Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 08:13 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Baby Chat: Week of April 13th**

Hi Guys!

Karen, how are you feeling? Just a couple weeks left now!! Hope you are sleeping!!

Vicki, hope Kaylee is feeling better!

Peter's big first day at daycare is tomorrow...I'm happy and sad.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:59 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good MOrning!!!
Lauren--U R right about schedule..Living with a child with autistic qualities has taught us all about that!! Even Kaylee gets squirmy and fussy when it is time for a bath...We eat at 6:30 and then she gets a bath and body rub around 7pm....I then lay her in her bed and she is out by 7:30!!! I have started waking her up when I go to bed at 9pm and "topping" off the tank which gives me a few extra hours...Now that the nose and ears are better, she slept from 9pm-2am and then 2am-6:45!!!! I am like a new woman!!!!!I have never rocked her to sleep...I just put her on a pillow and she is gone!!! The Pedi approved the pillow cuz of the constant sinus drip..She chokes if not elevated..The pillow is harder than mine and thinner but it gets her head up....

Karen--I agree with Lauren..Take back the Medela bags..Gerber is the best!!!! THey freeze flat and U can have 20bags of frozen milk in a tiny bit of space!!The zip lock assures no leaking...
I did buy 4 Avent storage bottles to freeze but that was it..It is easier to put in the Gerber bags,,then DH can grab one, thaw it out quickly and put it in a playtex nurser( with a clear silicone nipple--not that brown flat one)...THe Avent holder would not hold the Gerber bags and I was not buying bags and clips!!!!

Well..the Easter egg hunt was a disaster..#2 didnt understand it and when the kids began running all over, she got confused, sat on the ground with her hands on her ears and screamed!!! We got the pictures and left...Oh well..maybe next year!!!

Karen-My pedi said NO WAY on visiting at the hospital until she was 10lbs...She wouldnt let us out of the house or around people until she was birth weight again which took 3 weeks!!!There is too much RSV and bugs there!!!!

Well..off to get coffee!!!
RR
Old 04-13-2003, 10:38 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning,

Whew, I get the idea the Medela bags suck!! The only problem is that I opened them to look at them. They didn't look great, I didn't like that twist tie thing. I just checked the receipt and the Medela bags were 16.99 for 50 , the Gerber were 6.99 for 25. I'm going to clean out the downstairs freezer today and move a bunch of stuff I have up here, down there. I don't have a bunch of space, but hopefully I can find enough room to make do.

WalMart is a trip for me so I'll have to check Target and see if they have the Gerber bags there.

Lauren: I'm feeling pretty good considering. Sometimes I can sleep at night and sometimes I can't . I've started getting nauseous in the middle of the night. I don't know what that is all about. Then I have a hard time turning over. I'm looking forward to getting this over with.

RR: Yeah, I forgot to ask our pedi that but I didn't figure she would be to thrilled with him making trips to the hospital.

Hope you guys are having a fun day.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:49 AM   #4  
LBH

Karen, I have Medela bags that I opened, only bought a small one though. I guess I'll suck it up and use them eventually! Target has the bags too, can't remember how much they were though.
Nausea could be a sign of your body getting ready!!

RR, I have started using the Gerber bags in the Avent bottle. So far, so good. As long as I make sure the zipper is below the threads on the bottle, it doesn't leak! I tried it because I want to just send that bottle and leave it there, and send frozen bags each day. Easier for me.
Sorry the Easter Egg hunt stunk...hopefully next year will be better!

We're off to see Gran in the hospital and then to run errands! Have a great day!
Old 04-14-2003, 05:35 PM   #5  

Guess what!!!

Kaylee is the Queen of roll over!!!I took all the kids for a picnic and she was on her blanket and off she rolled!!! She giggled and I had to put her back and she went again..She also "giggles" now out loud.Before it was a quiet laugh and this weekend..out it came!!!!!

Lauren-Hope Petey did good in his new enviroment today!!!
Karen--SEnding some vibes!!!
RR
Old 04-15-2003, 06:17 AM   #6  
LBH

Hey,

First day of daycare went pretty good! I was a little teary eyed when I left him, but got myself together by the time I got outside. It was actually walking away from the crib that got me. He was in such a good mood yesterday too. All smiles and laughs! She said he had a bottle around 10:00 and then started crying, like because nobody he knew was there. They tried the floor, bouncy seat, crib, carrier, nothing worked. Finally they tried the swing and he fell asleep for a couple hours!! I told them he hates his swing at home, that's why they didn't try it sooner! And it was a swing that doesn't work, just sits there too!! Go figure...

He slept from 9:15 to 5:00 this AM!! :cp He nursed and is back to sleep now. I decided to stay up and get things done. Finished loading the dishwasher, made lunch, and now getting my computer time! Geez, I'm soo stubborn I'm willing to lose sleep to get my computer time in!!

RR- Cool that Kaylee rolled over!! I can't wait til Petey does! I have started trying to get him to be happy laying on the floor. Babycenter says he should be starting to look for our voices and reach out for things, so I'm trying to lay next to him and hold things in front of him. He doesn't look at them yet though, like to grab them.

We have these circular vents in the ceiling for the A/C, and Peter always stares at them when he's in our lap on the sofa, like having a bottle or something. So DH took this little thing that is supposed to strap onto the stroller (I think) and clipped it onto the vent. It's baby Elmo, Big Bird, Ernie, and Cookie Monster. They've all got instruments. It doesn't make sound, but it's cute, and Peter's totally facinated with it. So now he lays there smiling at his "friends" on the ceiling!!

Have a great day!

Last edited by LBH; 04-15-2003 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:56 PM   #7  
LBH

Hey Girls,

I went to Rite Aid at lunch today to get some Tylenol Sinus and they had the Gerber bags on sale for $4.99!! Vicki, I don't know if you have Rite Aid down there, but if you do, check it out! I'm not sure if it's all the stores, or just mine...not sure how they work.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:52 PM   #8  

Hi guys,

OK, thought I was in labor last night but I was wrong!!

I had a real busy evening and was a little late getting to bed. I woke up at 2:30 with such pain in my lower abs and down "there". I got up and went to the BR, still hurting. Decided to go back to bed and woke up fine this morning!! UGH!! I hope every night isn't like this until he decides to get here!!

I checked on the Gerber bags at Target and they have them also for 5.99. That's a lot closer to me than BRU or WalMart. Do you guys use them in the playtex nursers?

RR: Too cool on rolling over!! She's getting to be such a big girl.

Lauren: I'm glad the first day of daycare went well. I'm not looking forward to that AT ALL!!

I have been working on the announcement list from my MIL. She has me sending out more baby announcements than she did wedding announcements!! I think she just wants to shock people that DH is actually having a child!!

Hope everyone has had as beautiful a day where they are as we are here!!
Old 04-15-2003, 05:09 PM   #9  
LBH

Karen, I basically use them as storage, but I have used them in the Avent bottle. They're supposed to work with all bottle types.

We didn't send out announcements, just threw a party to come meet him instead!! I'm soo bad at mailing things. Still have thank you notes from his party that I haven't sent out, and that was March 22nd!! Really must get it all done!!

That pain could be some progress, dialating or something!! Also, did you do a lot yesterday? On your feet a lot? Could just be payback.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:10 AM   #10  

Good Morning!!!
Karen--Hopefully it is labor progressing!!!! I use the Gerber bags in a Playtex nurser..Dh can use it easily when I am not around..
I took a digital picture and then sent in to walmart.com and had an announcement printed from there and mailed them to DH's family and friends in Michigan...

I am home today for my New Years Holiday today..Kaylee has such a bad cough..We are doing pictures for 4 months today
and just running around together...I have to work tomorrow for GOod Friday soo Kaylee will be with Dad tomorrow all day...

Lauren--Thanks for the tip on RIte Aid!! I am gonna check there today....
RR
Old 04-17-2003, 04:38 PM   #11  
LBH

Oh Karen...you haven't posted since 5:00 Tuesday night...is there something we need to know?! You can't stay away that long when you're on the verge of labor...unless you're in labor!!
Old 04-17-2003, 04:53 PM   #12  

Hi guys,

SORRY!! It was Passover yesterday and we didn't get home until late. I was pooped and we just went to bed. I don't think the baby has dropped (doesn't look like it to me) so I don't think anything much is going on. I get bladder pain when I walk around a lot. That's about it.

DH took a couple tummy pictures yesterday. Hopefully this weekend we can work on posting them. The doula is coming here for our last meeting before labor tonight. Whew. Things are getting close!!

RR: New Years Holiday? Weren't you off for New Years? Or am I just REALLY confused? Hope Kaylee is feeling better.

Lauren: Doesn't this stupid weather suck!! I had to put the heat on when I got home. UGH.

Have a great evening.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:46 AM   #13  

I enjoyed my day yesterday!!! I picked up my Easter pics and took my 4 month pics...THe lady told me I have the squirmiest baby ever!!!
SHe took a black and white pic of my hand with the wedding band showing holding Kaylee's bare feet...It looked sooo cool...I cant wait to get her new pics!!!

Karen--When U R on leave, they will not let U take holiday pay cuz U R using sick leave...That is fine with me cuz last week was Christmas, this week New Years and since I am working on Good Friday, I will take that later!!!

Say a prayer...DH is alone with Kaylee all day...He was fretting about doing outside work and having to watch her..I told him I would kick A##, if I found out he mowed grass with her in the carrier around his waist...He doesnt like to be idle..Must always be doing something!!!

Off to work!!!!
RR
Old 04-18-2003, 12:10 PM   #14  
LBH

Hey,

RR- What a visual of DH!! I guess he could wait til she naps and strap a monitor around his neck to hear her?! Tell him to clean the house if he wants to do something!!

Karen- Well, I'm glad you didn't have the baby yet!! Yeah, I had to turn the heat on this AM...shoulda done it last night, but forgot. Can't wait to turn it off again!
Old 04-18-2003, 01:44 PM   #15  
LBH

Peter's Easter Pic:
We did this one at home, this AM actually!! Have to p/u the Wal-Mart pics tonight.
Closed Thread