Old 01-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly chat Jan 17th-23rd.

New week

EMS

Did you have much trouble with the snow before Christmas? We were lucky here, we could still get around with care but it was bitterly cold and treacherous under foot. Friends of our neighbours were stranded in Scotland for several days... in a pub! Not a bad place to be holed up

We are expecting floods today or tomorrow. When rain falls in mid Wales it takes a few days to reach us, but reach us it does. Our river is bank full already.

I have a ‘fun’ day ahead. Washing paintwork upstairs prior to decorating. It is taking us much longer than we expected, we just can’t get going. I’m told this is all quite normal after a bereavement.

Have a good week everyone.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Hey jojo thesnow was horrible before xmas i was stuck in for a few days i could not get off the drive so had to walk everywhere which werent to bad but very dangerous conditions when it freezes over.

I am doing uni work this afternoon and then im going to aerobics later.

Hope everyone is ok xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Went to bed last night and i turned the wrong way and now my knee is throbbing. I had 2 Oxy codeine at 1 AM and now everything is running late. Fortunately my doctors office called this morning to verify my time on Thursday. I told them what happened and they told me to go back to the ace bandage that I wore going out of the hospital.No exercising the knee until I see the doctor.

Other than that everything is OK. The snow is melting off my car,but I still have to have it started up so the battery will be charged.Going to ask my neighbor if she would start it and let it run for a least 5 mins.

JOJO-Thanks for starting us up today. once the Spring comes I going to redecorate my new bedroom.

EMS-Its funny to think you & JoJo day is almost over when we have 1/2 of a day left. Hope you had a great time at your aerobics class.

Going to start my lunch have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

I feel like I should say, "Good morning," but it's early afternoon now. We slept in till mid-morning. Then I put on a pot of beans and cooked some oven-fried chicken for lunch. Tonight we'll have beans and cornbread before I drive to OA.

Rhonda, I'm thinking of you today. I know moving your brother is an emotional experience. I hope all i going as smoothly as possible for all of you.

JoJo, I understand how difficult it has to be readying your home for sale. You are a strong woman. I am very proud of you. And while I'm here, I'd like to compliment you again on losing those 3 pounds. You're on your way.

Ems, hope you enjoyed aerobics. Enjoy your day.

Maryann, those are high powered pain meds you're taking. I hope they're keeping you from hurting.

I'm waving at all yet to get here. Hope you're having a good Monday. Vickie, are you feeling better? I hope so.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi ladies. Well, its official. For the first time in a very long time I'm an official WW member. I joined on line today and I'm starting back tomorrow. I'm happy with my decision - and looking at the new program's simply filling -- its the original core program! Which I did great on. I think it will be a good thing to get back on track and stop with the bad foods that I've been enjoying a bit too much lately.

How have you all been doing on the new program?

Maryann, be careful. You don't want to re-injure your knee.

Nancy, keeping you and Robin in my thoughts. I hope things continue positive.

Have a good afternoon -- taking DD to gymnastics in a bit.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Paula, congrats on getting officially back on WW. You're going to do great. I love new program. It's been easy for me so far. The last two weeks I've had a lot of my WPA's, but I guess that's all right. They say that's what they're for.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Maryann it is funny with the timedifference im usually going to bed or sleeping when your having your tea hehe Hope your knee feels better soon xx

I enjoyed my aerobics thanks maryann and sandra im shattered now and aching all over but it is all good. Sandra i hope you enjoyed your beans and cornbread xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I went to see Jenny today and am down .6 with a LONG way to go to get back to virgin pounds. I've been out shopping all day and I'm pooped. We are having a sleet/ice storm right now so I'm going to go have some tea and relax.

Love, light and hugs to you all!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #9  

it's almost 9:30 pm and I thought I had posted earlier in the day, but I guess not.

jojo, I agree with everything Sandra said. I know this year has been more than any parent should ever have to endure.

ems, great job with aerobics. If you are sore, you did something right. I think we have a 5 hr difference, so you should be snug in bed by now.

Maryann, hope your knee is feeling better by now. I'm glad to hear you are taking it easy, as you should be.

Vicki, .6 is better than a gain, in my eyes. My loss was only .4. So how is Jenny? Did you tell her you cheated on her last week, lol.

Sandra, my husband made bean and cornbread. I never have liked it unless it's the sweet kind. I had chicken and veggies.

Paula, I think I used to post on here when we all did Core. I'm doing the Simply Filling Technique. A few things have been added to the list and a few taken away from the old Core. It's actually better than Core. You get bread now.

Guess I'll try and watch some of my taped dvr. Night all
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Ems, I would be sore, too, if I did aerobics. Tonight at OA the elevator was out of order so we had to use the stairs. I'm embarassed to say I got winded walking up 2 floors.

Yihoo!!!!! Vickie!!!! You're going in the right direction. That's wonderful news! How are you feeling now?

Pam, I need to read the Simply Filling information. I didn' realize you get bread now. That's good news for sure!

Rhonda, Sloan, Nancy, and Kathy, I'm thinking of you.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:36 AM   #11  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Good luck with the new regime Paula. New year, new you. Well, that’s what I’m telling myself anyway.

Maryann. Now you take care when you start to go up and down ladders. Our house is 127 years old (I went out and looked at the plaque on the wall yesterday. I knew it was over 100, but wasn’t sure how much) and the ceilings are very high so it is a nightmare to decorate. I usually do the wall papering and Mark the painting, but he did the stairs because of the drop.

Thanks Sandra, I know I have a way to go, but I’m just going to potter along taking 20lb chunks.

Pam. Yes the last seven and a half months have been very difficult. We would have moved straight away, but that wouldn’t have helped at all. This year will be the right time. It’s so difficult getting motivated though. We have to force ourselves to do things. When we've been out and about, we have noticed folk will cross the road to avoid us, or dash into a shop. We run after them, give them a hug and say that we know how they feel, and that they don't know what to say. That breaks the ice and often, even now, all these months later, they start crying. It's so difficult to know what to say isn't it?

Are you back safe and sound yet Vickie?

Last edited by jojo23; 01-18-2011 at 02:38 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #12  
focused and aiming

Good morning. I'm up and dressed ready to go to school. I don't know what classes I'm having yet. I forgot to ask and they forgot to tell last week. I'm going prepared for anything (mentally). The high school never has me do athletics so I at least know it'll be inside classrooms.

JoJo, I am very impressed at your loving attitude toward everyone. You're an amazing woman. Tell your husband I said that. And that I'm sure he's amazing, too. He'd have to be to have a wife like you. I'm plodding along, too.

Had a gain this week. My OA sponsor is prob going to suggest I don't wi weekly and go back to monthly wi's. Gains tend to "do things" to my mind. Oh, well, life goes on and I know what happened last week--too much eating out. I have homemade split pea soup/cornbread for lunch. I need to get off here and go write it down. Oh!! I also have 2 bananas. Did I mention I'm turning into a monkey?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I got home last night around 10PM, after a 14 hour day with my niece and her husband, taking my brother to the Veteran's facility, a five-hour drive from here. It was a very long day, but I'm pleased to say that it was not as horrid as we feared. He was appropriately unhappy with his situation, but accepting his fate without punishing us for it. We'll see how it all unfolds, but at least we know that he is a safe place that will provide good care.

My niece is lurking here, and I invited her to join us.

Off to tap dancing this morning! And, I must get (more) serious about healthy eating.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Up early as I waiting for Pea Pod to delivery my groceries,but due in acclimate weather they called to say they they might be delayed. I have to place to go,so its ok no matter what time they get here.

The streets now look like a sheet of ice,due to the snow that turned to freezing rain,glad that I have only 2 steps in front of my house for the delivery man to climb. According to the weatherman its looks like I might have to take a taxi on Thursday to get to the doctors, this stuff is going to hang around for a long time.

SANDRA-I'm trying not to that this pain killers as they make you so drowsy,and I don't like the feeling. The brace worked last night and that the way I going to go.

PAULA-Thanks I really am taking care of the knee,as I don't want to go back to square one and have to start all over again.

EMS-Thanks,on another board that I go to we have a woman from England & one from Italy and they both start the thread for us.

PAM-Thanks,Sometime I think I pasted here and find out the next day that I didn't,as I have 5 other boards I have to post to.

JOJO-No latter for now, and when I have to use one I have the handy man go up and help me.I remember my MIL living in Ireland having those high ceiling I could never go up that high to decorate or even to wash them.Our ceilings are not high.

Have a great day

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! The kidney stone has either passed or gone back to where it was before it decided to rock and roll around my kidney! I'll know for sure when I go back to see the Nephrologist at the end of February. She makes me get complete bloodwork and a ct scan every 8 months or so to keep an eye on the stone and my kidneys. I really don't think it passed or I would have been in even MORE pain than I was.

The ice storm ended up being mild by Chicago standards. We are to get more something this afternoon and tonight. Jim had to take the car in for oil change and a new turn signal light and the assorted weird noises. He made them drive him back here (we only have one car) so he wouldn't have to sit in the waiting room. Even with his iPad, that isn't fun.

I'm trying to have a good eating week. Just learned we have over $400 of repairs/maintenance. Ugh. I'm going to go catch up with all of you now.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote