South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:23 AM   #1  
Mous

Wink SBD Daily Chat: January 26, 2011

When temptation arises take a deep breath and say no thank you. If this doesn't do it go for a glass of water, find something to do, call a friend, post and if this doesn't work eat an approved food item.
You really don't need that food bite you just want it. I know you can do it.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:50 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Marcie, I love how you're polite to your temptations! What a great idea!

Schmoodle, how did the tests go???

Rose, we so love being involved with AWANA! Tom and I are in our third year as the Sparks Directors and we've also worked in Cubbies. This year we have a Cubbie, a Sparkie, and a T&Ter! How did the meeting go?

I'm sitting here with a sweet baby on my lap. He is such a cutie pie! We're about to go clean the bathroom upstairs and dust and sweep and vacuum in the bedrooms. Sounds like fun, right?! The big kids are all at school. Wednesdays I have to get the girls to school early because Kadyn has swimming class from 8:30 - 11:30. Today she's going to count how many times she jumps in the water for me. We have ballet and the girls' martial arts class tonight. Connor's basketball practice AND Cub Scout meeting got cancelled, so it won't be as crazy a Wednesday as normal! Thank goodness!

Lukas is laughing now. It's so adorable! He was cracking up at Tom last night. You should have seen the faces Tom was making to get the baby to laugh! I should have taken pictures...

Luke really wants to get the cleaning done so we're going to head upstairs. Have a great day, all!

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-26-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:57 AM   #3  
Mous

Kara, you are so blessed. This made me grateful for laughter and smiles. Enjoy your day.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:31 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, now I need to look up "Cubbie, a Sparkie, and a T&Ter! " and get smarter. Hey! I'm old and really don't want to learn new stuff.

Kara, I know why you are up but Marcie, you puzzle me. Aren't you two hours behind me? Do you stay up late or get up ridiculously early?

I was awake before four - must have heard you two - and loafed in bed for a while trying to turn off the brain and go back to sleep. I hear you need less sleep as you get older so that could be the problem. It's not really a problem in summer but I sure do not enjoy these dark early mornings.

Gym this morning and then I am off to tow township office to get some permits for quilt raffles. I absolutely will not sell raffle tickets even for very worthy causes but will get licences and make posters and tickets to help out. When I'm stuck with tickets, I usually buy them myself and never have won a thing!

After gym today, I will shovel the snow off the tarp that's covering my woodpile and lug in some more firewood. My Prince Charmings are slacking off on filling the box for me! I really don't need to keep that back room heated but it's nice to cuddle with the dogs out there and watch TV in the evening.

Time for a decent breakfast before I tackle my day. Have a good one.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:43 AM   #5  
Mous

Up ridiculously early!

Puggles - Age 2 and 3 · Cubbies - Preschool · Sparks - Grade K to 2 · T&T - Grade 3 to 6. Has to do with Awana.

You have a busy day ahead of you so take a minute more to snuggle with your loves....your precious dogs.

My day yesterday went well. We play Pinochle and I won 50 cents!
I had salmon green beans some veggie rice pilaf and a salad with very little dressing and a roll. I brought home half of my dinner and I had a dessert for $1! So instead of my allowed treats I planned for a small dessert and loved every bite. I feel good that I didn't go overboard and thought before I ate.

Enjoy your day and know that you are worth saying NO.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:44 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, *that* is definitely how I feel in the morning! Great picture! AWANA is a program run by churches around the world - kind of a combination youth group/Bible study. The name is an acronym for "approved workmen are not ashamed" from 2 Timothy 2:15. The club is broken up into age groups (Puggles are the under-threes, Cubbies are three to five years old, Sparkies are Kindergarten to second grade, T&T (Truth and Training) is the group for 3rd to 6th grade, Trek is the group for 7th and 8th grade, and Journey is the group for high schoolers). The kids do some Scripture memorization, have a large group story time, and participate in games. We have 62 Kindergarten to second graders registered in our program and 13 leaders who come every week! It's a great program!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:07 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
More snow on the way for us supposedly...I just cannot wait for spring! Other than that, not much to report here. When I went out to dinner last night, the restaurant didn't have whole wheat pita, so I opted for an additional felafel ball instead. So I officially missed my carb yesterday but I'm letting it go. Other than that, I came to a decision regarding exercise - until I reach goal I am going to focus on walking 5x a week for at least an hour, doing 10 mins. pilates 3x per week and push ups 3x per week and leave it at that. A little later once I've lost more weight I am going to focus more on shaking it up a bit. There's only so much I can do at one time.

Hope everyone has a great day. Kara, when do you hear about Hawaii?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:26 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone. My oldest is sick....so I will be home today. I think he might have the virus we thought he had avoided last week. The funny thing is that we just said well it looks like he's not going to get it! Oh well...there's always plenty I can do here today! I did go to the WW meeting last night and bought the kit so I can start counting points along with Phase 2. Really excited about it!!! I will be back later for personals better go check in on little fella...
Old 01-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I definitely could have slept in this morning. Why is it my body wants to sleep in during the week when I can't but insists on waking up early on Sat. and Sun.?

Marcie - Great portion control yesterday! How nice to have an extra quick meal leftover.

Kara - Hope you and Lucas enjoyed your cleaning

Ruth - you mentioned summer and now I'm daydreaming about sunny mornings and gardening. Doesn't take much this time of year.
I think sleep is underrated and I personally I would like to get more.

Mathilda- How much snow are you expecting this time? I think this one is going to miss us. I'm going to follow your lead and focus in on exercise goals. I'm still way off track with those.

I'm out of here early this morning for a meeting on the other side of the state at 10. There are times when it really is true that "you can't get there from here". On the map this place isn't that far but I have to drive over the mountains and all the routes are very roundabout. Most of my day will be tied up in this one hour meeting with 5 hours of driving. At least it's a nice day with no falling snow. I think I'll bring my binoculars, just in case.

ETA - Lisa. I hope DS gets past the worst of this quickly and doesn't share with the rest of the family

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-26-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:34 AM   #10  
Mous

Be safe, Cyndi.

Litar, healing vibes or your oldest.

M Having a plan will help you. Good 4 U.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

More snow, this time perhaps 8". We're supposed to have a brief reprieve this afternoon, and I may try to make it out to the farm and just stay over since the heavier snow is coming tonight.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:42 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Marcie! Ruth will never have to start the daily ever again now that there are TWO Colorado girls who get up ridiculously early!

I thought I was sneaking out early, but the troops heard and got up with me. Everyone is back snoozing right now. I now have a monthly report for my dog rescue group so I'm getting my ducks(dogs) in a row. Now to get to the company books. I'm going to volunteer at the food pantry again then take Kirk to Denver so he can get more wood for his rolltop desk. That's my day! OP, of course!

Cyndi, looking forward to a bird report.
Ruth, careful with that firewood!
Lisa, hope your little one is feeling better soon!
Matilda, great that you have planned your exercise!
Kara, great that you're teaching Luke to clean at such an early age.
Marcie, thx for the lesson but what is AWANA??? You can tell-no kids here!
Linda, take care with the storm headed your way.

OK, must get work done if I intend to goof off like I do every day. I think this started when I worked as a waitress at a high end restaurant. My hours were 4-midnight....Judge Whopner till 2 am, slept till 9 and had a whole day to myself before heading to work. I just do it on the other end now.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:02 AM   #13  
Mous

Smile

Debbie,

From Kara:
Quote:
AWANA is a program run by churches around the world - kind of a combination youth group/Bible study. The name is an acronym for "approved workmen are not ashamed" from 2 Timothy 2:15. The club is broken up into age groups (Puggles are the under-threes, Cubbies are three to five years old, Sparkies are Kindergarten to second grade, T&T (Truth and Training) is the group for 3rd to 6th grade, Trek is the group for 7th and 8th grade, and Journey is the group for high schoolers). The kids do some Scripture memorization, have a large group story time, and participate in games. We have 62 Kindergarten to second graders registered in our program and 13 leaders who come every week! It's a great program!

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 01-26-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thx, Marcie! Obviously, I missed that!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Matilda, we should hear by Monday but the office that does assignments is in Texas, which is seven hours behind us, so I'm thinking we won't hear until Tuesday. That doesn't keep me from checking e-mail seventy thousand times a day, though!

Lisa, I'm sorry your little guy is sick. Hope he feels better soon!

Cyndi, our first weekend in California we decided to drive to the coast and our neighbor told us to go south toward San Francisco and then back up the coast. That sounded ridiculous to us because it was SO much farther on the map. HowEVer, after spending over five hours driving over the mountains directly east we decided to try the "long" way home and it only took an hour and forty-five minutes. Lesson learned!

Linda, be safe!

Debbie, sounds like you have an action-packed day! Enjoy your time with Kirk!

It's homework time here. I wonder when the nine year old will realize that the faster he gets started the faster he will be done... Right now he is sitting and staring at his paper as if it's going to complete itself.
Closed Thread