South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 03:38 AM   #1  
Mous

Smile South Beach Diet Daily Chat for January 21

Try

Today is going to be a great day
Filled with success and determination

You don't have to climb mountains
Or swim the English Channel

All you have to do is set a small goal
And see it through to the end

It could be as simple as eating less
Or walking farther than before

Once attained you feel so good
On top of the world as they say

Do this for yourself today
And feel the wonder of it all
Old 01-21-2011, 03:56 AM   #2  
Mous

Good Morning,

Brr, it is cold out. More snow is on the way.

You are all doing so great helping the newbies and giving such sage advice. Thank you for sharing for all of us so we can learn and to do better.

I have had a lot of interesting thoughts run through my head. I don't need to eat that, I am taking charge, I feel so much better, food can be an enemy as well as a friend, try new things, change habits, reach for a goal, and so many MORE.

South Beach may be a "diet" but it is so much more.

Enjoy your day and may you feel some of what I am feeling.

Marcie
Old 01-21-2011, 04:26 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, Marcie! Thanks again for the encouraging words. I'm glad to hear you're feeling so fantastic and I hope it continues throughout your day!

I'm about to take the girls to school and then the baby and I are heading to meet Tom at a Thai place for lunch. Yum! The good thing about the Thai place (besides the delicious food) is that I'm not tempted to eat dessert. We're going to stop by the commissary on the way home and do the weekly shopping. I'll have to finish up the laundry when we get back, but it'll be worth the delay in getting chores done to have lunch with my guy.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:48 AM   #4  
Mous

Kara, enjoy your lunch. What do you order? Have never had Thai food.
Lots of walking at the commissary. Choose wisely and get something new to try.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:45 AM   #5  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Windsong: My mom loves Windsong too. I'm allergic to most scents so don't wear any myself, but a whiff of Windsong, while leaving me gasping for breath, always reminds me of home.

Kara: I love Thai! Darn those noodles and rice! Our favorite Thai place is always out of brown rice, which is so disappointing. We haven't tried to go since hitting the Beach because leaving when we find they're out wouldn't be an option. ha ha!

I may buy running shoes this weekend. Maybe. Then maybe - possibly - start C25K. Maybe.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone!

Marcie- Glad you are doing so well.
Kara- Have a great lunch out...sounds like fun!
Annie-Shoes would be a good motivator to start the C25K

It's Friday but we have a full day of school tomorrow to make up a snow day. YUCK!!!! I have already ordered a salad for my lunch- we get to order out on Fridays so I know I will stay on plan! Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there Marcie, Kara and Annie, It's nice to see the Daily started. Since we began to use more consistency in the title, it's much easier to find. It sounds like you three are all pumped and positive for this last day of the week.

My Friday starts off with gym for sure this morning. I'm still a bit sore from my slither/slip/slide on the porch Wednesday but a gentle workout should help. If not, I'll at least be able to say I did it!

When I get back, I have the usual "stuff" to tackle including a small forest of broccoli to be made into soup. Broccoli is not my favourite veggie - even roasted - but I seem to always have a lot around so broccoli soup is on the menu for lunch today. A bit of cheese does help.

Book club is tonight and I still have a hundred pages to read. We're reading The Glass Castle which I've read before. I thought I remembered it from a few years ago but realize I don't remember enough for discussion. The dogs will be happy to spend some couch time with me today. I seldom get a chance to read during the day so they'll be in shock.

Litar, I'm astonished? School on a Saturday? Is it a make-up day? Good for you in ordering a salad in advance. Be sure there's some protein in it, OK?

Time for another coffee and a Beachy breakfast before I head out. Enjoy your Friday and be good to yourself.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:06 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early risers Hormones have not been kind to my sleep patterns but at least I get to wake up to cheery conversation

Marcie - So happy to hear that things are falling into place for you. It was like that for me when I started. It just all made sense.

Kara - I love, love, love Thai food. Ours doesn't serve brown rice so I just skip the rice altogether. Now I'm thinking of chili and basil tofu Such good veggie options

Annie - Happy exercising

Lisa - Some schools around here have another snow day today! It's been a crazy two weeks. How nice to have a place to order from with good salads.

There's snow here but not as much as the last two storms. I will head out on the road but not too early. I'm looking forward to a weekend without major plans. DW is doing an open mic tonight so dinner at our little local cafe. Then a weekend of cleaning, cooking, and exercising. Oh, and avoiding the single digit temps outside!

Happy Friday friends

ETA - Good morning Ruth. Wish I could help you with that broccoli. It's one of my favorites. I love the soup with the white beans and a little bit of really good cheddar (so much tastier than a lot of rf cheese IMO). Hmm, have to add that to next week's meal plans I hope the gentle moving and stretching works out some of the kinks. It always amazes me how many places ache after a slip on ice.

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-21-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Chicklets!

Mother Nature is letting us know it's wintertime. I was tempted to stay in my PJs all day, but then decided I'd better get dressed so I can go out and help Jake deal with this snow.

I'm going to put on a nice pot of Black Bean & Sweet Potato soup and make a batch of Black Bean Brownies, but other than that, I don't plan to do diddly-squat.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:14 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cottage - you have convinced me that one of my requirements with the job negotiations will be a 4 day week. Making soup and watching the snow from inside sounds like a perfect day.

I may have next week's menu completely planned just from reading the daily thread
Old 01-21-2011, 06:25 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADY WINDSONG View Post

All you have to do is set a small goal
And see it through to the end

It could be as simple as eating less
Or walking farther than before
Good Morning

Thanks, LadyWindsong. I've been busy getting things done this morning, but I sat down and really thought about this for a few minutes. I have a saying I use alot, which is "I need to make a better choice." Today, I'm taking my Mom to Denver for a meeting and I have 4 hours to do whatever I want. I used to go eat crappy food and I don't anymore. Today, I'm going to set a goal of taking a walk while I'm down...and sitting down for a healthy lunch(think I'll do Thai).

Tonight, we have dinner at the local Sr. Center, for a fundraiser. It's chili, so not too hard to eat OP. That's about it for me.

Ruth, your day sounds great! I love getting exercise in early, then a plop on the couch for required reading while healthy soup simmers sounds like a perfect day. Glad to hear you aren't too sore from your slip-me, either.

Annie, Yay! for running shoes and C25K!

Kara, enjoy your lunch with DH and a walk through the commissary.

Linda(cottagebythesea), I think you've sealed it, I'm going to pick up some sweet potatoes today. TGIF for big snow! Enjoy your day at home.

Cyndi, ouch for hormones affecting sleep AGAIN! Fortunately, it sounds like you have a great weekend ahead starting with open mic tonight. I was already thinking of super spicy tofu/veggies and the restaurant I have in mind does have brown rice. Take care!

Marcie(LadyWindsong), thanks for getting us started on such a positive note this morning. You are absolutely right...food can be an enemy or a friend. I have some old favorites that I do miss from time to time, but they aren't as satisfying as they used to be, and I'm finding that I get the most satisfaction from making a totally healthy dinner that both DH and I enjoy.

Have a great OP day, everyone! I'll pop back in if I can...although it's getting late, and I have lots to do.

I'm so happy that we have so many new and fun friends here at the beach! to all our regulars AND newcomers!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:27 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

I can't believe I didn't see this thread - I went over and started another - mods can you just delete? I'll just repeat myself here. I lost 2 lbs. last week and broke the 160s. I'm happy but now nervous about heading into Phase 2. I've got to track myself really well here and for various reasons must be militant about having one carb a day at the exact same time - last time I tried this and was all over the place and very disorganized about it. Next week I'll add a piece of fruit with my afternoon snack and see how that goes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by Ruth:
Quote:
Hey - can it be true that no one else has started this yet? I lost 2 lbs. last week!

Now on to the hard work of Phase 2 BUT I am looking forward to having some brown rice sushi today and some wine tonight! Hope everyone has a great one...
Old 01-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Marci - Yes, snow for us too after you.

Kara - I can't remember the last time I had Thai. Yum!

Annie - Don't skimp on those shoes if you are going to be running! I tried c25k for a week but had back issues. I would like to do it again someday.

Litar - I've never heard of having to make up on the weekend!

Ruth - Sorry to hear you are still sore My husband is not a broccoli fan but is trying to eat it for the health benefits. I'm fine with it.

Cyndi - Is she a comic? Fun.

Linda - I've felt just a bit guilty sitting inside while my DH did all the shoveling. Just a bit. That soup sounds yummy. Is the recipe on here?

Debbie - Well, you could always go to my husband's favorite store! He could easily spend 4 hours in REI.

Matilda - Woo hoo!

My snoring DH is driving me crazy I guess I don't notice it as much when I am sleeping better. Just needed to vent.

Today we are going to order the pictures from our photo shoot. And I have what I am told is a great new book to read. Other than eating well, that's about it for lazy me.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Karen ~ the recipe is from Kalyn's Kitchen. It's fast and easy to throw together, and it tastes so good! The lime really enhances the flavor.
http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/20...-bean-and.html
Old 01-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello chicks! I haven't been posting much because we were all sick with the stomach flu last week. We were supposed to leave Friday for a FL vacation, but that's the day it hit the kids so I had to cancel. I'm on a low Iodine diet right now by doctor's orders, which is way harder than the South Beach Diet! I think I've got another week on it, then can get back to Phase I.

Also, watch out for my DD1 who has found her way to this forum! She has been on the Beach for several months and is doing really well. She loves her veggies now, and as a kid I could not get her to eat any! She is a big exerciser - much better than me in that department.
Closed Thread