruit
1 set of grains (1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup cheerios)
1 dairy (1 cup milk)
1 veggie

Snack 1
300 calories
1 veggie
Nuts
1 grain (granola bar, rice cake, etc)

Lunch
400 calories
Includes grains, veggies, legumes, and good fat

Snack 2
300 calories
1 fruit
1 veggie
Nuts
1 grain (granola bar, rice cake, etc)

Dinner
400 calories
Includes grains, veggies, legumes, and protein

NEED:
Nuts, Protein Shakes, or other protein sources kept in gym bag for a post-workout snack.

Thoughts? I want to make sure I'm getting all of the nutrients I need, but I want to lose weight. I am taking a daily multivitamin as well... so yeah... like I said... thoughts?
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:35 PM   #2  

Your dress selection is beautiful!! I think your plan sounds great (i'm not an expert though ) I'm also a zumba-addict, so I know you will burn lots of calories that way! My only suggestion is to not push yourself too hard.

Regardless of what size you have to order your dress the most important thing is to go with confidence and know that you are working towards being the best person you can be! Don't just focus on prom, focus on the rest of your life.
danaj415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #3  

I'd order it in a large most likely... I'd fit in an XL right now... but yeah...

Thanks... more than anything... I want to look beautiful at prom not for prom's sake... but as the start of a new page in my life... of moving myself to being the best I can be... physically, mentally, etc.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

That is a really beautiful dress (gotta love modcloth) and a wonderful goal to work towards. I wish I'd bothered with a similar goal--I was fat at my prom, and while I still had a great time and it didn't ruin my life or anything, I'd still prefer to have more flattering pictures of myself from that night. Just keep in mind, you can't always control how quickly or slowly the weight comes off, so be sure to celebrate every accomplishment!
Eurydice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:20 AM   #5  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

I think fitting into a ModCloth dress, even an XL, is a great goal/accomplishment. Their dresses are known for running small and having no give/stretch.

If you stay OP and keep your goals in mind, you'll look great in that gorgeous dress come prom!
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:07 AM   #6  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Plan looks good. You sure you're up for exercising the same 5 days every week? As long as you can be flexible with yourself I think you're on a one way street to success.

And your dress is really nice. Definitely worth shrinking to fit into the L.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:17 AM   #7  
gym bunny

S/C/G: 210/168/140

Height: 5ft 6

Very beautiful dress. Elegant, yet, classy. Love it. Great food plan. Your goal date is really close, but I bet if you work hard, you will make it. Good luck.
nickyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

It's a beautiful dress. One thing I'd mention: nuts are about 70% fat, 30% protein. If it's concentrated protein you want, think lean meat, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt.

And almost any plan will work, if you stick with it. The sticking-with-it 95% of the time is more important than the particular details.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:53 AM   #9  

Thanks Shmead! I was trying to find sources of protein... which I definitely need since I'm eating no meat... but was having trouble figuring out what exactly. Right there in that one sentence was more info than I've discovered with 30 minutes of google searching.

Daniel Lewis... I'm wanting to run as well, since I'm training for a 5k run in March (not expecting to win, just to get across the finish line within an hour... )... thoughts on that on a better schedule? Right now I only have the Zumba once or twice a week... So yeah...
Old 01-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

I love the dress ..... the colour is lovely and I agree with the comment about being classy.

You are well planned and organised....

Make sure you have that break in your schedule .... that is the one thing my trainer insists on

Take care .... best of luck with your goals ...
HMM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #11  

I have either Sunday or Saturday (or both depending on if there are family plans that weekend) for my break. So... hopefully that'll be enough to content me.

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

That is a beautiful dress and love, love, love the color.

Your program looks great and you can definitely do it!

Reduced fat cheese sticks are a good source of protein too. Laughing cow lite cheese wedges too!
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #13  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Love, love, love that dress! Makes me want to go back to my own just to wear it.

Sounds like a good plan, the only suggestion I have is that you might want to focus on more veggies/protein during your snack and drop the grain all together if you're hungry in between meals (grains tend to make me hungrier). Good luck!!!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #14  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

even being a vegetarian, i think you need more protein...JMHO...... there ARE many great sources (such as greek yogurt) but even for a snack some whey protein works great
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #15  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

This list of vegetarian protein sources was posted here a long time ago by Blue2Blue; maybe it'll be helpful for you:

yogurt (20g per serving)

cottage cheese (14g per serving)

tofu (7g per serving). Try pressing the water out and sauteeing it or marinating it and then baking it. If you live near a Trader Joe's, they sell baked tofu that is fabulous and has 16g protein per serving.

eggs or egg whites (6g per serving). Make yourself an egg-white omelet and add some reduce fat cheese for some more protein. Or I sometimes take a hard-boiled egg and mix the yolk with dijon mustard to make a sort of deviled egg.

oatmeal (5g per serving) or oat bran (up to 7g per serving, depending on the brand)

low carb wrap with one wedge laughing cow cheese (7.5g protein)

low carb wrap with refried beans (12g protein). Add a laughing cow cheese wedge for an extra 2.5g protein.

Does tuna count as meat for you? If not, a can of bumblebee sensations sun-dried tomato tuna has 18g of protein and makes a great snack.

1 tbsp SnacLite Power PB (6g protein). Stir it into your oatmeal or eat it on a slice of high fiber bread.

Trader Joe's also sells egg-white salad that is fabulous and has 7g to 9g protein per serving, depending on which variety you buy (they have three, spicy ranchero, chive, and salmon and dill)

Yogurt Vegetable Salad: 1/4 cup yogurt, 1 tsp dijon mustard, 2.5 oz diced cucumber, 1.5 oz halved cherry tomatoes (use sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red pepper if fresh cherry tomatoes aren't available), 1/4 cup chickpeas, 1 tbsp minced fresh basil or mint, sea salt and pepper to taste. 85 calories and 9g protein.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote