Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 03:28 PM   #1  
Velvet Goddess

S/C/G: 297/250/126

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've been MIA lately. I have been busy, and you know... stuff. I love my internship! It is so much fun! I even got a free CD (PINK, I love her!) I have been doing stuff for the promotions director, the prizes, and calling to have the station vans worked on, stuff like that. I did get to observe one of the DJs for an hour, he was so sweet, he explained everything that he was doing. The people are all so nice. I love it so far! I was told I'll even get to go on the air in a couple of weeks! Yay!
Old 02-01-2003, 08:56 PM   #2  

Velvet, that sounds so great! I am really happy for you - you deserve it all!

Love, Lidian
Old 02-02-2003, 07:51 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Velvet, I'm so glad that things are going well for you!!
Old 02-02-2003, 12:19 PM   #4  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Sounds like you are having so much fun!!!
Old 02-02-2003, 12:27 PM   #5  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Velvet
Good for you girl! Sounds like so much fun. I too think PINK is a littel cutie. Glad you are so happy right now. Take care of you.
Virginia
Old 02-03-2003, 09:31 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey Velvet! Sounds like you are having a blast at the radio station-I bet you can't wait to go on air-how exciting!
Old 04-09-2003, 01:18 PM   #7  

Default anybody out there?

hey all. i know there hasn't been much going on here for a while, but i figured i'd peek on in...

am currently on metformin for PCOS as well... wasn't there a PCOS thread on here someplace?

was on paxil for a while, till they figured out that i'm bi-polar, and not just depressed. was on Wellbutrin, and that worked pretty good, but i've been off of it for a while. (stupid States and thier no compassion for those of us who don't have insurance) but... because of the "diabetes" (insulin resistance, from the bloody PCOS) and a confirmed bi-polar diagnonsense, i qualify for state medical... sooooo.... it's to the dr. friday. hope it'll help.... quite honestly, my coming back to the list was a kick in the *** for me as i came out of a really, really bad down spot. i've left the house like, 6 times in the last month. lost my job and everything, simply because i couldn't cope with it anymore. thank god for DBF... (a new one, girlies... not the prior idiot) he's tremendously supportive, and has worked really hard to help me out of it without ever telling me to just "get over it".

so... thoughts? comments? those little chocolates that i like so much? *g*

Old 04-09-2003, 01:35 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Yikes! I'm DEFINITELY subscribed to THIS thread!! No one's been here for a while...

Shel, what a dreadful time you've been having... I'm so sorry, sweetie.
Ummm, I know that Sojo is PCOS, and I think a couple of others are, too. Girls... ?
Bi-polar... what a trip for you. I'm so glad to hear you've got a new (and supportive!) BF, Shel! And I'm sure it was necessary/fate... losing your job. You can't possibly deal with your health while you're working. This is obviously a big turning point in your life, but that doesn't mean it's bad. You're going to get it together again, and you're going to be even stronger for the journey.
I hope you've got a great doctor to go to tomorrow. And if not, don't be afraid to look around for another one. My DH works with adults (including his wife, the poor darling ) with mental health issues like bi-polarism, schizophrenia, depression, etc, and one thing you don't want is to have "clashing personalities" with your health care workers. Find one that works for you, Shel!

love, hugs, and prayers, Shel...
Old 04-09-2003, 01:41 PM   #9  

thanks, el.

my doctor is great... she's the one that "officially" diagnosed the PCOS after i read about it in a magazine.... she spent a lot of her own time doing research on it, so we could start the right treatment. she is a godsend, that's for sure.

Old 04-10-2003, 01:56 AM   #10  

Sorry you have beenhaving such a rough time Shel. This winter has been pretty rough for me too. I've been sleeping a lot, but usually at all the wrong times. I'm on Paxil for depression/anxiety and I know what you mean about health care coverage. We have to pay for half of our premiums because DH is considered a part time employee even though he teaches twice as many classes as a full timer. But without the expensive coverage I wouldn't be able to afford the meds.

Glad to hear you got rid of the old BF (If I remember correctly he was a JERK!)
The new one sounds lovely and supportive.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:40 AM   #11  

*waves to Dent* yeah... there's no happy medium, you know? hope the Paxil is helping.... they tried it with me for a while, before the bi-polar diagnosis came in. *hugs*

it's sunny today!

and yeah.... the other one was SUCH a jerk. very bad for me. Phil is a godsend...
Old 04-10-2003, 11:45 AM   #12  
a brave new me...

Unhappy Ughhh...

I don't know what my problem is... I'm feeling crappy again and I just returned from vacation. Of course, its been dark and snowy all week... certainly doesn't help things. AND it doesn't help that I've been eating crap for a week and a half. I swear I will never be a normal, happy, functioning person. I will probably feel better in a couple of days, which is usually what happens. Depression really sucks.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:57 PM   #13  

*hugs* we all have them, So. and we're here for you.

Old 04-10-2003, 07:03 PM   #14  

Today was really nice here, but DS #2 came home sick, so I didn't get out except to drive DS #1 around (talent show tryout-they played an MC5 number!!)
Old 04-10-2003, 07:49 PM   #15  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Shel is right. We all have those days, and they will eventually get better. Do something that makes you feel good. And remember it is almost spring...

Besides who wants to be normal?? Happy yes, normal - never!
Closed Thread