Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 08:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Default gyrotonic

Ok - New type of Exercise....

Watched an informercial that was of course selling a machine but got on the web and found that this is taught in studios with much bigger machines.....

It looks like a combo of yoga, pilates, stretching, dance moves, etc. Also looks like it is very big on the West Coast (dont they all start there),

Anyway, I have a pilates machine that I LOVE!!!!!! I love doing pilates on the machine alot more than on the mat.... better workout in my opinion.....

So any of you west coaster heard of this or done this... what are your opinions????? There is a studion in Georgia that I would like to go to before I buy the machine to make sure I like it but the studio is some distance away from here so I want some feedback first.

Thank you!
Old 04-09-2003, 09:49 AM   #2  
it's always something

I just watched the same infomercial, lol! Well, I saw part of it, enough to put it on my wish list! I first heard of it last week, when someone asked me if I knew what it was, because it was scheduled to be on QVC this Sunday. I found a few websites about it, and it is very expensive It looks like it would feel so good, though.

Maybe QVC will have it as a 'today's special value', cheaper than it costs elsewhere.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:16 PM   #3  

Yes- Keep my posted if you find it cheaper....

I do love my pilates machine... it is so relaxing and peaceful but you get such a great workout! I call it yoga on a machine!
Old 04-11-2003, 05:46 PM   #4  

I just saw this and wanted to let you know that this machine will be on QVC this Saturday at 9PM Pacific time and 7AM Sunday Pacific time just in case anyone is interested in taking a better look and getting a better price.

Rose
Old 04-12-2003, 10:02 PM   #5  

Thank you Rose - I will check it out.....
Old 04-13-2003, 12:10 PM   #6  
it's always something

It's on as the Todays Special Value for $448.56 and they are offering ezpay. It's not the exact same model from the infomercial, though, but it's still nice.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:08 AM   #7  

"After the Wedding"... (words that start every sentence out of my mouth now)... I am definetely going to look into this....

There is a gym in my area (well 45-60minutes away) that teaches this.... I think I will go there and check it out first....

Thanks for the heads up on this guys!
Old 08-27-2003, 01:30 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

I am one of those "west coasters" I have done gyrotronics, and I would recommend trying it before buying a machine. The moves really had great stretches...however because of how your body rotates I think that doing it without supervision might cause you to hurt yourself. It is very expensive out here 65 an hour, my pilates instructor comped me one visit because she needed the practice.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:37 AM   #9  

Thanks Rowan!!!!

I assume that you take pilates also.... is it similar to pilates????

Did you enjoy it? Was it hard?
Old 08-28-2003, 11:19 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Yes, I do pilates and I love it. I can see being able to do pilates without and instructor .

It was a good workout, you move your body in ways that you normally don't. One of my favorite moves was the arm of the machine had a discus with a handle coming out of it that you leaned to reach. You stretched across yourself and then rotated the discus in little circles. It worked the muscles that get tight in your back from computer work, it was a great stretch. It is more like yoga on a machine, increcibly toning but I really needed to concentrate on every move that I was making.

I DO recomend trying it and seeing if it is for you, it did feel like it would be as beneficial as pilates, just for me it felt like there was more room to hurt yourself because your using muscles you don't normally use, and they are weak, and your moving in unnatural positions (whereas pilates and stretching follows the normal movement line of muscle, gyro seemed to go in a different direction--which actually felt great).

Hope this helped.....
Old 08-30-2003, 10:28 PM   #11  

Thank you so much Rowan... I appreciate the info.... I think I will look into doing this.... Keep me posted if you do it again....
Closed Thread