South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 04:34 AM   #1  
Mous

Smile

When we set our minds to succeed; success will follow.

Our parsnips turned out great. One cost $1 and it was a dollar well spent.

Will go to ARC (thrift store) and check out the cookbook section.

We are suppose to have beautiful weather then brace for a high of 15 and SNOW!

I made a roasted chicken yesterday and you should have heard the noise in my house! ALL of our smoke alarms went off at once and I am too short to get them down. Too funny. No smoke, but heat from the oven! You see my dear Lou has them in the path of the oven! He had to come over 3 times. Too, too funny. When he came the first time, he brought Charley over and Charley was NOT going to have ANYTHING to do with the loud screeching noise!

I did taste the chicken (it literally fell off the bone) and it is a keeper.

Today make sure to take 10 for yourselves.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:06 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, LWS. I sometimes do that with my oven too!

Today we are going to see my new niece, who was born in early January. I'm very excited. Then we're all going to dinner at my MIL's. I feel guilty about not being psyched for that. Without going into detail, I struggle with guilt about my negative feelings about her. She's a "saint" but I don't really think so. Enough said.

Hope everyone has a great weekend...I will be ON PLAN all weekend! My weight loss last week was a super motivator.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. It's still snowing here - I think that's almost a week. It's a good thing it's the light and fluffy stuff.

Marcie, my dogs freak over the smoke detector noise. Last time one went off poor Disney was very upset. I had to give her a doggie tranq. to calm her down. It must really hurt their ears. Jazz just whimpers and crawls up on my lap.

Matilda, having survived two "saintly" mothers in law, I sympathize completely. I smiled a lot and said "Oh, really" "How nice" and "I bet you did" and survived both. Hang in there - you'll outlive them!

This morning I meet my Cousin Cathy at Bob's Diner for breakfast which should be an experience for her - she's a sophisticated Montreal chick. Her DH is going skiing for the day so Cathy, who had knee replacement, will hang out for the day with the dogs and me. We talk and laugh a lot so I know my stomach muscles will be sore tomorrow. I'm pretty sure laughing burns calories!

Have a good weekend and take some time for YOU!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Marcie - Our smoke detectors are set off by heat too. So annoying if I roast anything. I end up batting at them with a broom handle to make them stop.

Mathilda - I love Ruth's MIL advice. Have a fun and relaxing weekend

Ruth - Laughing must be the best exercise (okay, some people might argue second best but I am not having that conversation!). Happy visit

It's a nice, mellow and normal weekend around here, the last for a few weeks. I've got cooking, cleaning, laundry and some grocery shopping planned. I'm even thinking about trying a nap or at least some horizontal reading time.

The weekend after next is my parents' 50th. We are going to dinner at the horrid Italian restaurant they love. DD offered to pick up a special cake from one of her local bakeries but I think even really special events should not leave people sick. Last time we went to this restaurant Dad did not feel well all night because of all the carbs and fat and I don't think adding a cake will improve that. So do any of you smart Chicks have suggestions for a light and healthy but yummy dessert? My Dad doesn't like super rich things, fruits are good. I'm thinking about shortcake with mock cake, baked apples, etc but could use some new ideas. Thanks!

Time to plan my weekend cook-a-thon. Black beans are in the crockpot already but I haven't planned beyond that yet. Happy Saturday
Old 01-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Windsong - I've never roasted a chicken but have a recipe to try sitting on my desk that I cut out from the newspaper this week. It has sweet potatoes with it.

Mmc - Ah, in-laws.

Ruth - Laughing has been shown to do great things for us! Cures all sorts of ills. Have fun.

Cyndi - I'm thinking about a nap too and I haven't been up that long!

My son has an indoor soccer game today and basketball tomorrow, so I'll be watching those this weekend. DH is heading to a memorial service for a distant relative and I think I may actually crawl back into bed for a bit when he's gone; I did not sleep well last night. Other than that, not much planned.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning,

I could've slept in today and did I, NOPE. Today should be nice and busy. This morning we have an Odyessey of the Mind event. In the afternoon Tanner has his play and the family is going. Then tonight my friend is having party for her birthday. I just plan on stopping in for a minute, so I won't be eating, which is good for staying on program.

It is supposed to be beautiful again today. However, I have the news on and they say our high on Tuesday is supposed to be 5. Yuck, I am going to enjoy today.

Have a good one!!
Old 01-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, LadyWindsong! I am setting my mind for success today! Glad to hear you enjoyed your roast chicken. It used to be a staple at our house.

Ruth, lol at your sophisticated relative being exposed to the diner.

Matilda, best wishes with MIL!

Cyndi, I'll think on a dessert...I haven't had enough coffee yet.

Karen, enjoy a go back to bed day, if you can.

Me, very busy on the West side of the mountains. We invited a friend over for dinner last night. We always leave the house spotless, but we left a day ahead of schedule last time due to impending storms so we had to clean house yesterday afternoon. I have 2 pool dates today and want to get some Chokecherry jelly made for my mom-I need the juice out of my freezer. That's my day..

Enjoy your Saturday,everyone!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I slept in and am enjoying a lazy Saturday morning. The sun made a brief, rare appearance, but now it's disappeared back behind the cloud cover again, and more snow is on it's way.

It sounds like you all have nice plans for the day. I don't have anything special planned except for getting some laundry done and visiting my parents. We'll see what else the day will bring. If I get bored, I can always declutter my recipe files or go through the bathroom linen closet.

Cyndi, I think a simple dessert of dark chocolate dipped strawberries would be a lovely way to end the anniversary dinner.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:41 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth sounds like a lovely way to spend a day- laughing

Windsong thanks for starting us up. Glad your parsnips turned out well.

Mmck- I was blessed with a great MIL of course it might have to do with the fact that she lives 13 hours away, but I actually call and talk to her twice a week because she only has her two boys and they hardly ever call (DH being one of them) and she doesn't get along at all with my SIL. DH is actually there right now though he went to Texas for the Superbowl so I told him he had to stop and spend a day with his mom.

Cyndi- Cottage idea of chocolate covered strawberries sounds great. My parents also will be celebrating their 50th Anniversary in November god willing. My sisters and I need to get cracking on doing something special for them. We are all spread out in different states so makes it difficult.

Karen have fun at DS soccer games, DD1 has started open gym training for soccer for school

Tanner's mom- Have fun at all the events today.

Debbie sounds like you have a busy day.

Cottage enjoy your visit with your parents.

Today- whenever DH leaves I tend to tackle a project since I have extra time on my hands in the evenings not catering to him lol- I have decided to tackle cleaning the basement back walls they have spots where moisture sometimes gets in- last night was bleach and water treatment- today patching and put treatment and sealer on the walls and then painting and then rearranging all the storage containers again. That should keep me busy for a week.

DD2 wanted a chore chart- so we have created one for her to tackle doing chores so she will be assisting me with all the upstairs stuff though I did say she could help me paint the walls in the basement

The HS is putting on a dance clinic so DD2 will be going to that as well.

Enjoy your day.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

LadyW You're quote always give me a great start in the AM Thanks and I set off every smoke alarm in my house last week with pork chops
MMc I have one of those too! Smile and nod
Ruth Laughing is great Cardio have a wonderful time with your cousin!

Cyn what about fresh or frozen (thawed) berries with some Homemade whipped cream? this way you can control how much sugar/sweetener goes into it
or get those individual short cakes if ppl want them?
Or bake little mini phyllo cups
Who has a food obsession? Not me!
Karen go get cozy im thinking of that myself
T-Mom you're day is packed!!
Debbie R what do chokecherries taste like?
Cottage a lazy day sounds ideal!

Me: This is the first time in FOREVER I've been relaxed otherwise I've been like a hamster who's escaped a coffee factory. DH is on a fire call we're probably going to pick up around the house I want to listen to my I can make you thin cd and do some writing
I think I'm making a new Friend Went to dinner with a girl whos hubby is on the FD with James she and I graduated from the same school the same year, lived in the same apartments on campus (never knew eachother) and their anniversary is the same day as ours.
So that's kind of exciting tomorrow Lunch in Teaneck with some friends
Need to get to the store we're down to 1 pack of meat and I'm not giving into pasta dinners!
Old 01-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Job interview for me on Monday, will let you know how it goes! It's for a teaching assistant position, any tips would be welcome.

Last edited by BellaLucia; 01-29-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm thinking this might be the best place to ask this question..hope so. I have the old edition of SB..'03'..question,has anything about SB changed from the original?..thanks ladies..;o)
Old 01-29-2011, 05:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by choices View Post
I'm thinking this might be the best place to ask this question..hope so. I have the old edition of SB..'03'..question,has anything about SB changed from the original?..thanks ladies..;o)
There are some changes to the Phase 1 and Phase 2 food lists, and there are some suggested exercises to do in Phase 1, but other than that, the principles of this plan remain the same.
You can find the changes in the food lists in our FAQs. We keep the food lists updated with all the latest changes.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:57 AM   #14  
Mous

Remember all of your accomplishments this week and then smile.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:59 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning.

Had a great day with my cousin Cathy yesterday. My stomach muscles are sore from laughing. We sorted through a bunch of unfinished quilting projects and I now have a plan to get them done. That includes taking them to visit her in Montreal next month. Her DH joined us for dinner last night but they decided to go back to the cottage for overnight as Steve had an early ski "date" this morning.

Off to Church this morning and then a wee bit of prep for dinner company again. Gotta love that Salsa Chicken recipe! Just add rice and green beans and you're all set. Karen is joining Joanne and the two kids so I need to figure out how to seat five without adding leaves to the table. The world should have such difficult problems! and

Hope your Sunday is peaceful and fun.
Closed Thread