South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default SBD Daily Chat: January 27, 2011

I got a call back regarding a job but because of the inclement weather, I don't know what the call was about. I will find out later today and tell all of you what the deal is. Good thoughts. Today is weigh in day at the doctor! I hope to have good news for you all!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:22 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Wow! I'm actually posting in MY morning! Connor is at school, Kadyn is working on her cursive, Avery is doing her sight words, and the baby is still snoozing so I have a minute to myself. Scale was up a pound this week. I am finding it frustrating that I managed to lose twenty pounds eating cookies and cheesecake and candy over the holidays and now that I started exercising and eating right the loss has stalled. I'm not losing motivation - just kind of grumpy. I haven't been doing measurements, which would probably be a good idea, and I could also pay better attention to portion sizes, so I do have areas to tweak. It's a journey.

Good luck at the doctor, Okie! I'm sending good thoughts for your job prospect!

Schmoodle, I'm glad you got some results from the test, although I'm sorry it was not great news. Best of luck at your iodine test today! Try not to glow too brightly!

Jasmine, I also hate when my husband is gone. I have the worst time falling asleep. The last time he deployed I did the elliptical before bed every night so I'd be more tired (as if caring for the kids all day didn't wear me out...) and that helped.

Rose, I'm glad the meeting went well! Enjoy the club! One of the first things we look for when we move is an AWANA club.

Amy, I get up early to get my exercise in because I have learned that if I don't do it in the morning, it's too easy to put it off and then it doesn't get done. It stinks to wake up an extra hour and a half early, but I've come to treasure it as my special quiet alone time. It's not often quiet in my house...

Kierie, good job on the loss! Keep it up!

Tall, my scale isn't cooperating either. Grrrr. Hope your appointments went well!

Karen, glad to hear the good news from the doctor! Take it easy, though!

Lisa, glad your son is feeling better!

Natasha, I'm sorry to hear about the losses and injuries. That is scary work! Good luck with the fundraising!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies.

Okie - Sounds like it's going to be good news about the job...can't wait to hear about it!!! Good luck!!! And good luck w/ your weigh in as well!!!

tomandkara - Don't be too frustrated...it's quite possible that it's just water weight or maybe even some muscle gain. At least it's only a pound either way, right??? Don't worry, it'll be back where you want it to be next week. Thanks for the good luck wishes...I'm excited to get started, that's for sure!!!

Plans for today are gym, sleep, work, and then gym again. Throw in some pumpkin spice coffee (did I mention that I'm addicted now??? LOL) and a few meals and snacks and that's pretty much it. I'm on-call all weekend, but hopefully I'll skate by w/o getting called in b/c we have plans for a Girl's Night Out on Friday w/ my bestfriend who will be going out for the first time since having the baby. Yay!!! Wish me luck...I don't mind going in on Saturday or Sunday, but I really hope I don't get called in to work on Friday. Oh, I got my computer fixed, btw. Had some nasty malware on there and had to do a complete system restore. Blah!!! Hope everybody has a great day!!!

Last edited by Natasha1534; 01-27-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:46 AM   #4  
Mous

Numbers can make us sad or happy so let's remember that through hard work, determination and goal setting we will succeed.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:02 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hey all,
Snow day today, but I'm hoping my sitter can still come in the afternoon so I can run out to a movie (when was the last time I did that??). Not much else to say today except good luck Okie!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Hello!

Yesterday was such a long, busy day that I didn't have a chance to check in or read the daily thread. I popped in a couple of times but kept getting interrupted. I'll go catch up on yesterday's news when I finish here.

We celebrated our 31st anniversary yesterday. It sure doesn't seem like we're old enough to have been married this long. This is the first anniversary that we did not eat lobster. Even when times were tough and money was tight we splurged on lobster to celebrate. But because of Fergie's gout problems we decided to pass on the lobster this year. Fergie broiled scallops and fixed salads and we had that instead. It was really good, maybe even better than lobster. (Not really, but we're pretending. )

We missed this snow storm. We got some snow, but not enough to call it a storm. I'm so relieved, we've missed a lot of school already and traditionally March is our big month for snow days. I like the occasional day off, but I also like my summer vacation.

Okie, I've got my fingers crossed for you. to everyone else!

I'm off to get caught up on yesterday's thread now.

Enjoy your Thursday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-27-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:14 AM   #7  
Mous

Quote:
Zucchini Hashbrowns
Ingredients:

1.5 pounds or 4 cups of coarsely shredded zucchini
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs or equivalent egg substitute
6 tbsp Parmesan cheese
cooking spray

Directions:

* Combine zucchini with salt in a medium bowl; let stand for 15 minutes. Squeeze to press out moisture.
* Stir in eggs and cheese.
* Fry in skillet over medium high heat until golden brown on both sides. I use cooking spray but the original recipe calls for butter.

The first time I made these was a side dish but from then on it was a great alternative to eggs for PH1 breakfast. I have refrigerated them for several days and microwaved them as needed. They are not as good as right out of the pan but still tasty. You could add garlic, onion, or pepper to taste.

BTW - I don't usually like cooked zucchini at all, unless it is in quick bread, but I can happily eat it this way.

Congrat's on the 31st and making it even MORE special this year.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:31 AM   #8  

Morning everyone! Today is a full day workshop/training for me! A little bit of a break from the regular school day....b/c I don't have to be there until 8:30, also we get to go out for lunch. Don't worry though, there's a new place we tried recently and I can get a great protein packed salad with light dressing on the side! So sad that eating out lunch seems to be such a treat....but hey that's how it goes for us teachers!!!

Kara- Glad you got to catch a minute for yourself this morning....those little ones really keep you busy. Don't worry too much about the scale, it will move! I know how that number can effect me, though!

Oakie- Good luck at the dr. and weighing in!

Heidi- Happy Anniversary yesterday...wow 31 years that is awesome!

MmcKellan- Love some snow days but hate making them up....the movies sounds like a fun afternoon, though. Maybe if the sitter can't come you could choose a movie that would work for everyone???

Marcie- Have a wonderful Thursday and thanks for sharing the recipe from Karen. That sounds so yummy and I have several zucchini in the fridge right now!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:36 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Wow, Natasha, two trips to the gym?! You're on fire!

Matilda, what are you going to see at the movies?

Happy belated anniversary, Heidi!

Lisa, enjoy your inservice day!

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-27-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:39 AM   #10  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Just a moment to check in before I'm off to the grindstone (I love it, so it's really more of a funstone).

On plan all week, my arms hurt like heck from the 100 pushups program (hundredpushups.com), and I look forward to RUNNING again this weekend.

Have a great day, y'all!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #11  

Natasha...mmmmm pumpkin spice! I really need your gym motivation!

Annie- Have a good day and thanks again for sharing that push up site. I started and I know what you mean my arms are so so sore!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, everyone!

We had quite a snowstorm overnight, and there's 16" blanket of snow to dig out from this morning. I know how I'll get my exercise today! I'll probably wait until noon before I try to get to the farm, if I go at all. Those back roads are always the last to get plowed and treated.

Have a great OP day, and stay safe!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:08 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just another day on the road in Vermont

Cottage - wow, that's a whole lot of snow. Be extra safe out there (I know you will be it's the Mom thing )

I'm off to scan recipes because I can't come up with an interesting dinner idea and I'm bored! I made last night's dinner in the pressure cooker and it was good. I'm excited to have a new way to prep stews.

Have a great Thursday friends.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:13 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, EveryChick. With all the early postings, you look like nightingales instead of Chicks.

The plough just went by to clear our road but we sure don't have a huge fall of snow. That's a good thing because I did not get my shoveling done yesterday as planned. This morning is busy with a trip to the pharmacy, coffee with the Diner group and then some time with the curators at the Mill Office. We are working on grant applications - not my favourite thing. We'll do lunch together and then I'll be home to shovel. I need staff!

Whoops! It's trash morning so I need to get "it" together right now. My DH always said "When you get your **** together, be sure you can lift it!"

Stay, safe, warm and OP.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

Another long day, more parent teacher conferences tonight. They atleast are supposed to be serving salad for dinner, I hope it is SB friendly. If not I am prepared.

For those of you who got snow last night, be safe.

Happy Anniversary Heidi!!!

Have a great day!!
Closed Thread