Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 01:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Here is a link back to yesterday's conversation:

daily chat Jan. 24, 2011
Old 01-25-2011, 07:57 AM   #2  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Well, I am very disappointed today. I am still stuck at 155. My TOM is getting closer , I don't know if that's what it is. I just don't want to get stuck. Oh well, I guess I have to wait for my WI#4 and see if I have lost some inches. I want to keep loosing weight!!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Well I have WI # 3 tonight. Although I have not been getting on the scale too much at my home anymore I did get on last night and have dropped 5 lbs! Hopefully my official WI is just as good! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Thank you Pegsi and I'm svelting for your adviced last night. I'm very happy with my weight at this point. My coach is just concerned about the weight gain on phase 4. She says I'm at the higher end in weight for my height and age so I shouldn't go up or my BMI will not be normal. To me it's a bit silly, so I'm taking your advice. I will finish Phase 2 this week and move on to Phase 3 regardless. I believe the reason for my cheat yesterday was due to poor sleep all weekend and frustration. I have this feeling that having the big breakfast will help ease afternoon cravings.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Ok I'm sure this is a new one for everyone...Yesterday I went and bought some pants..I was wearing 18-20 pants and 38-40 jeans now....
I got two size 12...I broke down and cried in the dressing room...I haven't been a size 12 in 20 years...but it was like I was sad...and scared...
I should've come out of the dressing room singing..
But its like I was scared when I put those size 12 pants on...
I've been very successful and am doing what I need and doing it all right
and I hit this wall of oh my goodness..and I just want to cry again...
Help!!! Its like I'm afraid of failure..but I'm not failing...

I weigh in tomorrow..so I'll talk to the ladies..but I need your help people who are going thru this program like me...
Old 01-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Well, I have discovered my exact sensitivity. I have stuck strong for 3 weeks now, and was at 152.8
Yesterday, my friend gave me a "bite" of her cookie, I had a "bite" of Ethan's timbit, and then lost all control and ate an extra restricted last night, and didn't do my regular exercise.
Besides that, and a busy day that I forgot my noon veggies, my weight this morning was 154.1
It's ok, I know its just water weight. You don't gain 2 pounds of fat over night, but it was just neat to see, the relatively small variance in my day and the reaction I had.
My GF that I have been doing this diet with, just went away to Mexico for 2 weeks, ate whatever she wanted, and drank a tremendous amount of alcohol and only gained 4 pounds! Her tolerance is better! LOL! If I had done this, I'm sure it would have been 10! HA HAH A HA!
Hope everyone has a great day! Today, will be a strict Phase 1 for me, then back to Phase 2 tomorrow, as I am travelling.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #7  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88
Have you checked your Blood Pressure? It could be a little lower than you are used to. I had dizziness for a long time, and the doc who is the head of the program suggested this.
In my case my BP was going down, and now I am being weaned off medication. Can't wait to see if I can get off it altogether!

Thanks Crystal - I think it may be my blood pressure meds. I was doing more research on the web and I think it may need to be adjusted. I got a little scared today I was at a store and bent down to see something and then got up and almost fell over the dizziness was the worst I had so I said ok enough calling the doctor. I have an appt on Friday to discuss what is going on.

I bet you are right in regards to the low pressure and meds. I am on a high dosage right now and I guess the 20lb loss is throwing the meds off.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Beachbella!!!

Just an FYI. I was also on blood pressure medicine. My doctor cut the dose in half and I took that for a week and then he took me off completely. I bought a blood pressure kit so that I can keep track of it myself and update him as needed. If you don't have one, you should invest in one. I bought mine at Sams Club for $60. Well worth the investment. When I started tracking it, it was 104-106/73-75, that's when he took me off completely.

Good morning to everyone!!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #8  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Ok I'm sure this is a new one for everyone...Yesterday I went and bought some pants..I was wearing 18-20 pants and 38-40 jeans now....
I got two size 12...I broke down and cried in the dressing room...I haven't been a size 12 in 20 years...but it was like I was sad...and scared...

I weigh in tomorrow..so I'll talk to the ladies..but I need your help people who are going thru this program like me...
Like you, I'm afraid the weight will come back. I'm hesitant to get rid of my "fat clothes". I put on a size 10 this past weekend and that really gave me the mental boost I needed!!! But, I've also discovered that when I've cheated, I was able to get myself back on track. I couldn't have done that before IP. I have my WI today and I'm a little nervous. Now I'm not telling anyone to cheat, because the way my stomach and body reacted, it wasn't worth it!!!!

You're doing awesome!!!!! Keep up the good work. You will not fail!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #9  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

It's a big adjustment as quickly as we go through sizes. And for all those sizes changing outside, there are changes happening inside and they can be an even bigger adjustment. I phased off because I was losing so quickly I couldn't keep up with the the changes I was seeing. I know for me, there was a huge fear that I'd some how mess it up and gain the weight back and of course, it was mixed with joy that something had finally worked. I remember gently arguing with the salesclerk when she told me she thought I needed a smaller size! LOL

I'm faced with an interesting dilemma myself because I phased off back in December and have been eating pretty much the way I expect I will for the rest of my life which means no grains, no potatoes, and no added sugars. I had convinced myself to go back on plan with my friend who is coming home tomorrow, but now I'm really starting to wonder about that because I've lost 1.6 pounds in the last week--just eating 'normal' for me. Since I phased off, I've lost 11 pounds which isn't bad for 6 weeks of weight loss.

Most of what I've been reading about my plan for life for eating says that your weight will stabilize where it needs to be if you keep eating right which leaves me wondering, do I really want to put my body through the stress of going back into ketosis again? There's a part of me that would like some faster results again, but will I even get them. My average on IP was 3 pounds a week and it looks like I'm just under 2 pounds a week now. Any thoughts?

I suppose I should add this caveat so people understand where I'm coming from... I knew how I needed to be eating to be healthy before I started IP. I used IP as a tool for behavior modification. Five months of eating very disciplined with no cheating went a long ways toward changing my habits and I don't want to go back to where I was. I don't envision eating sugary desserts, pastas or a Taco Bell anymore. I don't like how I feel when I did that. IP gave me a tool to break bad habits---and great weight loss was a huge benefit.

So what do you think? Keep doing what I'm doing or go back on plan?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #10  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I hope everyone had wonderful weekend and ready to start a new week.

I wanted to ask a question to the group and it is probably answered somewhere on here, but thought I would get some fresh opinions.

Is there a protein drink powder equivalent to the IP products available elsewhere?

Can the 3 main suppliments from IP be purchased under a common brand elsewhere?

Anyone found these items?
There is a great thread about alternative products in the stickies that does a compare and contrast about the different products. Mom just bought some from Lindora (I think it's that one) because doc was out of the chocolate drink and that is dad's favorite. It was about half the price for 7 packets. They've also found 2 of the 3 supplements in Wichita for half the price as what you pay at your doctor's office. They checked the labels to make sure they matched 100%. If you are looking for alternatives, talk to mom about it as she's got more information. Hope this helps!

Jess
Old 01-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #11  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
There is a great thread about alternative products in the stickies that does a compare and contrast about the different products. Mom just bought some from Lindora (I think it's that one) because doc was out of the chocolate drink and that is dad's favorite. It was about half the price for 7 packets. They've also found 2 of the 3 supplements in Wichita for half the price as what you pay at your doctor's office. They checked the labels to make sure they matched 100%. If you are looking for alternatives, talk to mom about it as she's got more information. Hope this helps!

Jess
Thanks. I will give a shout to your mom. Was just looking for ways to cut the cost down a bit. Hope you are doing well. I have also started going through the Sticky thread about this, there is just so much information in there.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone!
Thank you Pegsi and I'm svelting for your adviced last night. I'm very happy with my weight at this point. My coach is just concerned about the weight gain on phase 4. She says I'm at the higher end in weight for my height and age so I shouldn't go up or my BMI will not be normal. To me it's a bit silly, so I'm taking your advice. I will finish Phase 2 this week and move on to Phase 3 regardless. I believe the reason for my cheat yesterday was due to poor sleep all weekend and frustration. I have this feeling that having the big breakfast will help ease afternoon cravings.
Coqui, I was just at my doctor's last week and asked how important being within your healthy BMI range was. I asked because I'm still not quite sure where I want to end up. My goal is 160, but for healthy BMI I should be around 145, and I can't quite imagine that! Anyhow, he told me that the BMI range is just ONE measure. He said we will watch where my sugar and cholesteral levels are, and blood pressure. Very important, how I feel once I get to 160. Then I'll decide if more needs to come off.
All I'm saying is don't let the BMI range (or your coach) dictate what you do.

Quote:

Sometimes being an emotional female really sucks doesn't it? That fear of failure lurking can be terrible. But just take a quiet moment to reflect on everything you've accomplished. Picture yourself in the future at your goal weight wearing all the smaller clothes, feeling happy and healthy. I'm a big believer in visualization - it works! Put those size 12s on and go out and get some compliments! That'll make you feel better I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
It's a big adjustment as quickly as we go through sizes. And for all those sizes changing outside, there are changes happening inside and they can be an even bigger adjustment. I phased off because I was losing so quickly I couldn't keep up with the the changes I was seeing. I know for me, there was a huge fear that I'd some how mess it up and gain the weight back and of course, it was mixed with joy that something had finally worked. I remember gently arguing with the salesclerk when she told me she thought I needed a smaller size! LOL

I'm faced with an interesting dilemma myself because I phased off back in December and have been eating pretty much the way I expect I will for the rest of my life which means no grains, no potatoes, and no added sugars. I had convinced myself to go back on plan with my friend who is coming home tomorrow, but now I'm really starting to wonder about that because I've lost 1.6 pounds in the last week--just eating 'normal' for me. Since I phased off, I've lost 11 pounds which isn't bad for 6 weeks of weight loss.

Most of what I've been reading about my plan for life for eating says that your weight will stabilize where it needs to be if you keep eating right which leaves me wondering, do I really want to put my body through the stress of going back into ketosis again? There's a part of me that would like some faster results again, but will I even get them. My average on IP was 3 pounds a week and it looks like I'm just under 2 pounds a week now. Any thoughts?

I suppose I should add this caveat so people understand where I'm coming from... I knew how I needed to be eating to be healthy before I started IP. I used IP as a tool for behavior modification. Five months of eating very disciplined with no cheating went a long ways toward changing my habits and I don't want to go back to where I was. I don't envision eating sugary desserts, pastas or a Taco Bell anymore. I don't like how I feel when I did that. IP gave me a tool to break bad habits---and great weight loss was a huge benefit.

So what do you think? Keep doing what I'm doing or go back on plan?
Marion, you've done so well. I was just looking at your progress pics again and you look fabulous! In my humble opinion this is a personal journey and different for everyone. If you've been able to lose 1.6 lbs a week while off IP, I think that is fabulous!!! The beauty of it is that if you find yourself stalling, or reverting back to old habits (heaven forbid) you can always come back. And this site will be here to support you. Good luck on your decision.

I have my WI tonight after work. According to my scale I'm only down about 1.5 lbs this week, but that's because I fell off the wagon a bit last Friday night. I also haven't been on my treadmill for a week or so because my good ol' arthritic hip has been acting up again (weather related I think). But, I've been on protocol since Friday and was on my treadmill this morning, so back on track towards my Mexico goal.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

I think I`ve saw some posts about this before...but I`ll ask again! How long does it take before you`re not cold all the time?! I am freezing most of the time. Will I be cold as long as I am doing the diet or will my body adjust??
Also, what is soya sauce and where can you buy it? Thanks!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #14  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I think I`ve saw some posts about this before...but I`ll ask again! How long does it take before you`re not cold all the time?! I am freezing most of the time. Will I be cold as long as I am doing the diet or will my body adjust??
Also, what is soya sauce and where can you buy it? Thanks!
As far as the freezing... I think it's like forever! Sorry that's not better news. I've gotten a little better with more fat in my diet, but I am cold much more now that I ever was.

And soya sauce is just Japanese for soy sauce that has become more trendy to use but sometimes that description is used to indicate a more pure soy without wheat added to it. But don't assume that because it says soya that it doesn't have wheat or even sugar added. Tamari is another version that more often than not does not have wheat in it. That being said, if you are used to kikoman's soy sauce these others may seem stronger tasting so use sparingly. (Can you tell I lived in Japan? )
Old 01-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Kaarin thanks for your comment. I also think that BMI is just one measure and according to many health experts it's not the best one to determine if you are overweight. They argue that body fat % is more accurate. If I go by that number I'm in the normal range.

Marionm posted earlier today some interesting points about keeping the weight off. While my coach is concerned that I will gain weight, I'm not.I know it's not going to be all the pounds I lost. I am confident that I have the tools to maintain a healthy weight when I phase out. That is why I made the decision to go on phase 3 next week. Besides I am increasing my workout routine, to tone up. I need that breakfast in the morning.
Closed Thread