Old 01-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.4/212.2/150

Default Food ideas for Superbowl party

Ok, so I'm a huge football fan and although my team isn't in the Superbowl, I still want to have a party. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions for low points snacks, food, or dips.
Squirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #2  
Wrap dress addicted

S/C/G: 185/185/166

Height: 5'5 -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I throw a party every year!!!

This is what I'm planning for this year --

1) Veggies with three kinds of dip: FF sour cream with French onion soup mix (I crush the mix -- totally pulverize it and then mix it together); FF Greek yogurt with cucumber and wasabi (or white horseradish, tastes the same); and hummus. I'll have a whole range of veggies: baby carrots, celery, radishes (quartered), cherry tomatoes; sliced peppers, zucchini, broccoli

2) Smores parfaits. I have a set of 24 mini cordial glasses with mini tasting spoons from Pier 1 (thank you, wedding presents). So it'll be small layers of sugar-free chocolate pudding (I'm attempting to infuse it with butterscotch and/or cinnamon, but this is going poorly in my experiments) and marshmallow creme, with low-fat graham cracker crumbs between each layer. It sounds decadent, but the glasses are pretty small.

3) Veggie chili -- any recipe will do! I'll get a baguette for the others, but won't indulge.

4) Baked chips and salsa

5) Spice cake (made with angel food cake mix, crushed pineapple, and Cake Spice from Penzeys)

Last edited by NYGiantsGirl; 01-26-2011 at 08:34 PM.
NYGiantsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #3  

Thanks for the suggestions, sounds really good. I came up with a few ideas but since I can't access my online calculater and hace to wait 72 hours before they will respond to helping me, I don't know what the points will be for five of the items I want to serve.

My boss and I are the only ones participating in WW, everyone else is not worried about their weight so I wanted to make sure she and I can eat and enjoy ourselves too.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #4  
Wrap dress addicted

S/C/G: 185/185/166

Height: 5'5 -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

PM me if you want and I can calculate them on my iPod Touch.
NYGiantsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #5  

Thanks NYGiantsgirl, they got it working. I really appreciate the offer to do that for me.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #6  
WW Moderator

I got this recipe at my WW meeting. I haven't tried it, but the leader said they had it at a regional WW staff meeting, and everybody loved it. It's from a WW book, and the points have been converted to 2 PointsPlus for a 1/2 cup serving, which is pretty big! Dip zucchini sticks, carrot sticks, tomato or cucumber slices for free points, or baked tortilla chips - chip points are not included in recipe.

1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup(s) onion(s), finely chopped
3 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
14 oz canned artichoke hearts, without oil, quartered, drained and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, rinsed (or sub with chopped water chestnuts)
4 ounces FF cream cheese, softened
4 oz reduced-fat sour cream
4 Tablespoons grated parmesan
4 Tablespoons light mayo
1/3 c shredded part skim mozzarella
1/2 tsp table salt
1 spray(s) cooking spray

1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with non stick spray.

2 Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.

3 Put the artichokes and peppers (or water chestnuts) in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add cream cheese, sour cream, 3 tablespoons of the parmesan, and mayo, and pulse until blended.

4 Stir the spinach in to the onion mixture in the skillet. Then stir in the artichoke mixture, mozzarella, and salt. Spoon the mixture into the pie plate
and spread evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of parmesan.

Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with baked tortilla chips (need to count POINTS values for chips) or veggies!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote