Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2001, 07:56 PM   #1  
snerdlet

Talking Howdy Patners

Starting a new thread cuz I hate those two pagers......
Pat

Last edited by snerdlet; 04-05-2001 at 08:00 PM.

Old 04-06-2001, 07:07 AM   #2  

Default Arghh!

Good Morning All,

Well I've definitely been going the wrong way. The scale keeps going up and I have to get back in control. I never did get my motivation back after the holidays. Yes, I've done good here and there but mostly I've been off program. I also am getting that oh well attitude and as I sit here writing this post I have to admit I'm thinking"I'm too tired and I'll give it a break for awhile " I know that will throw me into a tail spin but I have to either get with it or let it go foir awhile because this on again off again is making me crazy. Right now I feel like I don't ever want to think about food again! Thanks for letting me vent. Comments are welcome and I promise I won't bite off your head.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Carla-Congrats on getting your taxes done.
Dena-Welcome back I've missed you
Welcome all the new members of our little group.
Old 04-06-2001, 09:57 AM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

Happy Friday Morning~~~~~~~

First off, I want to welcome NoClue to the group. She introduced herself on the second page of #26 (after Sharon started #27). Carla instructed her to come on over here but it might be nice if you all go back to read her intro. She sounds very nice and will be a great addition to this group. As always, anyone is welcome to join

Sharon~~~ I know how you feel. It can get discouraging when you lose that intense motivation that we had in the begining.I haven't been keeping up my journal for the past week. And I have eaten things that I know will put me over on points. But, if I don't try to stay in the WW frame of mind ( trying to make the right choices most of the time) and instead go with the " I'll give it a rest for now" theory then I know that I will be worse off in the long run. Once you tell yourself that it doesn't matter (even if it is only for a short time) it gives the mind the green light to over-indulge. And that is a very difficult place to come back from. So, I encourage you to stick with the program, trying your best as often as you can. That's what I'm doing.

It's my DH's b-day and I promised to make him this wonderful cake that has a cool-whip based frosting and blueberry-pie filling between each layer. I only make it about twice a year and I KNOW that i will have a few pieces over the weekend, although I expect him to eat most of it .(1 cake for 2 people ) I will try to make up for it this week. BUT DON'T GIVE UP

Carla~~~ I know you are here this morning. Thanks for being such a good sport and letting me tease you~LOL. As I have said many times , I love your sense of humor and I know that you would be lots of fun to be around (as you are here ).

Hello to everybody else. I'll check back in later. I need to post this before my computer cuts me off .
~~~Sil
Old 04-06-2001, 10:38 AM   #4  

Default Hi all!

Just had to come in and say "HI" to our new member.

NO CLUD.......oops I meant NO CLUE.......I laughed so hard, I almost fell off my chair. You sound just like me, only I say CLOD, 'cause that's what I feel like sometimes, a clod!!! All kidding aside, I hope you didn't mind me kidding you, WELCOME, this is a wonderfully supportive group. Congratulations on your retirement, it's the best thing going. I am into my 7th year of retirement, and how I love it. Don't know how I found time to work. We travel, do things we couldn't do otherwise, and it's wonderful You'll get the hang of the thread very soon.

Sil........a cake for 2 people??? That's one reason I never bake cakes anymore. DH and I really aren't that fond of cake, (would rather have pie anyday!), but that has almost become a too. LOL

Sharon.....stick with it kiddo, you'll find that motivation again. I was so unmotivated for so long, didn't gain, but didn't loose either. All of a sudden, I'm back with it, this is my 7th day OP. If I can do it, you can too.

Pat.......gonna ask you a personal question, if you don't want to answer, it's OK. I want to know what your user name means???? Just what is a snerd??? Putting "let" on the end, ususally means something small, but can't connect the two. Like I said, if you don't want to answer, tell me to "mind my own business" LOL

Hi to Carla, Liza, Bee, and everyone else. I just got upstairs from walking on my t/mill, 1.6 miles. Am trying to work it up to 2 miles a day, then when that happens, I'll probably fall off in disbelief!! Me???? 2 miles a day??? gonna try!!

TTFN
Old 04-06-2001, 10:42 AM   #5  

Default Happy Friday, Everybody!

Yaaahoooo, my favorite day!LOL

I've finally got my motivation back. Sharon, I know how you feel. I lost it big time for several weeks and my once comfy clothes are feeling pretty snug these days (if I can even fit into them at all). But I got my old weight watcher sheets out and decided enough was enough. I was only hurting myself anyway. And I realized when I'm not doing well, the whole place at home seems to fall apart. I don't like that feeling, so it's time to get strong again. Now that our taxes are done, there seems to be a little less stress, so it's time for me to get on the ball.

It was good for me to get to the gym again, too. Something about seeing other people working at it really helps.

Welcome, NoClue. The women in our group are fantastic!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 04-06-2001, 09:42 PM   #6  
snerdlet

Default howdy partners!!!

Friday - My favorite day too!!!

Today was a good day and a bad day.....The good part was, I went to a craft fair over my lunch hour and they had a massage person there, 15 minutes for $5.00. I never felt so good at work before. The bad - We bought a new Jeep two weekends ago and the nice dealership sent us a a big ol' tin of chocolate chip cookies as a thank you....need I say more?

Oh well....tomorrow is another day.

Sharon - I stopped doing WW for about two weeks so I could get my head on straight. The good part was it did help me get myself together...the bad part...I gained about 5 of the lbs I thought I had lost for good, and I am struggling to get rid of them. So I agree with Sil....even if you are only OP a few days a week it is still better than not being OP at all......

Ellie - I don't mind at all...When I first met my husband he took one look at my two orange tabbies and said they looked like snerds...the name stuck and we have been snerds or snerdlets every since. So if you have a cat or two take a good look at them and think snerds....

Welcome No Clue...Hope you come and visit often, we love new members here.

Hope everyone is having an OP day
Pat

Old 04-07-2001, 12:05 AM   #7  

Default Thank You for Your Welcome

You have made me feel so much more comfortable about adding replies to this group...Thanks bunches.

I was getting real philosophical about my weight gains over the years while thinking about you, Sharon, and was concerned you might take offense at my drivel, but MSN saved me again with another CRASH---grrrr. Unlimited access (as long as it is less than an hour). Phooey. Anyway, I was thinking I might not have gained so much weight in the last few years if I had stayed with the group and relied on support I could get from them when my resolution waivered and I felt torn and spinning my wheels several years ago. It's like a crisis of faith, in a way. If you keep on doing the routine things in spite of the challenges, you might get the faith back...and then, how glorious.

I am trying to get through this first weekend with the new resolutions and so far, not bad (not too good either, but...). This 3FC forum promises to be WONDERFUL. Thanks again.

Jody
Old 04-07-2001, 03:03 AM   #8  

Hi NO CLUE Im sure your clued up about many things so please dont be so negaitve about yourself.
Welcome and Im sure you have lots to share that will be of help to us, and we can help you too.I will call you JODY

SHARON I dont know about you but whenever I start to think about giving up I then get really angry and depressed cos i know that Ill NEVER be happy till i get this weight thing over with!
When I was slim before it was so wonderful not to have to be thinking about losing weight constantly.
Common now lets DO WHAT IT TAKES
A problem shared is a problem halved as they say.

gotta get the tea
Jenny
Old 04-07-2001, 05:40 PM   #9  

HAPPY SATURDAY......

Just thought I'd stop by and put my two cents in...or with inflation should I say my fifty cents worth?...lol...well
last night had dinner out with the girls, we had chinese...so I was careful...we ordered soup, and we ordered platters and all shared....enjoyed it, ate till I was comfortable, but not bursting...took self control really, so don't know how that will show up on scale, but drinking lots of water today...I'm beginning to feel like a water bed...so here's hoping that will help.

Alls well and nothing new or exciting...just wanted to say hello to all....

This week is Passover and Easter, kids will be off, and I'm sure the internet will be most difficult...so whatever holiday you celebrate may it be a happy one for all.

Carla
Old 04-07-2001, 05:55 PM   #10  

Hi ALL Thought you might enjoy this for those moments when you feel like yourve blown it .

.....Imagine you're in the kitchen and you break one of your fine china plates.
Would you think, "Oh, I broke one plate, I might as well break them all!"
Of course not; that wouldn't make sense!

Well, keep that in mind when you're following your plan. Just because you
slip up in one instance, doesn't mean you have to throw in the towel!
Old 04-07-2001, 07:54 PM   #11  

Hello, again.

I love that image of (not) breaking all the fine china. That is vivid enough that I will remember when I slip. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2001, 09:14 PM   #12  
snerdlet

Default LOL LOL LOL

Bee - that was a good one. I will have to bring that broken china image up everytime I fall off the wagon.

Pat

Old 04-08-2001, 09:20 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi guys! Just checking in to see how everybody is doing. I'm at work and as usual, it's very busy. I will have time tonight when I get home to respond to you all. I have been in need of Bee's encouragement and it is helping. Starting tomorrow I go back to journaling everyday and staying OP. That cake did not help. See ya tonight.
~~~Sil
Old 04-08-2001, 11:17 AM   #14  

What a beautiful morning! Yesterday we had wind storms (up to 70 mph). Lots of trees down and roofs blown off. Today it is warmer and the sun is shining. DH is already out working in the yard and I'll be joining him shortly.
I like the broken china visual. I just replaced a piece from my 30+ year old set. It took me years to find it. I would Never deliberately break a piece or throw out the rest. It's not so easy with dieting. Our leader use to bring in butter (for 1/4-1 lb) to show what we'd lost, or bags of potatoes for more and let us carry them around the room to demostrate how much better we feel when it was gone.
I've been trying to figure out what the points would be on a hot cross bun about the size of a small dinner roll. They are an Eastertime tradition at our house. I think they are about 5. Does anybody have any idea? Thanks for the help!
Old 04-08-2001, 05:12 PM   #15  

Default READY SET [b]GO[/b]

Ok Im here with renewed enthusiaum and rearing to go !!
I ate like pig all weekend after going off the program for a couple of days early last week and regaining the couple of OP days didnt make up for it (why is it i gain at the speed of light and lose at a snails pace ( it seems like that anyway)) So the weekend has shot me up to 162lb and it was like the feast befrore the famine yesterday as i was doing some serious thinking and its called me to take some serious action.

I realsied that really really i was thinking i was losing this weight for my husband and that if i truely thought he thought I was justas attractive the way i am or if he was bigger and fatter (hes 5ft7 and 145 lb) I wouldnt feel so bad. Well Ive come to realsie that he doesnt really care much at all, and everytime i resisted something or lost a lb he didnt do cartwheels in excitment. So i tend to get the what the heck attitude. Well I have been hit by a brick that hey I Dont want to feel overweight. Not at all. I want my slim body back for me to enjoy
I joined WW last Oct so I could be there and instead Im only 8 lb lighter.
Well I formally promise you your going to see some action!!
I am sick of my self like this, to be sure so NO more excuses. Im getting my journal out and Im tracking everything and Im going to excercise, drink my 8 glasses of water and Im Going To Lose Weight,
stuff all this "playing around with this diet and that diet ,I need to practice some tuff love on myself.
Goodness, well I hope you dont think my cheese has slipped off its cracker its just im filled with commitment and want you all to share in it.
ive hung around I think all the weight loss groups :blush: and some are too big or too small or too *****y or too slack (I went back yesterday and couldnt bring myself to join in as they just didnt seem to "fit")... we are just right dont you think Lets do business

DOXIE.. my point book has a 50g hot cross bun at 2 points. Some of our foods are pointed differently to the US though.

Now off to put log my bad report in the easter challenge
Lets see if I can make me Bee happy in my next post.
I dont want to be BEE162
Closed Thread