Old 01-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Funny weight loss annoyances

I know this has been done before, but so has everything else. So if you want to add some funny little weight loss annoyances, just for fun, please do.

At the gym, whenever my buddy comes up to talk to me I drop my head phones (the old-fashioned kind, not ear buds) down around my neck. This has never been a problem before but here lately as I run they bounce on my collar bones and it hurts! I can't keep them there anymore. That pad of fat was apparently good for something!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

My DH & I like to play wrestle once in a while. Well, I used to be able to kind of hold my own when I weighed 60 pounds more than him, but now I have no chance in heck, and that ticks me off!!

Last edited by sept15lija; 01-27-2011 at 10:31 AM.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

All my shoes are too big! This is supposed to be a good thing, right? Well, I wear an 11W, and they are too wide. Still can't fit an 11 regular or a 10W, so I'm stuck sloshing around in my shoes for a couple more months.

And why my feet not my belly? If someone could put in a word with the weight loss gods, please?
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodforme View Post
All my shoes are too big! This is supposed to be a good thing, right? Well, I wear an 11W, and they are too wide. Still can't fit an 11 regular or a 10W, so I'm stuck sloshing around in my shoes for a couple more months.

And why my feet not my belly? If someone could put in a word with the weight loss gods, please?
I've always had this problem! LOL! Yes, why the feet and FINGERS?! At 235 my feet had finally widened to almost normal, and now I'm back to AAAA narrow. I really don't care how thin my feet are. My finger was a 5 at my high weight and now we're down 4.25. If only my belly were that petite!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #5  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

The feeling that clothes usually just don't...quite...fit...perfectly. Either they're just a little snug or you're hitching them up all the time! Upon reaching goal, I will take great satisfaction in consistent fit again.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #6  
Happy Member

I am cold. Very cold. And it is wintertime in Wyoming. That nice layer of fat I used to have kept me much more comfy in the winter weather.

No, I don't want it back.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #7  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoJo2 View Post
I am cold. Very cold. And it is wintertime in Wyoming. That nice layer of fat I used to have kept me much more comfy in the winter weather.

No, I don't want it back.

Jo, are you really 84? You go girl!

I am cold all the time now too.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

my favorite lululemon groove pants are getting too big!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

I'm always cold. I miss that layer of fat....nahhhhh, I'll just throw on a sweatshirt!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #10  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Cold...in AZ...at 73 degrees in the house.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

I am a side sleeper, and now my knees knock together and its uncomfortable and pokey. I've started having to sleep on my tummy. Also, I keep banging various bones with my husband (which sounds naughty but that is totally NOT what I was getting at. Just now anyway lol). And finally, droopy-drawers underpants. I have bought new sets of undies twice already. The size I am in now still stays up at my waist just fine, but it the butt area is all sorts of saggy. I refuse to buy a size smaller yet though.

Also, I fifth the cold thing. Being cold SUCKS especially when I was used to being hot ALL the time.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/147/125

I'm cold all the time too. And my rings are too big. I'm waiting to have them resized because I want to lose more weight. My necklaces that hung correctly around my fat neck now droop too low. I had a bunch of really nice 2X clothes that I really, really liked but I had to give them all away. My large relatives descended on my Bins O'Too Big Clothes like a pack of starving hyenas and now whenever we have a party, I'm freaked out because everyone (well, all the women) are wearing my clothes. :-) And the worst part is NO ONE wants to hear me complain about ANY problem related to losing weight.
Tryllianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #13  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

The cold thing year round. Even when it's nearly 100 degrees I have to wear a sweater when I go into a store.

Also, when I go to the movies by the time it's over my backside is so sore. I lost my padding back there!

Pacifica Bee, some side sleepers who have lost a lot use a pillow between their knees so they don't knock together.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #14  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I am one of those pillow-between-the-knees girls, but I did that even at my high weight, it's much easier on my lower back and pelvis and I get out of alignment less frequently that way.

I HATE being between sizes! My pants are either too loose (and look dumb and baggy) or I get muffin top. Grr....
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #15  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica Bee View Post
And finally, droopy-drawers underpants. I have bought new sets of undies twice already. The size I am in now still stays up at my waist just fine, but it the butt area is all sorts of saggy. I refuse to buy a size smaller yet though.
Have you considered thongs? Since there's no real butt, they can't sag.

I know...280 lb chick suggesting thongs. I wear 'em. Laugh away. It's less material for my @$$ to eat.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote