Old 09-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #1  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Recipes from "What's for Dinner?"

Heroin Wings

I buy 3 pounds of drummettes; if you're buying whole wings, buy 4 pounds because you won't use the "tips." Also, the cheap finely grated parmesan cheese in the can or bottle works fine with this recipe. You can also use the already shredded parmesan in the deli section. Don't bother using expensive cheese and shredding it yourself.

Enjoy!

3 lb chicken wings
1/2 cup butter
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
garlic powder or dried ground garlic to taste

First, preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the wings up into "drummettes". (Freeze the pointy "tips" for soup -- they make great broth!) Then combine the grated cheese and the seasonings. Line a shallow baking pan with foil. (Do not omit this step, or you'll still be scrubbing the pan come New Year's Day!) Melt the butter in a shallow bowl or pan.

Dip each "drummette" in butter, roll in the seasoned cheese, and arrange in the foil lined pan. Bake for 1 hour at 350°F. Kick yourself that you didn't make a double recipe!!

Description: "Once you try these, you'll understand the name -- utterly, totally addictive! You'll impress the heck out of your friends -- and wish you'd made more! They're great leftover, too." Source: ""500 Low-Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes, from Snacks to Dessert, That the Whole Family Will Love" by Dana W. Carpender"

Last edited by sandyfanny; 09-25-2010 at 09:05 AM.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:59 AM   #2  
Less Juicey

Default Cheesy Spinach and Beef Bake

Cheesey Spinach and Beef Bake
At JerseyGyrl's suggestion, I checked Linda's Low Carb recipe site and came across this recipe. It sounds really good, and I have all the ingredients. I'm going to make a scaled down version using about a pound of ground beef, fresh spinach and fresh mushrooms. This is dinner tonight - maybe with a cup of cauliflower soup for extra veggies.

CHEESY SPINACH BEEF BAKE
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
4 ounce can mushrooms, drained
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste

Brown the hamburger and onion; drain the fat. Mix all of the ingredients in at least a 2-quart greased casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 375º for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Makes 6-8 servings
Can be frozen Per 1/6 Recipe: 455 Calories; 31g Fat; 38g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 342 Calories; 23g Fat; 28g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

Last edited by sandyfanny; 09-25-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #3  
Less Juicey

Default Cheesecake Recipe 1

Cheesecake from LTs Girl:

For the whole cheesecake there are 65 carbs. I cut it into 16 pieces and there are about 4 carbs per slice. So worth it.

4 8oz pkgs cream cheese (32 carbs)
1 Cup Splenda (24 carbs)
1/2 Cup sour cream (4 carbs)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 eggs (5 carbs)

Preheat ove to 475 degrees. Place a large pan or oven-safe skillet (that the cheesecake pan will fit inside) filled with about 1/2 inch of water into the oven while it preheats. This will be your water bath.

Use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese with the splenda, sour cream, and vanilla. Blend until smooth and creamy. Whisk eggs in seperate bowl and then add them to the cream cheese mixture. Don't overblend.

Pour filling into 9 inch springform pan. wrap the bottom of the pan with foil to keep the cheesecake dry.

place the cheesecake into the water bath. Bake for 12 minutes at 475 degrees, then turn the oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the top is light brown or tan color.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #4  
Less Juicey

Default Gelene's Smothered Chicken

Smothered Chicken

Boneless skinless baked chicken breast sprinkled with Montreal Chicken seasoning and topped with sauteed mushrooms, red bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Monterey Jack cheese over that and back in the oven to melt. Steamed broccoli on the side. Yummo!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:14 AM   #5  
Less Juicey

Default CountryCowGirl's Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Breasts

Rinse and pat dry the chicken, preheat skillet with about 1/4" good olive oil, beat 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons heavy cream, about 1 cup grated parmesan in shallow dish, add more if needed (if you have shredded parmesan, whirl in food processor to grated consistency), dip chicken in egg mixture, press in cheese, turn and press other side, fry as you would regular fried chicken; when turning, use a spatula instead of tongs as they tend to stick and you loose the coating. I season the cheese with seasoned salt and pepper. I fry 3 large breasts, 2 with parmesan and 1 for hubby using a flour mixture.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #6  
Less Juicey

Default Linda's Low Carb Cheezits

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheezits.html

These are amazing...easy and delicious! My microwave time was only 60 seconds, though, instead of 65. I'll make these OFTEN. Now I have yummy crackers to go with my salad.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #7  
Less Juicey

Default Cauliflower Soup for Shells

Cauliflower Soup

1/2 head of cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
2 T. olive oil
2 cups of chicken broth (I use reduced sodium)
1/2 - 1 c. heavy cream
grated sharp cheese (as much as you like - I use about 1/2 c.)
chopped onion (I use maybe 1/2 cup)

In a large saucepan, sautee the onion in olive oil 'til it's soft over med - low heat. *Add the cauliflower and sautee it with the onions 'til the cauliflower shows a little golden color (about 7 min.) Add the chicken broth, cover saucepan and simmer until the cauliflower is soft. Let the mixture cool off the heat and put it in a blender and puree. You may need to do this in two batches. Return the pureed mixture to the saucepan and add cream, reheating over med.- low heat. Stir in the cheese and ground black or white pepper and serve. Don't add salt until you taste it; the cheese may be enough salt. This makes 4 - 6 servings. You can refrigerate leftover soup and reheat for another meal.

*If you're in a hurry, microwave the cauliflower until it's soft. Then add it to the onion, add chicken broth and simmer about 15 min. But I think it's better to sautee it a little with the olive oil.

I also made the crispy cheese crackers to eat with my soup. Just what I needed to make me feel better.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #8  
Less Juicey

Default Simona's Meatloaf

Meatloaf:

2lbs ground beef
1lb ground pork or sausage
2 eggs
1c. grated parmesan cheese
1/2 onion finely minced
1-2 jalapeno peppers finely minced [as much heat as you like]
1-2 cloves minced garlic [add as much or as little as you like]
salt/pepper to taste
4 hard cooked eggs

Mix all ingredients except hard cooked eggs.

On a piece of foil paper, lay the ground meat mixture and form into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.

Cut the hard cooked eggs in half lengthwise.

Place 2 eggs [4 halfs] in a row across the meat leaving at least 1" from the top.

Using the foil, roll the meat away from you once to cover the eggs. Where the rolled edge meets the meat [away from you] place the 2nd row of egg halfs.

Using the foil again, roll to close and seal the ends by pinching the meat together.

Cooking options:

Oven for 1hr. at 350F topped with low carb ketchup or BBQ sauce.

Fry in a shallow pan until browned on each side and then simmer in tomato sauce for 1-2 hours.

**Frying can be tricky. It can easily fall apart. I bake mine and then add it to the sauce for a quick 30 minute simmer.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #9  
Less Juicey

Default Hungry Girl Cheesecake

Before you get too excited, this is NOT a recipe for Induction.

Hungry Atkins Girl Cheesecake for Two:

4 T. cream cheese softened
1/2 c. ricotta cheese
1 T. sugar free, fat free vanilla pudding mix *
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1-3 packets Splenda (to taste)
1-3 T. heavy cream

Mix all ingredients well. Refrigerate and chill. I'm thinking of adding a sprinkling of cinnamon too.

NOTE: I just made this; I used 2 packets of Splenda and 2 T. heavy cream. I used a little handmixer tonight; I've done it by hand, but the results are better with a mixer.

*This ingredient appears in the Atkins' New Diet Cookbook, 1994, in the recipe for ice cream as "induction friendly," so I'm using it.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #10  
Less Juicey

Default LTs Girl's Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo (w/o noodles - you don't even miss them)

Cook chicken and broccoli.

Sauce
saute garlic in butter
1 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Put in pan over low heat until parmesan cheese is melted. Pour over chicken and broccoli.

*LTs Girl says sometimes she adds mushrooms...Delicious!

Last edited by sandyfanny; 10-03-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #11  
Less Juicey

Default Pot Roast with Greek Seasoning

This roast ROCKS! I browned it in olive oil and seasoned it with coarse salt, ground peppercorns, 2 large garlic cloves chopped coarsely, and lots of Greek Seasoning. (skipped the flour entirely)

I put whole, trimmed green onions underneath it in the pan instead of the carrots. I used my oven, roasting it slowly, covered with aluminum foil.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2159336_perf...uck-roast.html

Last edited by sandyfanny; 01-10-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #12  
Less Juicey

Default Cheeseburger Meatloaf

The recipe is adapted from Paula Deen's recipe for Cheeseburger Meatloaf.

Ingredients How to make it
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck and next 8 ingredients, mixing well.
  • In a small bowl, combine the onion and tomatoes (reserve a little onion)
  • Stir 1/4 cup tomato mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining onion/tomato mixture.
  • Press meat mixture into a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a rack in a broiler pan.
  • Spread remaining onion/tomato mixture over loaf.
  • Bake 40 minutes.
  • Top with sauteed onions; bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.

Last edited by sandyfanny; 09-25-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #13  
Less Juicey

Default Ham Salad Snack

Ham salad scooped with pork rinds. Slices of deli ham chopped very fine in the food processor and mixed with mayonnaise and grainy mustard. A very satisfying, quick take-along lunch.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:38 AM   #14  
Less Juicey

Default Chicken Salad and Cheese Crisps

Chicken Salad and Cheese Crisps:

Rotisserie chicken, mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions. Two or three of Linda's Low Carb cheese crisps give you that "crackers" crunch and a sliced fresh tomato.

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/cheese_crisp.html

Last edited by sandyfanny; 09-25-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #15  
Less Juicey

Default Fatmad's Reuben

Sauerkraut, with corned beef shredded on it, covered with swiss cheese.
A reuben melt without the bread.