Old 01-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #1  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default HaHa Oh My Stars!

So, my hubby currently has a box of Cracklin' Oat Bran that he bought himself for a treat. (He does normally eat better than that.) I was getting myself some almond milk and happened to notice on the side it says

"A good breakfast can help you:
~get going
~manage your weight
~stay on task at work
~concentrate"

I laughed so hard I almost had almond milk shoot out my nose. While this is true of a good breakfast, the idea of these statements on Cracklin' Oat Bran just cracked me up! I was especially amused by the manage your weight business. I just HAD to share with you guys.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh, that's an old favorite of mine from my college days! Cracklin' Oat Bran and fresh sliced strawberries. Mmmm. I used to think I could crush them, add a little butter and it would make a nice crust for a strawberry pie. Definitely not a healthy breakfast!

Better than potato chips though...maybe. More fiber anyway.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #3  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I can't comment because I admit to having those little tiny boxes of individual cereal in the oh-so-nutritious "CORN POPS" variety ahhahahah every now and again I have one with some milk as a little decadent snack LOL of course now I can have 6 little boxes in the cupboard til they expire, as opposed to when i'd have corn pop dust all over my face and 6 empty boxes scattered around me
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Hmm, I wish it was true. I love cracklin oat bran.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I've never heard of it, and it sounds intriguing. How precisely does one make oat bran crackle? Are Pop Rocks involved somehow?? LOL
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #6  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Trazey - There's nothing wrong with occasional indulgence. As long as we stay in control and don't let the food control us, and it sounds like you are in control of your Pops. I'm betting the Pops are healthier than the Cracklin Oat Bran anyhow. I wouldn't see anything wrong with occasional COB either (I let hubby get it), it's just the idea of the company trying to pass it off as healthy that I found to be such a hoot.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Ah, but don't sugary cereal commercials still state, "...a PART of a complete breakfast."

Remember that? Frosted Flakes pictured along with a glass of juice and a couple of pieces of toast?
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote