South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 04:05 AM   #1  
Mous

Smile SBD Daily Chat for Jan 14h

Good MORNING!

to our new friends and members.

So here it is Friday. The start to the weekend. Let's remember that we don't have permission to indulge in weekend goodies unless you have them in your plan. We can get through the temptations by calling a friend, going for a walk, drinking some water or green tea and by posting here.

We have to go out and get a car battery for our neighbor's car and to the bank so I will tell Lou to park far from the door and I will shop the outside of the food aisles!

This week has been a little harder mind wise for me as I am hearing my tummy say you are hungry! What? Afternoons are my hardest time as I want to graze. I no longer here the kitchen calling my name!

You ladies are so awesome. Remember that by posting you inspire us to keep coming back.

Bye for now, Marcie

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 01-14-2011 at 04:24 AM. Reason: added more
Old 01-14-2011, 06:01 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good Morning

Marcie, I'm sorry you've struggled this week. The thing I love about SBD is that I never have to be hungry. I have a cheese stick and a can of v8 or raw veggies and Laughing Cow cheese or hommus when I get home every afternoon. But of course hunger isn't always the cause of wanting to graze - I am a big time stress eater and will often shove food into my mouth when I'm not the least bit hungry.

I did get out on snowshoes yesterday afternoon. It was nearly dark so we weren't out long, maybe 25 minutes tops - but we were both starting to feel it by the time we unstrapped the snowshoes so it was just as well. LOL

I've got my well woman check this morning, and then I'll join a teacher training day already in progress. Neither is my favorite way to spend a Friday. But I'm hoping to get some snowshoeing in this afternoon so that will be my high point.

I need to check out new posts and then hit the shower and weigh myself. I've got my fingers crossed.

Have a terrific Friday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-14-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 AM   #3  
Mous

Fingers crossed, Heidi and ty.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Marcie and Heidi.

Yesterday I worked through lunch and sure felt it by 4 PM. I ended up snacking on the last of the Laughing Cow and some ryevita crackers which held me until 7 when it was officially suppertime.

Big and busy day today so I won't linger. Right now I need to get some breakfast and throw myself through the shower as it's my driving day for gym. See y'all later.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:15 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Ruth, why do your posts always make me feel lazy?
Enjoy your big and busy day!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:20 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all. Made it through another day yesterday and it was a bad one - not food wise (somehow, I wasn't even tempted to cheat with food or drink) but otherwise. A meeting turned into a screaming match between all participants (about 10) and I slammed the door as I left and walked out of the office early. Luckily my direct supervisor walked with me (she had not been in the meeting), talked me down and promised to back me up and talk to the overall head of our department about what happened. Honestly, I don't behave like that in the rest of my life! I guess that's what working for an "institution of higher learning" will get you.

Then my husband came home with the available vacation choices for this year - all his vacation at his job goes by seniority - and basically there was nothing. NADA. We'll have to pull my son out of school for at least a week if we want to go anywhere as a family.

THEN got a phone call from the husband of a couple who have been my parents closest friends for years (like 30 years). My parents moved out of the city a couple of years ago but they would still see this couple whenever they came it, etc. Apparently they haven't returned the husbands calls or emails for weeks and did not send a Christmas card. He was concerned that they were ok and my honest answer to him was that I was very concerned about them and their physical and mental well being. We are going up there this weekend as you all know, so I will explore this issue further.

Despite all this, for some reason I can't phathom, I'm feeling very strong and secure, and clear. I wasn't even tempted to go off plan or buy wine last night which is amazing and unreal. But, can I get some good vibes sent to me for whatever will happen at work today? Luckily the antagonist at the meeting yesterday has resigned and is leaving in two weeks, so I'm not even sure why she was given a forum to speak (shout).

Hope everyone has a great day. Don't forget about those good vibes.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #7  
Mous

Ruth enjoy your day at the dym but do slow down just a tad.

{{hugs}} Matilda
Old 01-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

No time for personals... but Matilda.

It is finally surgery day. I need to go shower now with anti-bacterial soap. Heading out at 6:30; surgery is schedule for 8:45. Should be home by lunchtime, I am guessing. Glad I did not have dreams about it last night! Catch you all when I can.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:32 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Karen, good luck! I'll send some good vibes your way, but I'm sure everything will go fine.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:47 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Karen, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers today.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Karen, I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers today. I hope all goes well, and soon you'll be on the road to recovery.

Marcie, I think we all get those days when we just want to eat all day. I use the same tactics as Heidi to see me through, and I also like to have roasted chickpeas handy to snack on.

Heidi, just keep thinking, "It's FRIDAY!", to help get through your day. How's Fergie doing these days?

Matilda, I hope you get the situation between your parents and your neighbors sorted out, and I hope it's a calmer day at work today. That's a real bummer about the vacation time. We've often had to change our plans in the past, too.

Ruth, so what do you have planned, besides the gym, for this very special day?

So, it's ended up being a short week for me, as I have the day off today. I did tell Cindy to call me if she needs me, but I doubt if she will, unless an emergency comes in. I don't have anything special planned, except for the tidying up the house and doing laundry, and I'll probably run over to the supermarket for some salad makings. I may even try to grab a short nap this afternoon.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:58 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

LadyWindsong, thanks for such an uplifting message this morning! I don't remember much about P1 but do remember being hungry during my second week. Do whatever you need to do to get through it. I'm rarely hungry any more.

Karen, I'll be thinking of you and a successful surgery this morning.

Matilda(mmckellen), sorry for a super rough day, but congrats for not eating over it. Perhaps the antagonist will just not show-or be put back in her place.

Ruth, kudos for gymming on your birthday!

Heidi, hope your day passes quickly!

TallandThin, Hope you're doing ok at DD's!

Me, gotta get something done here before the troops decide it's time to rise! Pool and who knows what else!

Linda(cottagebythesea), glad to hear you got today off! Write that nap in and enjoy it!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-14-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning friends Wow, there's a lot going on out there.

Marcie - What Heidi said, if you are hungry grab a healthy snack. I'm a nibbler so struggle with that all the time. Some days I have to allow nibbles, pink lady apples, clementines and carrot sticks are all favorites. Happy almost weekend!

Heidi - Good thing it's Friday I' m tossing my snow shoes in the car. My Mom is tutoring Monday morning so maybe I'll sneak out for a walk in the woods.
I wish DW liked it better.

Ruth - It's definitely a big day Hope lots of it is fun. I'll tip my wine glass in your direction tonight.

Mathilda - Sounds like you are putting one foot in front of the other and just doing what needs to be done. I'll be thinking of you this weekend. If you get a minute let us know how it's going

Karen- Good luck today. In just a few hours it will be done and you will be on the way back to 100%.

Cottage - Hooray for long weekend Enjoy your down time

I'm off to my parents for a long weekend. DD will be there tomorrow night too so it will be a late family holiday thing. I hope to get all the information about high speed internet there. DW will get it all set-up when we are there for the big anniversary.

I finally had the talk yesterday and I did quit. My supervisor was great and really supportive and I learned she actually quit a few months ago for similar reasons and adjustments were made. Not a big surprise there were many "we need you on this campaign" "you're doing wonderful/amazing/really great work" and "we will make any adjustments we need to to make this work" from the organization's director and my supervisor. Based on that last one alone I agreed to meet with my direct supervisor (the one person I actually trust) and the organization director to talk about ways to change my job to make it more manageable. Some options include switching to 4 days, removing a county (I have three) or shifting some of my direct responsibilities to other staff and giving me more planning/campaign-wide tasks (like professional development and outreach to "big" targets. I've already been doing some of that). I am clear about the things I need so it should be an interesting conversation. Looks like we will meet Thurs. or Fri. which gives me lots of time to get really clear on what will and won't work for me. When it comes to trust it's not that A is a bad person, it's just that he works crazy hours and is really committed to the work. It's hard for people like that to realize they have unreasonable expectations for other people.

I started the day by spilling coffee and my keyboard is a little funky. I"ll try to get back later

ETA hi Debbie

Okay, turns out that when I took my keyboard apart the shift key went on wrong. All is well, I think

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-14-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hellooooooooooooooo out there! I'm recommitting myself to a healthier lifestyle and I'm going to try to check in for some encouragement and fun. Good news is I didn't gain anything over Thanksgiving/Christmas/vacation but the bad news is I didn't lose anything either. Now that all of the food friends brought us after the baby and all of the Christmas cookies are gone, I am making a concerted effort to stay on track food-wise. Wednesday went well except for dinner (had rice noodles but that was the only off-plan food), yesterday was great except I don't think I got the full 4.5 cups of veggies, and today is going terrific so far. I am trying to hop into a Phase 2 since the baby is nursing and I don't want to mess with my supply.

Marcie, keep strong! Maybe have some fresh veggies on hand for when you want to just snack on something?

Heidi, I hope your appointment and training both go well and that the weather is perfect for your snowshoeing!

Ruth, be safe driving! Do you have a lot of snow?

Matilda, hugs and good vibes for a tolerable day at work today. I hope everything goes well at your parents' this weekend, too!

Karen, good luck!

Linda, I did laundry today, too. Must be laundry day! Have a wonderful, relaxing day and enjoy your salad!

Debbie, enjoy your dip in the pool!

Cyndi, I'm sorry your work situation has come to a head like this but I hope that now that they realize you're really serious they can make the right adjustments.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 226/147.5/135

Height: 5'5

Good morning! I am new to 3fatchicks and have been lurking for a few days. I really like the daily chat and would like to participate, if that is ok! I have been doing south beach for about a month and am currently in the middle of phase 1. Unfortunately, phase 2 started the week of Christmas and I did not make the best of choices. I will this time!

I'm a teacher, wife, and mother of 2. My son, James Jr. (aka Jamey) turned 4 Wed, and my daughter Lexi, is 20 months. I am very blessed! My husband was trying to do South Beach with me and started on Monday. After last nights discussion with him, I'm not sure he will be continuing. We shall see what today brings.

Tomandkara, congrats on the baby and not gaining over the holidays!

Cyndi, I hope all works out with your job! It must have been hard to make that first step!

Lexxis, Don't you just love the calm before the storm? I love my morning time!

Cottage, Enjoy your day off!

Waistingtime (Karen?), Good luck today! You will be in my thoughts!

Matilda, As a stress eater and definite stress wine drinker myself, CONGRATS on not falling prey! I am definitely sending good vibes your way for work today. Confrontations like that are extremely stressful and wear on your physically and mentally! I hope you got some sleep last night and best of wishes today!

Ruth, Have fun today!

Heidi, Don't you just hate teacher trainings?? I'd rather be with the kids at their worst! LOL

LadyWingSong, Thanks for your awesome post. It's what inspired me to stop lurking! I need to remember I do not have permission to blow it this weekend just because it is the weekend! Thanks!

Have a great day everyone!

Teri
Closed Thread