Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 12:28 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Baby Chat Week of April 6th!!!!

Good Morning!!!!

Ms Priss is sooo snotty and coughing that she has been miserable at night if not sleeping on pillows...The cough syrup works great for about 4 hrs and then it is gone...I can suction out soo much from those nostrils!!!!She sleeps from 8-11pm..then from 11-1, 1-3, 3-4, and then 4-6..SHe gets soo hungry that she wakes up every 2 hrs now...I did a test last night...gave her just Enfamil, but the same schedule happened soo it is not the Breast milk..I think it is another growth spurt..She weighs right at 12 lbs now.....How did the Baptism go???

Lauren--what is Petey eating now?? how often???
Vicki
Old 04-06-2003, 02:38 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey!

The baptism went well! Petey was soo good, he slept most of the time, but woke up near the end of the mass, had some bottle and went back to sleep. Here's a pic:

He's eating about 5 oz. consistantly, sometimes he needs an extra oz. or two to top him off. I told Jim we're gonna have to start using the bigger bottles soon!

Last night he went to sleep around 10, slept til 5, which was actually 6, ate, went back to sleep for 3 more hrs.!! WooHoo!! I think it's cause he had a busy day yesterday, with the long drive to PA, and all the attention he got at Aunt Madah's memorial!

Have a great day!
Old 04-06-2003, 06:02 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Nothing new here today. I got all the Thank You notes done and now I am working on the announcements. I want to have everything done so when he gets here all I have to do is fill out the vital statistics and put them in the mail!!

Have a great day!!
Old 04-07-2003, 10:57 AM   #4  
LBH

Hey!

Karen- Love the nursery!! (Took me long enough to find time to check it out!) It's really cute, I love the growth chart and the little shelf!

It's my first day back at work F/T and I'm already having a bad day. Our quazi hr person wanted to talk to me, apparently one of the other pumping moms said I was in the "privacy room" for over an hour!! I said, first of all, I've never been in that room for longer than a 1/2 hr. Second, someone knocked on that door once, I said "in use" (like the sign on the door says!) and then a few minutes later said, how much longer are you gonna be, I said I'll be out in 10 min...and I was! I told the hr person, any breastfeeding mother with half a brain knows that disturbing someone while they're pumping can totally wreck a let-down!! If I'm stressed about someone waiting for the room, it's only gonna take me longer!!

I told her to ask facilities to make the room next door to it another "privacy room", and make them both proper rooms, with a sink to wash our parts, etc.!!

Grrr, this place gets me soo PO'd!!
Old 04-07-2003, 03:02 PM   #5  

Hi guys,

Lauren: Thanks!! It took me long enough to get it all together. I'm really happy with it. I'm sorry they are being so mean at work. That must make it that much harder. I guess you could get a timer and stick it outside the door. Turn it on when you go in and they will know how long you have been in there and can guesstimate how much longer you will be. Maybe someone jumped line before or after you so the first person thought you were the one in there so long.

Just biding my time now. Waiting for Alex to get here.............

Last edited by KarenK; 04-07-2003 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:57 PM   #6  

Lauren--what inconsiderate women!!!I feed and pump at 6am and then pump at noon for about 6 oz..I then pump at 4pm for another 6 or so and then breast feed the rest of the night...I am only able to pump once at work but twice if I have to stay over late...

Well..Kaylee is sick again..I picked her up from the daycare with 101 fever...She has bilateral ear infections with fluid, upper resp tract infection and sinus infection..She is on Amoxil again with Pediatex in the evening and Pedicare for the mornings..Poor baby...no chance with DH and I's allergies!!!!!I am staying home tomorrow with her and my mom will watch her on Thursday...
She is happy and smiling even sick!!!!!

Karen---Waiting with u!!! Cant wait for U to join us!!!!!

RR

My baby is 12lbs 4 oz!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2003, 04:01 PM   #7  

Hi guys,

I have not slept in the past 3 nights. It's really beginning to tell on me. I'm not terribly uncomfortable so I'm not sure why I can't sleep. Maybe my subconscious is nervous. I will be *37 WEEKS* on Friday. Wow, I never thought this time would ever get here. I'm so ready to get this over with. Alex has been so inconsistent with his moving that I get awfully nervous. Sometimes it feels like he is taking line dancing lessons and practicing the ski jump and then he'll go a couple days with hardly moving. Then I start worrying. What on earth will I be like when he gets here!!

RR: I'm so sorry that baby girl is sick again. Isn't there anything they can do for her? I have awful allergies so I'm hoping Alex gets DH's constitution!!

Lauren: How has it been going back to work? Hope things are working out well for you.

Have a great evening.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:43 PM   #8  
LBH

Hey guys,

Karen, works sucks, just because I don't wanna be here, but honestly, it's not too bad. I realize how I miss Peter terribly when I get home, but during the day, I guess I'm too busy to think about how much I miss him...I have pics of him all over my cube!!
WOW, I can't believe it's 37 wks. already!! Doesn't it just fly by?! Did you take belly shots? If not, please take them before you go into labor!! You don't have to show us if you don't want to, but it's great to look at them afterwards, to see how different you look!
Speaking of labor, are you gonna have DH come on here and post the news? I'd love it if you'd call me and let me know, and I can post it for you?! I'll re-PM you my numbers, in case you don't have them. If it's the middle of the night, you can leave a message on my cell phone.

RR, 12 lbs, 4 oz.?! What a little peanut she is!! I can't wait til our next appt. to see how much Peter weighs! Actually, he has the appt. with the Urologist on the 23rd, so I guess they'll weigh him there too? Otherwise I'll get on the scale with him and get an estimate.

Peter is laughing now!! He was laughing in his sleep the other day!! How funny is that?! Does Kaylee do that? DH gave him a bottle, he fell asleep drinking it, so DH pulled it out of his mouth. First he smiled, then he started laughing!! :lol I giggle just thinking about it. I got to see it yesterday when I came home, he had just fallen to sleep on the sofa, and he started laughing!! I wonder what those angels are whispering to him?!

The pumping situation is working out better. There's only one other girl using the room. I made up a sign in the room that basically says until Facilities comes up with a permanent solution, use the sticky pad and pen I left in here to write the time you'll be out at, and stick it on the outside of the door. So far no problems. There's a bunch of pregos around though, so I'm sure a few of them will be using the room eventually too. I sent an email to the guy that may be able to either make the decision, or have a say in the decision to make a "proper" mother's room. He thanked me for my input and said he'd look into it and get back to me. I really hope he does, and wasn't just blowing me off.

Anyway, here's some {{{healthy baby/labor vibes}}} for ya' Karen!!
Old 04-10-2003, 07:22 PM   #9  

Hi guys,

I'm still waiting!!

I do think I'm having Braxton Hicks but he is still way up high under my boobs. Sometimes I can't bend over (like to type!!) because of the way he is.

Lauren: How cute that he is laughing in his sleep!! That sounds so cute!! Glad the pumping thing is working out better. It can't be easy to pump if you feel rushed. I will take your info with me and either DH or I will contact you. Whew, that sounds sorta scary too!!

RR: 12 pounds? Wow, that seems small.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:54 AM   #10  

Good Morning!!!
I am reporting officially no sleep!!!! Yeah, I feel like **** today!!!
She was better last night..but during feeding, she had the poopie blow out!!! OMG>>>it was everywhere at 3am!!! and she just smiled and laughed and cooed as I and her bathed and changed clothes!!!! I think it was the antibiotic!!!! THen...at 3:30, we lie down in bed and she begins to cough....then comes the watery vomit all over DH, me, the pillows and the bed!!!!SHe just grins!!! We change every thing and then she knows we are up and we want to play!!! She grins, giggles, spits and laughs for the next hour!!! Now, I am up dressing AND GUESS WHO IS SNOOZING DOWN????????
I have to say....it is worth it!!!!but I AM EXHAUSTED!!!!
Dh and I laugh that we are gonna go to a bed and breakfast for our anniversary without kids and we will sleep and forget sex!!!!
She is 25 inches long soo she is tall and thin!!! but eats like a horse..SHe is on 1 tlbs rice cereal twice a day and it is soo funny to feed her..It gets everywhere and she tries to grab the spoon to shove it in!!!!

Off to work!! I am seriously looking for a job next week...I was stuck at work until 6pm yesterday and I hate it....Everything that was "suppose" to happen when I returned didnt..the hours have changed etc etc and being what I do for a living...there are jobs everywhere!!!!

Lauren--Glad things are better!!!
Karen--U R FULL TERM NOW!!!!!!!YEah!!!!
Vicki
Old 04-11-2003, 07:03 PM   #11  

Hi guys,

I had my non-stress test today. It took him forever to move. He just wouldn't move!! I ate 1/2 chocolate bar and drank a bottle of OJ. Then in the car on the way home he was dancing a jig and playing catch. Little turkey!! Anyhow, the doctor says I'm no where close to being ready. I know that means nothing.

RR: Good luck finding a new job. I know there are nursing shortages everywhere.

Hope you guys have had wonderful days!!
Old 04-12-2003, 01:22 AM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

Karen, figures he was quiet! Peter did the same thing, took forever.

Vicki, sorry you're not getting sleep! Hope the poor thing gets better soon! Geez, we've gotta make a mini plastic bubble for her to match yours!! I hear ya' on those midnight poops! Peter was soo gassy yesterday, pushing and crying, then when he woke up at 4:30 AM, he had this ball of poop in the diaper! I was like, so that's what you were working on!!

DH brought Peter into the office this afternoon. So we rolled him around and showed him off. He was a good boy, slept most of the time, but I wanted a hug, so I picked him up and he woke up. He was happy though.
Old 04-12-2003, 08:25 AM   #13  

Hello....I am up this morning with #2...She gets up and wakes us up for 6am..Kaylee ate and is sleeping..Much better night...she woke up at 3-4hour intervals!! YEAH!!!! Poor DH...I was stuck at work untill 7pm...IT was a horrible day....I call home and he is trying to cook, K is screaming..T is hollaring for Barney tape..he cant find the playtex nurser to put the frozen milk in etc etc..It was funny..when I get home..he said how much more he appreciates all I do cuz it isnt easy with 2 screaming kids cooking.
HELLO>>DO IT DAILY!!!! LET ME QUIT AND IT WONT HAPPEN!!hehehe Hmmmmm..I will volunteer to stay late!!!!hahaha
I had to pump just to give me pain relief soo I could get a pt ready for surgery....

Well..off to the healthclub....and then pics with the Easter Bunny at work!!!!

I hear about "Kaylee is too small", "Do U feed her enough?" WE are so worried that U R not feeding her right soo she will not be fat" etc etc...I say..if she eats like she does..every 3 hours, eats her cereal twice a day..sleeps 3-4hrs without crying and is happy all the time except for the snotts then she is eating enough..My pedi is not worried about anything...Hey..I am only 5'1 soo maybe she will be petit and tall like daddy!!!!
Have a great day all!!!
RR
Old 04-12-2003, 02:13 PM   #14  

Hi guys,

Well, I went and got the Medela PIS today. I went ahead and got it from BRU with some gift certificates I had. I decided it came out to the same price and if there's a problem I can take it back. Only to find out during checkout that I have to call the company if it doesn't work!! Oh well.

Question: What storage bags do you like? I got a pack of gerber and a pack of Medela just to have them to try. I also looked at storage bottles but that seems like so much more work with sterilizing and all.

RR: As long as the pedi isn't concerned and K is happy, poopies on everyone else.

Lauren: Too cool that Petey was able to visit your office. I don't think I want Alex at the hosp. Too many germs floating around there. I will take him in for one visit once he has his vaccines. Unless the pedi says it's ok for him to go sooner.

Whew, I think I need a nap. Hope you guys are having a great day.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:12 PM   #15  
LBH

Hi Guys!

Karen, Gerbers are great, with the ziplock closure. Take the medela ones back, they're overpriced and you can't freeze them flat because you have to twist tie them! How much were the Gerber bags at BRU? I paid 5.97 or something like that at WalMart...thought they were 6.99 at BRU. I wish they made them in larger than 25 packs.

RR, I'm sure Kaylee is growing just fine...you're right, she's just petite like you! Glad DH got his dose!!

We had Peter outside in his stroller for awhile today while we cleaned the shed out. He screamed for a little while, but finally the warm breeze got the best of him and he passed out. We went to have our taxes done at H&R Block and he slept through that, then dinner at Lonestar Steakhouse. He woke up just as we were finished eating. Gave him a bottle while I pumped when we got home, and put him in bed at 9:40. He went to sleep pretty quickly.

One of the ladies on the baby board I post at was saying to get your baby on a schedule, put him in bed when you want him to go to bed, say 9, or whatever. It may take a week or so for him to get the hint, but he'll realize that's bedtime. I'm going to try this, because I don't want him to get into the habit of being rocked to sleep.
Closed Thread