Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 10:11 AM   #1  

Angry #188 Here comes Peter Cottontail...

Just thought that I would start a new thread and ask everyone what they are planning for Easter. Is it a big family event with eggs and candy everywhere, or something smaller?

For my family, Easter was always a big event. (Especially when it fell on Greek Easter - my uncle is from Crete) But now that we are so far away from my family, it will probably just be a small event. We plan on having an Easter egg hunt for our boys and of course the Easter bunny will make a stop by the house. But I've requested not so much candy this year, and maybe just a movie and toy for each boy. I have asked some friends in the area who are kidless and have no close relatives if they would like to join us for brunch. We'll see if anyone takes us up on that.

Here's to hoping that everyone can resist all of those yummy Easter treats.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:52 AM   #2  
Jo
Catatonic

Default Nothing really big here . . .

We're all (my parents, older brother & his family, myself, and younger brother) going to go to church together and then have lunch at my younger brother's house. We're all bringing something, so no one has to cook the whole meal. I'm supposed to bring rolls and dessert . . . I've been looking through all my "healthy" cookbooks to find recipes that are low-fat, low-sugar without tasting like they are I don't have kids, so I don't have to worry about candy. It's a good thing, too, since chocolate is one of my (many) weaknesses.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:30 AM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I don't celebrate Easter. But I LOVE all the pagan symbolism with the eggs and bunnies. I'm off for a week (next week) with Passover so, I plan on enjoying every second of it.

I keep having dreams about going to the gym. I think it's a hint that I've been skipping too much
Old 04-14-2003, 12:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

We(meaning the kids and myself) are going to my best friend's place for the whole weekend. So both our kids will get lots of play time together and my friend and I will have lots of talk time together and shopping time in there too...WOOHOO

Can't wait...we've had this planned since around Feb/March.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:13 PM   #5  

The kids and I will be spending about half of the day at church (DH is on the road) and then coming home for an Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Baskets. My family is all back in California, and most of my husbands family doesn't speak to us, so it makes me sad not to have family to spend the holidays with, but with 6 kids around it's still a house full for any holiday.

I'm a little worried about Easter. So far I haven't been having any trouble at all resisting the treats around me, but I'm worried about all of the wonderful Easter treats and Cadbury Eggs !!

I did get into my size 18's for the first time yesterday so hopefully that will keep me motivated. I still can't wear them out in public, but at least they went on!
Old 04-14-2003, 01:19 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My mom is making ham. I hate ham, so I am bringing my own piece of chicken to grill. We are having a green salad & baked sweet potatoes & fruit for dessert.

Have you guys seen the commercial for Toys R Us? Bunny rabbits singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" in chipmunk voices. I nearly died laughing.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:20 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

On Saturday, we are going to a HUGE Easter egg hunt that my boss has. Sunday, the Easter bunny will drop off a basket (Thomas the train stuff - I'm thinking) We will go to Church, then to my MIL's and then to my mom's. Usually we don't don anything with the MIL, but she is having something this year, so it will be crazy.

My boss just sent out an e-mail that we now have Good Friday off!! Wooo Hooo! Very excited!!!
Old 04-14-2003, 05:48 PM   #8  

My family hasn't ever gotten together for Easter. I always forget that other families do. My friends start talking about relatives coming into town and I think, "That's weird. all my friends have parents coming into town this weekend." Then I figure it out.

We are kidless (the last kidless Easter!) so we will probably just eat out with friends or by ourselves after church.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:17 PM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Well, the kids are getting a little old for Easter egg hunting (they're almost 14 and almost 16), so we'll probably just have baskets for them. I know I'll probably make ham, green beans, and scalloped potatoes for dinner, since that's an Easter tradition in my family from way back.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

You're never too old for Easter egg hunting! Last year was the first year we didn't have one because all my kids were out of town--they are 31, 24, and 19. Adult Easter egg hunting is the best because you can hide them in really great places.

When my kids were little, we used to have two Easter egg hunts. We'd hide them for the kids, and my parents would hide them for the adults. It was great fun, although we had a heck of a lot of hard boiled eggs around!
Old 04-14-2003, 07:40 PM   #11  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

looks like we are going to my MIL's for easter.. not sure how I feel about that yet. But I know Sara will have a blast. We will have some sort of egg hunt - Sara will get a kick out of that.

I start work on Monday - getting really excited about that.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:07 PM   #12  
Catwoman

Default Easter

Easter was never a really big thing in our family, just a religous thing for my Dad. I've never been on a easter egg hunt and was only ever allowed one egg at easter time. When my baby is old enough I will certianly do them for him as they sound like alot of fun for the kids. My dh and I just usually buy an egg each to celebrate the day. I save up my chocolate eating for occasions such as these as I don't really have a sweet tooth at all. So it's going to be low a key affair here that's for sure.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:36 PM   #13  
Losing Again!

After the morning marathon at church , I'm heading to my dad's and we're going to the Zoo. We've got a great zoo in Omaha! They have a new exhibit about nocturnal animals. No big meal this year.

Sandi--Jacob is into Thomas I take it...the two little boys that I watch love Thomas. We went to a Day Out with Thomas last year, it's a fun day if he's ever close to you! Max is always telling me he "needs" this or that from the yearbook. Today it was the Roundhouse. But they're so cute about it.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:21 PM   #14  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I found out yesterday that I am going to be on the road over Easter. UGH!

I'm going to be in Tennessee. Anyway, tonight is my last night in Alabama (I did manage to make it down to Panama City Florida this weekend and get some good beach time!). It will be good to at least have a few days at home before I am back on the road this Sunday.

BTW, just for fun, I bought a pair of size 44 pants. They are the largest size that I can get at the "regular" stores (I was at the mall in FL). With a little straining, I managed to get them buttoned up (but they are no way close to be able to wear them out in public yet). Hopefully soon!
Old 04-14-2003, 10:43 PM   #15  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Okay, all....I joined WW Online about five minutes ago. I figured that I have to do SOMETHING! I just can't seem to keep my fat (__Y__) motivated for more than about 30 seconds, it seems, so I thought that shelling out $60 might make me feel a little MORE motivated.

My 10% goal is 210. I will be there by my birthday - June 14.
Closed Thread