Old 01-03-2011, 03:01 AM   #1  
ANewFeeling

S/C/G: 300/300/200

Height: 5'11

Default I'm on the Atkins again!

Hi you guys. I new to 3FC and Ive decided to go on the atkins journey once again. I am 24 years old and currently at my biggest weight! I have never been this big and it sucks! When I was in high school, I decided to go on the atkins so that I could look good for prom. I started in November and by February I had lost over 50 Pounds! Like I said before the atkins does work. I have to take full responsibility for my weight gain. Before i went to college I was eating right and so happy with my my results. I didnt even crave things like rice, but I did eat the right stuff. I wasnt addicted to food anymore. anyway, When I went to college everything changed. I went out to eat alot. Its hard to go out and mingle and not eat. Plus, my school cafeteria was all you can eat. Now, I'm cheap. When I say cheap, I mean cheap. Free Food????? Free???? Of course you guys can giuess that it went down hill from there. But I'm ready to do this again. I feel like nothing. I know its a harsh thing to say but Ive been so depressed about the way that I look that its affected my relationship with my boyfriend. He says Im beautiful yet I dont feel that way. I know that in order for me to open up, I have to feel a certain way about myself. I've turned to atkins to do just that. Guys, lend me your support cuz i'm gonna need it.
ANewFeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

It can be hard to accept his loving compliments when you are unhappy inside and out. For now just accept that he cares for you, and start your journey for your own sake. We are here for you. You will feel better in no time, and will get back into shape. you go girl!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm glad your boyfriend appreciates you, and I hope you can come to see things his way! Believe me, you aren't the only person to (re)gain weight; it says nothing about your worthiness. Maybe try planning some non-food rewards for yourself -- manicures, facials, whatever you like, and you do deserve them!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

The part about being cheap and taking liberal advantage of the free food made me laugh I am the SAME way. If I'd go to an event with free food, or be anywhere with free food available, I'd be sure to fill up as much as I could!! It's there, it's free, I should eat it!!

I also can relate to your feelings about your boyfriend and your weight. I have gained 30lb since meeting my boyfriend, and he is nothing but supportive and a sweetheart about it. He loves me for me, as I am sure your boyfriend does you!!! It is all in our heads. Time to take care of ourselves and trust that the men in our lives will be there to support us as needed.

Good luck!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:23 AM   #5  
ANewFeeling

S/C/G: 300/300/200

Height: 5'11

Default thank you

You guys made me smile when I read ur comments. I really thank u guys for the encouragements

Abluvion: its good to see another frugal person that understands my cheapness. I hate spending money. Everyon around me hates that about me but I'm resonsible with money so to bad. I like the word free!

Yoyoma: I'm very tomboyish the last time I went to to get my toes done, I was told I would get charged extra for the excessive amount of work they would have to put in. Lol.

Fatmad: thank you for ur kind words. I've realized that I need to love myslf before I can really accept someone loving me. Ill do my best to be strong.

Thanks again...I needed this.
ANewFeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

I feel in the same boat that you're in! Free is DEFINITELY good! And my DH doesn't care about my weight. I don't feel great about myself, either. I'm not only overweight, but I feel REALLY old (I'm 43 and I know, compared to 23 that IS old. lol) to boot. I think we both just have to do this for ourselves. To boost how WE feel about ourselves, then we can truly be happy with the ones that love us LET'S DO THIS!!!!
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #7  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

I am on Atkins and trying not to eat too many almonds.. Love the stuff.. I am on phase 2.. I haven't eaten any fruit yet.. Five weeks into the diet.. -10 lbs.
Would love to lose weight faster.. Not realistic, I guess. Plus it is almost that
TOM..So water weight gain and all.. Not really a hard diet to follow..I eat no bread, rice, corn, potatos, and other stuff like that...
I would love to join ya'll page here...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Lanee! Welcome to the Atkins board. Congrats on your loss so far!!

If you feel you aren't losing fast enough, you can stay on Induction longer than 2 weeks if it sustainable for you. The book says you can stay on safely for quite a while - I have heard up to 6 months, and I have heard until you have 30lb left to lose. But if you hated the way you ate on Induction, moving to OWL makes sense... Just something to think about!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

After being on Induction two weeks you can add nuts. I eat about 15-30 almonds per day and it seems to be fine. You just have to experiment with what works for you.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #10  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, new Atkins chicks! You'll find lots of encouragement, ideas, tips and support on the board. Have a great week.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #11  

Good luck to you!!
CassieV15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

I am a cheapskate, too! On Atkins, eggs are my best friend :-)

Good luck on your "Atkins journey redux". You've been successful before, and I am sure you will rock it this time, too!
SissieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #13  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to Atkins ya'll We're here for you. Hugs and support on your weight loss journies

Judy

Last edited by islandchick1; 01-11-2011 at 11:29 PM.
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #14  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

New man in my life love at first text.
He like me just the way I am and he's a handsome guy!
I know men are not the best reason to lose weight for, but they are good starting point and a great insensitive. I'm starting Atkins for my Michael, so I look and feel better for him and for me.
i have never wanted to lose weight FOR someone but myself and that never worked well.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 217.5/201/160

Congrats on coming back. You recognized that you were not happy and are doing something about it. GOOD FOR YOU! If you were successful the first go around, you will do it again.

As far as the BF is concerned, it's almost certain that he loves you for who you are. You need to feel happy with who you are, and if this added weight is stopping that, well then you have come to the right place.

Good luck, we are here for you and will support each other along the way
amberbrown is offline   Reply With Quote