View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #11
Marionm
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

Am I remembering this correctly, you are back to dancing quite regularly? I am sure your added activity with better eating principles is helping you continue in your weight loss.

The bod pod was so much easier than the dunk test I did. It is just sitting in a nice dry, quiet space for about 5 min and not moving. I would do it again for sure. I am not sure of the cost or where they have them. The program I am doing had this factored in. Here is a link to the company's home page. You can click on the link on the lower right to find a location.

http://www.bodpod.com
Yes, Carla, I am dancing at least 3 nights a week, I'm doing 45-60 minutes on an elliptical on the days I don't dance and I'm working on setting up a strength training routine but I haven't started it yet. (It's my final project for my Conditioning and Training class.)

I sent an inquiry this morning to the one place listed in Iowa and I'll see what they come back with about the BOD POD testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Wow.....I could have written this....(minus being on my lifetime eating for 6 weeks and down 11 pounds...just 1 1/2 weeks and down 2 pounds) I miss the super fast weight loss, but I am so proud that I am eating so well and losing and getting some great exercise in. I get depressed when I think that it will take me 4-5 months to lose 25 pounds when it took me 4 months to lose 58, but I am so proud that IP taught me such great self control.
Trending down is a good thing. Self control is better though.

I actually began the application process for The Biggest Loser, but now I'm glad I didn't follow through with it. Doing this at home and having to make choices to not eat what the rest of my family is eating is reality for me and the it's one I'm going to deal with for the rest of my life so I might as well start now. I'm thankful we have message boards like this where we can all connect as we are struggling through our daily lives though! Even if I only manage to pop in for a few days and then disappear for awhile.

I'm taking my middle daughter out to lunch today so we can have some mommy time. I'm really looking forward to it, but for now, I need to get busy and write some papers!

Have a great day everyone!

Began IP 7/7/10 and lost 85 pounds--regained about 25. Back to finish what I started!
"If you can learn to master the moment of decision, you will master life." --Matthew Kelly
My Blog
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote