General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #1  

Question Can someone help me with my diet?

I was usually eating 1,200 calories a week when i recently decided to count calories, but my weightloss has slowed dramtically and I have decided to up my calories to 1,600 which is around what the Spark people calculator reccomended. I used to be 350 and am currently 290 and would like to lose 90 pounds within 16 months.
I am currently going to start my ChaLean extreme workout phases which is weight lifting (which are the burn circuits, whcih I will be doing in the morning) with 2 days of cardio, and adding my own cardio in the afternoon

I am new to this site so hopefully I put this in the right area. Also, I would love to know other peoples opinions on the calories, I want to lost 90 pounds in 16 months and I am wondering if it is going to be too many calories/ not enough to sustain or put myself in starvation mode which I think has happened with the 1,200 calories. Any other advice is welcome!

So the workouts are about 1 hour and 30 mins everyday, with one day only being 1 hour and 2 rests days a week

These workouts are not new to me and I can do these without any problem, I just want to make sure that I do this right so they wait comes off since it has slowed down, and I recently just got out of a plateau and I dont want to hit another if I am doing something wrong

M: Burn circuit (30 min-morning)//50 min elliptcal(evening)
T: Rest (morning)// 60 min treadmill (evening)
W: Burn circuit (30 min- morning) // 50 min elliptical (evening)
T: Burn intervals (Cardio-45 min morning) & abs 15 min- 30 min bike or stair stepper (evening)
F: Burin circuit (30 min morning) // 50 min tread (Afternoon)
Sat: Burn it off (Cardio 30 min) - & stretching 20 mins- afternoon / rest
Sun: Rest day

Last edited by dailykitten; 01-23-2011 at 07:06 PM.
dailykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I believe that 1200 calories is way too low. 1600 is better but if I were you, I'd try for 1800 or 2000 calories, given all the working out you're going to be doing. As you lose weight, you'll be able to drop the calories but at this point, you need more, in my opinion. I wish you all the best.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

What works for everyone seems to be a matter of trial and error. But I started calorie counting at 285 or so, ate 2000 calories/day and lost 100 pounds in 55 weeks. I dropped the calories some as I went and after a couple of months started exercising regularly.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote