Old 01-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Default Weight loss buddies needed

Hi. I am 38 and a mother of a four year old. I have 65lbs to lose and would love a buddy or group of buddies for mutual support. Anyone interested?
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/281/160

Height: 5'10"

Hi Ann, I'm 38 and have a 5 year old. I have a little more to lose than you, but I'm interested Are you following a specific plan?
Gamecockgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/184/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ann, I'm 32 and am the mother of a 5 year old. I am trying to lose 40 pounds. I'm currently the same weight that I was when I was 9 months pregnant! I would also like some buddies!
1skinnysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys! I'm Kristi, I'm 32, and I'm the mom of a 5 year old and a 1 year old. I have about 45-50lbs left to go, so I'd love to have a buddy!
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Hi ladies,

Thanks so much for replying. Where are you in your weight loss journeys? What kind of plans are you on for eating/activity? I'm just getting started (again) for what seems like the millionth time. No specific plan yet, just trying to get rid of the junk (including sugar, processed stuff) and move my body a little every day. Not very difficult, but I need something small to get started with.

skinny--I know how you feel. I am 20 lbs more than I was when I went in to hospital! 20 lbs more than I was at 9 mos pregnant! So sad. I've always had trouble with my weight, but it's been such a battle since having my daughter. Not sure if it's the age or just the challenges of juggling it all.

Gamecock--Hi! I really should lose more than 65lbs, but I'd be really happy to get to that weight. Even though it's more than I should weigh for my height, it's a weight that feels good to me. Looks like you're already on your way to your goal! Congrats!

Hi Kristi--Thanks for joining. Glad to see that you're making progress towards your goal.

I'd just like a place to check in everyday where we can get and give support. We can use this thread anyway you all want.

Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278.8/278.8/175

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone,

I will be 38 in two weeks and I am a mother of a 7 year old.
I too weigh what I weighed when I was 9 months pregnant. I would love some buddies and somewhere to check in.
Leec37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/281/160

Height: 5'10"

@Kristi, I love your avatar pic, you look so happy and healthy in it!

I'm not on a particular plan, I'm developing my own. I've been on so many different plans in the past, I know what works for me and what doesn't and I know plenty about eating right...I just haven't. My husband was diagnosed diabetic several months ago, and since we are cutting out a lot of processed foods, junk etc. I guess you could say I'm on a common sense diet. I'm also trying to work out more for energy and health. Oddly enough, I used to be a gym rat! I loved working out...I'm not back to that point yet. I just started back this past week after being off the wagon for a few months. I didn't gain all the weight back and my ticker reflects my highest weight about a year ago. This past week I lost 12 pounds, but I made some radical changes, and the high number is not that unusual for me when I start out. I'm going to level off probably this week or next and the numbers will be lower. A lot of people tell me "Oh you are so lucky", but I don't think so...I think it's the reason I haven't stuck things out in the past. I lose a big amount the first 2-3 weeks and then the following weeks only lose 1-2 pounds and I get discouraged and give up. So you guys are going to have to remind me of that in the next few weeks! lol. Good luck to all of you, I look forward to checking in and getting to know all of you
Gamecockgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 8"

Hello everyone!
I am 38 and the mother to an 11 year old and 5 year old twins.
I am currently down 42 since my highest weight, which was 1 year ago...I had lost 58 then had a very busy fall and winter in which I did not take care of myself as I should have. I stepped on the scale and noticed I was more than 10lbs up I thought I was. I can not believe I gained 18lbs from Sept to Jan. The past is the past though, nothing I can do about it now so I am looking foward and CCing again.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Gamecockgrrl! I was just planning on updating that pic, actually!

I started in May 2010 - started tracking my calories daily (even nibbles!), and started exercising a couple of times a week. That has increased (I now exercise 5-6 hours a week), and I'm still tracking my calories. I usually eat about 1300-1400 a day. I drink lots of water!
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,
I am 35 and mother of 4. Ages 13, 11, 7, and 4. I gained weight with all of the pregnancies and never tried that hard to lose after them. Now I am determined to lose, lose, lose. I have been talking about losing weight for what seems like forever, since the birth of my 2nd baby which was 11 years ago. Wow, to write down that I have been struggling with this for that long is an eye opener. But this is the year that I do it.

My husband is Air Force and is in training for the next 2 months. So my goal is not so much to lose weight, but for him to be able to see a difference when he comes back. Don't get me wrong, I am determined to lose and have a goal in mind, but that is my short goal for now.

As far as following a plan, I am trying the calorie counting, but not too strict about it. I try to eat healthy meals and snacks. I have tracked calories for so long that I pretty much know where I am on calories. The biggest change that I have made is going to the gym and swimming. I started taking everything serious TODAY!!! I have been going to the gym consistently and am not seeing big numbers or any movement on the scale. Guess I thought if I was working out hard enough, i could just eat what I wanted......WRONG! So I went shopping and planned for the week. So here is hoping for a big loss this week. (Fingers crossed)

I have also signed myself up for my first triathlon ever. It is in 2 weeks. Then I have signed up for a fitness challenge at our gym with four team members. So I can't slack because I can't let the other 3 team members down. I think it is really going to help me stay on track and give me accountability.
Hope everyone has a great week.

Last edited by LTs girl; 01-17-2011 at 07:47 PM.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/219/150

Hello
I'm 38 and the mom to three kids--9, 7 and 4. I gained with my first two pregnancies, and was pretty heavy (around 240) when I get pregnant with our youngest. I tested positive for gestational diabetes, and was on this super strict diet. I actually lost weight during the pregnancy. After though, it was a little bit like a free fall. I was so tired and stressed out that I started eating and kept at it until I gained about 20 lbs. So, here I am trying to lose weight again.

I would love to have a buddy if there's room for one more. I'm trying calorie counting on my own with some regular exercise. I have a whole bunch of mini goals (getting down to weight I was before pregnancies, dropping below 200, stuff like that). As of right now, I'd like to lose 75 lbs as that was the weight I was for years and felt pretty comfortable there.

I think the biggest killer of my past tries has been the mentality of "Oops, I shouldn't have eaten that and now my day is destroyed, so I might as well start over tomorrow." I'm hoping that this won't kill my try this time around.
micheleahsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 203/203/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hi there, I'm jumping back on the wagon myself. I'm hoping that it'd be ok to join you all. I'm 33, have 3 kids, ages 11, 9 and 7 and I'm in school too, so finding time to work out is difficult. I am determined to make it a priority, however, and I want to be fit and healthy. A long time ago I weighed 245/250 lbs. and went down to 155... That was about 2 years ago. My grandfather and a very close family friend of mine died and I've ballooned up to 203. I'm in panic mode since I did work so hard to get to that 155 and now I'm over half way to where I started! I need help and support. I really want to do this for me and need to find a way to make it work. I'd like to get down to 195 by Valentine's day.
slimby35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:48 AM   #13  

Height: 5ft 7

Hi, I'm 37 with a 14 year old. I started my new way of eating (don't want to call it a diet as it has to be a long term thing) 9 days ago.
I was 215 lbs. I am now down to 211lbs.
I am simply eating sensibly and doing more exercise. Gym twice a week plus exercise bike when I can (I work full time).
I did go on a diet 2 years ago and went down to 180 but then got ill, started eating rubbish and never stopped...
I want to get down to 150lbs (I am 5ft 7).
I'm finding it tough because my OH and my 14yo both eat LOADS and it makes me tempted...
Flora x
Flora37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Welcome to all the new faces.. About time to check in.

How is everyone doing with weight loss, eating, working out?
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 278.8/278.8/175

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone,
Things for me are going well this week. I have stuck to my allowed calories and as on Monday I started to work out twice a day instead of just once. I'm a little sore but my energy level has been good.
Hope everyone else is doing well.
Talk to you soon!
Leec37 is offline   Reply With Quote