Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 01-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #1  
We'll go with that!

S/C/G: 262/230/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Anyone tried Hypnosis/Subliminal messages for Weight Loss?

I know, it may sound silly- but has anyone tried hypnosis or subliminal CD's/MP3s (of course, in addition to healthy eating and exercise ) to aid in their weight loss?

I've been trolling around amazon for two weeks know looking at all these hypnosis and binaural mp3's for all sorts of things. I've actually picked up quite a few... Many are .99 on Amazon and hey, what's a dollar right? Some that I downloaded are for stress and anxiety, there was one that was for healing your inner child (which...- could be a a substantial part of why I'm overweight. I've got a few issues I still haven't hashed out ), and I've picked up two for weight loss.

Problem is (not really a problem) hypnosis is guided. You are actually supposed to LISTEN to what the person is droning on an on about- breathing in light- visualizing stuff ...and unfortunately- I tend to fall asleep 10 mins in. But the with subliminal stuff (binaural) it's music with messages underneath that you cannot hear. So going to sleep isn't a big deal.

I just burned a CD with the binaural weight loss stuff (I tried playing it on my computer, but the light was too bright and I couldn't fall asleep). And hey, I'm not a very positive affirmation type person ( I'm not a glass half full or half empty person- I want to know how it got there before I make any decisions.) , maybe this will help a little

Does anyone have hypnosis or subliminal binaural tracks to suggest? It can't hurt

LR
LightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #2  

I tried some hypnosis CDs years ago. I still have them. I am still overweight. Hmmm.

I gave them a good, honest shot too - I listened dutifully on schedule for a while (I can't remember how long). Didn't do a darn thing. Was just wishful thinking for me, I guess. Maybe it'll work for others.
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #3  
We'll go with that!

Yea, maybe two years ago, I tried to Paul McKenna "I can make you thin" program. I can't really say I gave it a good honest shot though. I think I lasted a week listening to it before I just didn't feel like doing it any more. I had originally had it on an MP3 player and I have issues with ear buds (they hurt!) and after a while I was like "Ugh, I just want to go to sleep. I don't want to listen to this stuff and hurt my ears and then have to take the ear buds out" etc. I just didn't want to deal with it.

Of course, it also didn't help that I found his voice hysterically funny. I think I giggled through the whole thing the first time I listened to it.

Unfortunately, I don't have the CD program any more. My laptop was stolen two thanksgivings ago and the CD was in it. I'm sure the stupid kids who stole it thought "WTF?" when they opened the CD player

But now that I have my radio/cd player, I can just play the subliminal ones while I'm falling asleep. Did it last night- I actually fell asleep pretty quickly listening to all that new age ocean stuff. I guess we'll see. It can't hurt.

LR
Old 01-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

i went to a psychologist who was a hypnotist and tried it. He wasn't a great hypnotist, and I am not sure I was ever hypnotized. Also tried self-hypnosis and same thing. BUT, perhaps because I was being self aware, I did lose weight. I felt like it helped me focus on healthy eating and being mindful not to overeat or binge or engage in mindless eating. It was part of my weight loss a couple of years ago.
I regained when I gave it all up for comfort food and overeating during a very stressful time in my life. I haven't felt the need for it this time.
My sessions were covered by my health insurance, so I figured nothing to lose. I might feel differently if there was much money involved.
LIke I say, I don't think I was a good subject.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #5  
We'll go with that!

Wow, that's really cool that your insurance covered the sessions, but it sucked that you didn't get hooked up with a good hypnotist. I felt good this morning after listening to it while I slept. And I did feel mindful today about food and what i should be eating.

I wouldn't consider myself a good subject either for something like actually going to a hypnotist. I don't like the very idea of not being in control of myself. But I can handle self hypnosis. Atleast I know what ideas I'm trying to put into my head. (although I did briefly lay in bed last night listening to the CD and wondered what if I downloaded something completely bogus and am going to wake up and bark like a dog everytime the phone rings. )

LR
Old 01-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #6  
Success with TNL

Don Mannarino's Think and Lose - 55 lbs. lost - love it.
SisuInWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 259/167.5/145

Height: 5' 4"

I went to a hypnotist before a dental procedure I was nervous about and as much as I wanted it to work, it just didn't. I was very relaxed while I was there but none of the things they use to see if you are hypnotized worked on me (ie there is a balloon tied to your wrist and your hand is slowly lifting).
Luka822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:58 PM   #8  

Default It worked for me

Hi everyone! When I had a bad mindset towards weight loss I had an mp3 which I used before going to sleep. It worked for me, or at least helped me reach my goal. I still haf to stay active and watch what I was eating but my mind was kinda tricked into being more healthy. It was spooky!

Thought I would sign up as this thread came up high on google and there isn't much info out their about this subject.

Take care
x
Jenbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/180/140

Tried, no luck. Would not recommend wasting your time. Then again, maybe results vary from person to person.
AnneNewton is offline   Reply With Quote