Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 07:00 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Wed. 19 Jan. 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #2  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning all fellow IP'ers. I have a NSV, this morning I was able to comfortably fit into size 40 jeans from size 42 and I am now on the last hole on my belt. Felt nice to see some shrinkage. It is incredible, I am only 10 days into the program and will have my second WI tomorrow.

Keep up the good work all. Have a great day.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all fellow IP'ers. I have a NSV, this morning I was able to comfortably fit into size 40 jeans from size 42 and I am now on the last hole on my belt. Felt nice to see some shrinkage. It is incredible, I am only 10 days into the program and will have my second WI tomorrow.

Keep up the good work all. Have a great day.
That is awesome! Keep up the good work! If you work the program, the program works!! Have a great 100% day everyone!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 AM   #4  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning! I am very happy today. I have lost about 15 pounds in the last 3 weeks. Tomorrow I have WI#3. I can't wait to see how many inches I have lost !!
I really hope I can get almost all my excess weight off my Feb 16, I am going to visit family in TX and it is going to be very hard to be eating with all my family (all they cook is Mexican Food) and having to just keep eating the packets, at least, if I am in phase 2 then I can eat two "regular meals" and then just breakfast and the snack is going to be with the IP Packets. Also, Phase 2 will be a lot easier if we go out to lunch or dinner.
We will see, I still have a month to loose some more pounds. I am able to exercise now but I am a little scared that my weight loss will slow down. What do you guys think? Are you exercising? Has your weight loss slow down?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #5  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Morning everyone. Hope you all have terrific a terrific IP day today! I hope to somehow find time to squeeze an appointment in for WI today. Missed yesterday's WI due to meetings after work - first one missed too....so feel a little out of my routine! That and I think I will finally see some downward movement on the scale and after having a stallout for a few weeks I am looking for the good news.

Last edited by CBG; 01-19-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #6  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Good morning everyone!!! It sounds like everyone is doing fabulous with their weight loss, sticking to the plan and getting healthy. I had my WI yesterday, lost 1 more lb. Can't wait for next weeks WI!!! I haven't been in the 150s since, who knows, I can't remember.

My coach was telling me that one of the women in the program told her yesterday that, even though she has lost 25 lbs, she just can't do it and is quitting!!!! I told my coach to call her and tell her about this forum and to NOT GIVE UP!!!! The coach says that she cheats a lot, and doesn't follow the protocol. I hope they call her and tell her to come in here and read everyone's successes, and hiccups, and she'll see that she's not alone and she can do it.

Carla.....I read in one of your posts yesterday that we aren't supposed to be drinking the blueberry drink packet more than 3x a week. Is that all the time, or just the first couple of weeks? I really enjoy the flavor and I usually have that for my 2nd packet at least 5x a week.

NSV for me....my doctor took me completely off of my blood pressure medicine!!! He cut my dose in half a little over a week ago, and that first weekend at half dose my blood pressure was 104-108 over 72-75, so he told me to stop taking it. I'm monitoring it daily and will report back to him should it start elevating. As of right now, it's averaging out at 110/73.

I hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #7  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Good Morning! I am very happy today. I have lost about 15 pounds in the last 3 weeks. Tomorrow I have WI#3. I can't wait to see how many inches I have lost !!
I really hope I can get almost all my excess weight off my Feb 16, I am going to visit family in TX and it is going to be very hard to be eating with all my family (all they cook is Mexican Food) and having to just keep eating the packets, at least, if I am in phase 2 then I can eat two "regular meals" and then just breakfast and the snack is going to be with the IP Packets. Also, Phase 2 will be a lot easier if we go out to lunch or dinner.
We will see, I still have a month to loose some more pounds. I am able to exercise now but I am a little scared that my weight loss will slow down. What do you guys think? Are you exercising? Has your weight loss slow down?
I've starting exercising, but I don't think I'd notice a difference in the weight loss. I seem to be in the "slow loser club" now

15 lbs in 3 weeks is awesome!!! Good for you!!!!

Last edited by SJackson; 01-19-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #8  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Decided this morning to put the scale away and weigh only at my offical weigh ins. I'm thinking it is playing mind games with me. I'm also going to add more daily water to kick these last pounds off. Start measuring exactly also. Maybe even get onto the exercise bike that has been collecting dust in my kitchen. It's been pure ice outside so no walks. We're headed to Phoenix in Feb for a months stay and so hope to be at goal before we go. Looking forward to sunshine and being able to walk without a snowsuit on.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 171.5/145/140

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning all.... Just wanting to report that I have moved into phase II, and after being stalled for a week or so the scale has moved down a pound a day..... wooww... I Love this diet!... I have upped my exercise. I even went to the library and got some old VHS movies. (My exercise bike is in a room with only a VHS player) -11 here this morning, so guess where I'll be heating up! For those who are stalled, hang in there. Stick to protocol and get out those old workout tapes, and equipment that we all have.... or buddy up and go to the gym.... You will be glad you did. Have happy day!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #10  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
That is awesome! Keep up the good work! If you work the program, the program works!! Have a great 100% day everyone!
Thanks! Keep up the good work as well!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Congrats to all who are having their successes today!

ok, for once and for all.........I was just told from a friend who is taking 'IP coach training"....... NO snacking inbetween meals... after the first couple of weeks. I am at 5.5 mths into this..........and we have discussed a lot about hunger and cravings.... mine was the dreaded peanut butter... STOPPED that...so i asked the question here re: egg whites... the mix i use is 0/0/1. 30 calories. I eat at like 0630 - 7am in the morning (IP product) so by 10 or 1030 I am hungry! so have started to take the egg whites. NOW i am told that its wrong!!!!!! Carla and friends.... can you shed light on this once and for all? I dont want to be screwing up my progress..... or messing with the IP to the point of no success. Thanks to everyone
Old 01-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #12  
WhoDatChick

S/C/G: 229/189.0/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!!! I hope everyone has a GREAT day!!! I've seen, but can't seen to find, a copy of the Daily Food Journal. I used my last one and didn't copy it and emailed my clinic to send me one and they haven't yet. Does anyone remember where it was? Or if you have one, can you send it to me please?? THANKS!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING!!!!

I wanted to start off by saying that I LOVE reading the posts!!! It gives me so much motivation to go through my day!
So a big to everyone!!!

I also wanted to say thank you to Carla for yesterday's reply on the soup!!!
I will absolutely try that over the weekend at the cottage!

I realized that I do have an addiction to food. It's like it's calling my name all the time and it's annoying the s*** out of me! Sorry for my language but that's how much I am fed up with it!

I know I can do this diet ONCE AND FOR ALL instead of wasting my money and starting over every time and I am GLAD that I am doing it that way this time!

This week is a little harder because I am tight on money...my paychek didn't go in they were having problems in HR and now I can't go do my groceries for the week!!! So hopefuly I will be able to find healthy alternatives for lunch at work...

Anywho I am certain that this week will be a successful week for everyone of us!! My weigh in is on Monday and I can't waitttt!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Congrats to everyone on your NSV's and the weight loss! I love reading all the posts cause it helps me to know that i'm not the only one that can be an over thinker.
I weighed in last night and lost 3 pounds I did officially switch to my "weigh-in outfit" so it could have been a little bit of a higher loss from getting out of the jeans but I'm not gonna focus on that!
I got a sheet from my clinic telling me the carb amounts in each vegetable and she did mention staying within 20-25 carbs a day. So i am just gonna see what I can do about that...maybe i was going over and didn't realize. Plus will probably keep me more accountable with measuring my vegetables and getting them all in.
I am worried that I am going to become a 2 pound a week loser. I know this is still very good especially if it is consistent...BUT my dad is paying for this program and I mentioned that it may take longer than two months to get to goal and he said that after 2 months i should know enough that I can do it on my own without paying for their food. *insert panic attack here*
I'm gonna try not to future trip too much about it though at this point. He also said that I need to get on my ellyptical or i wont see big losses either. But again I have read so many times that people slow down in their loss which i just think is an oxymoron. I am now in week 3 so technically i am past the 2 week no exercise marker. i don't know..OVER THINKING!!!!!

Good luck to everyone today have an AMAZING IP DAY!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatchick View Post
Good Morning!!! I hope everyone has a GREAT day!!! I've seen, but can't seen to find, a copy of the Daily Food Journal. I used my last one and didn't copy it and emailed my clinic to send me one and they haven't yet. Does anyone remember where it was? Or if you have one, can you send it to me please?? THANKS!!!
I bumped the food journal sheet thread for you. It is a good one, I use it as well.
Closed Thread