Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 06:58 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #316

God Bless America!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins and Way to Go !!
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 04-13-2003, 07:08 PM   #2  

WOW ... I didn't think we would ever get to 30 posts on that last thread. I promised myself I was going to until the next thread.

And now... here I am .... the FIRST poster AGAIN. LOL
You guys had your chance... I have been gone all afternoon.

Darn... I forgot to take notes. Well... I too am very happy for the 7 prisoners that have been released. They were just walking down a street. I am confused about if they were the original or 5 of the original. I will watch the news to figure out who is who. My heart goes out to the 2 other families who knew their sons were POWs and not MIAs and they still have not been found. (to my knowledge) It does give hope for some of the other MIAs since two of the seven were MIAs and not POWs. (I think )Whew... that is almost a tongue twister. LOL

Hearing you talk about your cats is sure making me miss mine.
I am a "former" cat hater. But once I got one of my own... I became a TRUE cat lover now.

Lucky... keep us informed about the fire. Do you live out in the country? I have my fingers crossed for you.

I don't remember the rest of the posts. Just know that I appreciate each and everyone of you here. And count your blessings that I did not post as much as I wanted to in that last thread. I was on a roll. I still have stuff I wrote that I "saved". !!!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-13-2003 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:12 PM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Default My message is on last post

Hi Gals -

Looks like 2cute and I were working at the same time. I just posted a long message on the last thread at the same time the new thread was started....

See you later!
Barb

Old 04-13-2003, 09:47 PM   #4  

Default Exhausted

and it is still burning, traffic is a zoo. We usually get 5 cars a day and yesterday and today it has been 5 every minute.

They are using planes and helicoptors to drop water now. It is about 3/4 of a mile away with dry grass inbetween. The wind has died down.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:54 PM   #5  

Whew! I finally made it. I missed a couple days and boy, I missed a couple threads!! Now I will play catch up. The kids were home Thurs. and Fri. (report cards) so I didn't get to the puter at all.

I have to tell you guys my Saturday night story. My daughter called our local radio station and won concert tickets to see 5 bands, rock/punk/ pop. And my cousin was supposed to take her and she ended up breaking her leg on her way out the door to come here, so at the last minute I ended up taking her. OK first of all I don't like public events. I am not a people person, let alone teenagers. Well I did it. I even drove in the city (Portland) which is huge and I get lost in easy. Well I drove straight to it, and went into the concert and enjoyed all 5 hours of it! And I have to tell you my daughter is such a strong girl, she goes to a concert with her mom and made me feel as comfortable as possible and made friends and get this--- she even got onstage with one of the bands. She is so courageous. I love it, she makes me very proud. Yes this is the same one a week ago that gave me 10 more gray hairs. Her strength is good when she uses it properly. Not on me! But it was a big step for me, so I had to share.

2cute- I understand what your saying about chihuahua's they can be nasty little dogs to people who don't know them. But to there owners they are very loyal. Sometimes too much. And I too am a garage sale junky. I love those "hot deals".

Lucky- I am praying for you and I hope all is well!!

Kat- I think your prayer for rain worked but it came here instead !I'm talking monsoon!!

Baylee-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Lori-Wow to go on the modeling! You have more guts than I!

And let's thank GOD for the pow's coming home! Amen!
Old 04-13-2003, 10:26 PM   #6  

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

THE POWs ARE RESCUED AND ALIVE!

OK, I went off the track today and really did a pig-out. I had the crazies for an Italian sub and ordered half of one from the pizza joint down the street. It's the first time I've ordered anything from there in ages, so maybe that being a 'pig-out' doesn't count--and I didn't even finish the fries

The good thing is, I haven't been hungry since, and I am getting back on track tomorrow. OH! I almost forgot--I actually lost two inches off my hips! WoOoOoHoOoO!!!
Old 04-13-2003, 10:47 PM   #7  

Okay... I watched the one hour special on the POWs and I have it all straight now. It was the original 7. I get soooo frustrated with the press. They do an excellent job on one hand... and then misreport in a hurry to be "first" on the other.
But the end result is all 7 are HOME.. or soon to be.

Barb... welcome back from your trip. Glad you had a good time.

Baylee... you only have a few more hours until you are just one of us again and not the "special" Birthday Girl anymore.
Here is one last HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

Lucky... you truly are lucky that the fire has lasted this long and you are still safe and sound. We are still praying for you.

Deon... welcome back to you too. Oh my.... you are now our "official concert GROUPIE !!!" I hope you just enjoyed the music and didn't join into any other "bad ways" LOL
I think it is GREAT that you got to share this with your daughter.

Lori.... two inches !!!! Congratulations !!!!!
Sometimes those "treats" work out fine... sometime they are like playing Russian Roulette.
I am glad you are able to get right back on your program. WE certainly have to find a solution that we can live with longggggg term.

Okay. I am out of here ... hopefully for the night.
I did not make it to bed until 7:30am and up at 9:45am so SURELY I will be able to sleep tonight. Although, I am not the least bit tired.. nor have I been all day.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-13-2003 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:26 AM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Quick post got up running.
Thank God the POWS are found
Haven't gone to see Mother yet, someone asked
Pigged out yesterday, oh well today is another day.
Catch all of you later
Old 04-14-2003, 09:12 AM   #9  
**No Excuses**

Thumbs down Good Morning Everyone

I was reading the posts and 2cute give me an idea, I grabbed my pen and paper and took notes so I could respond to everyone. Since I'm so new here I'm still haveing trouble with names. Anyway, I'm going to give it a shot, lol.

Lucky-I will be praying for you and those in your area. I am lucky I've never had to deal with anything so terrifying. Hang in there hon.

Deon- WoW Seems like you had a awesome time. Maybe your daughts courage is rubbing off on you? I am thrilled you had a wonderful time.

Lori- you go girlfriend! Congrads on those inches!

Ok now for me. I feel pretty good right now. I'm home till around 4pm est, then I go into work. I dont have a day off till Thrusday. And that is my WW day so I have to wait till I WI. I'd really like to go and get it over with. Its TOM so I know I've packed on the pounds. LoL.

I hope everyone is doing good. Hang in there ladies, we can do this.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:50 AM   #10  
a work in progress...

Red face sssshhhhhhh...2cute is sleeping!

What's up?

Beautiful weather today...going up to 65, so they say. I will get out there today. As soon as I'm done here, I'm going to exercise, then... I don't know. I'm very wishy washy lately. I know what I want to do, but I overthink everything and end up getting nothing done. For example, yesterday i really wanted to get some yardwork done...But i saw my "chatty neighbor" out there. I knew I would get snagged by him, and have to listen to him ramble on and on and then his wife would come out with pictures of the grandchildren and she would ramble on and on. I don't want to be rude, so I listen. They're nice people, but they are retired for so long that I think they forget that everyone else in the world doesn't have unlimited hours to spending BSing the day away.

Gawd, that sounds really mean...I almost deleted it but it's how I feel.

I swore today would be another fresh start...so far, my "breakfast" has consisted of 3 cups of coffee (black, no sugar) and the shavings off the edge of last night's lasagne. Probably no more than a half an actual serving, but I get that sinking feeling that "I've blown today." I know that I haven't really and that I will get back on track by just counting that as my breakfast and moving on. Self sabotage. Stinkin' thinkin'. Need to work on that. Once I exercise I will feel better...I'm pretty sure.

I wanted to reply to everyone, but I know that will keep me here another hour at least. I'll try to get back to that later.

Boy this was a depressing post. I'll come back in a better frame of mind.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:53 AM   #11  

HEY !!! Who woke me up !!!!!
I was laying in bed sound asleep and all I could hear is Shhhhh

Okay I made a dozen typing errors in that one statement and 4 so far in this sentence...change that to 8. I am not going to try to type yet this morning. Just about every other word I have to go back and fix. Gezzzz

I am FINALLY going to mail in my taxes today.
We had to PAY Big Time this year. All of my kids had to pay too. Grrrrr

Then I am going to hop into the car and head out to Missouri for a couple of days. I haven't seeen my parents in over a week now. I was grateful for the break. I really "needed" a break from them.

Okay... sit down and stop your celebrating.
To quote a famous Arnold I know....(in my deep Arnold voice) "I'll be back "

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-14-2003 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:54 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone! I feel pretty good today. I am real tired do I am going to take my morning nap, but I just wanted to get on here to make sure I get that e-mail.

How is lucky? Has anyone heard. I sure hope everything is good. You are in my prayers, Lucky.

Kat- Don't let that little thing get to ya and ruin your day. Just call it a slow start and then go on. It sounds like you really want to do it so don't give it up. So you had a wierd breakfast, have a great lunch then you will feel better. Good luck.

Well I am off for now, I will return later this afternoon.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:23 PM   #13  

Okay, I did it to myself again. I knew a new thread had been started because I came and read the first 2 posts yesterday, and I forgot to post something to get my e-mail notifications......(gosh am I blonde or what!!! )

But.................HERE I AM............DID YOU MISS ME????

LUCKY: I hope this reply finds you safe and well away from danger. Hope the winds continue the other way and the poor firemen get the fire out!!!

DEON: Glad you had a good time at the concert. Just think what a memory you made for your daughter....I'm always trying to think that way....making wonderful memories for my kids. I have a few from my childhood, and some I would like to forget but don't we all!! So I try to make my kids memories nice ones for when they are older .

KAT: Lasagna for breakfast is no worse than my pizza sometimes. You just gotta switch the meals around for the day. So you had a supper meal for breakfast, have a breakfast for supper or lunch problem solved. I think so long as it all adds up at the end of the day you are safe. I did not think your post was depressing, just glad to see you post!!! I'm the post aholic remember!!! Keep me going please.....

2CUTE: Sorry the girls woke you up!!!! It wasn't me as you can plainly see I was not on the boards yet !!! Now that I've completely laid the blame I hope you have a safe trip to visit the parents.

ARADIA: I think 2cute knows all the tricks here on the boards. If you have a question just ask her, she is a great help!!!

BAYLEE: Birthday day is over, your back to one of us, so please continue to post!!! By the way how is your little one? Is he better and running all around again? How is school and how is that wonderful job?

MARY: I'm so glad about your brother. I hope all is going well for him now. Now is the time for healing for him. I think seeing his son as much as possible will help. And him seeing your mom for the first time in, forever, did you say? Thats great too!!! Glad your family is getting back to normal and laying less stress on you.

LORI: We all have our days, so I am learning. I have been really good for so long but when I have to stop and think, there are a few times I have come to the girls and complained thinking I had blown it. Like the other day with the choc chips!!! I'm trying not to get on the scales so much right now, because my body just keeps fluctuating so much and I really get upset about the numbers. Yup thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

BARB: Glad you had a wonderful weekend away. Sorry the salesman was such a jerk in the end. Boy they sure like to make a sale and I guess thats what it's all about, but the pressure tactics suck that they tend to use. Wow they made you sit for a 3 hour presentation. Anyway, good job on your choices and congrats to hubby and the black jack table

Well now, I think I got everyone that has posted on this thread!!! Where are the rest of the chickees hiding? The weather is getting warmer, I know your venturing out of the chicken coop more, but please remember all of us chicks that have to sit in a coop all day to work

Hugs to all,
Old 04-14-2003, 01:30 PM   #14  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello All,

I know , I know I have been gone a long time, still keep up with a couple of you though...and think so often of others I have met in this super forum!

GOD BLESS AMERICA and praise him for the release of the POW's this past week end, may the families of those others whose whereabouts and welfare is unknown find out good news soon too...or at the very least what has happened to their loved ones! How dreadful war is.....I definitely support the troops and thier families...but war for whatever reason is disturbing....however necessary at times....

I have lost some weight since I have been here in the forum, am just under the 300 mark again...but such a long way to go...

Such wonderful and encouraging posts I have been reading ...hopefully I will be more of a regular when my life gets more organized...still too many stresses that are making me want to eat more than I should....I have been trying to seek better behaviors: ie: When I feel the urge to binge, I go outdoors, or call a friend....it has been helpful. Just have to break the habbit that has been part of a life long pattern.....

Anyway, know that I care and am supporting each and everyone of you in your struggle to get healthy and stay OP.....

Love to All
Old 04-14-2003, 01:31 PM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies -
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. It is a beautiful day here - I just wish I was outside enjoying it. Maybe I'll take the dogs for a long walk tonight - I love having more daylight in the evening.

I just finished a yummy lunch of grilled chicken and a salad. I like salads, but have a hard time with the dressings (because I love the high-fat ones) and would love your suggestions. I don't like any of the Fat-free dressings. I usually use the Light Done Right ones and they are good, but I'd probably be better off with oil and vinegar or lemon. I have never done that and am not sure of the ratios to mix. Can anyone give me healthy salad dressing suggestions?

While I am asking for advice, I am also looking for a good website that gives information on recommended daily intake of calories, fat grams, carbs, etc. I keep a log of everything I eat, and typically stay around 1600 calories a day, but I am not sure what is a good range for the other things to keep a good balance. Any suggested resources?

Kat - don't beat yourself up about this morning. Take it one meal at a time! I'm sure the exercise will help. I find it amazing how much better I feel after I exercise --- I just have a hard time getting myself motivated, but I do it and then feel good about it.

Well, I need to get back to work. I'm sure I'll be back later.

Barb
Closed Thread