Old 01-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

Default Snowed in in Georgia with too many carbs!

The snow storm in the southeast has had us snowed in since Sunday night. Hopefully the roads will thaw some tomorrow and I can work at least half a day. The kids have cabin fever and I seem to be drawn to all things carbohydrate. I'm like a bear hibernating for winter. I'm declaring right now that my carb and calorie intake will be drastically reduced from this point. We need our routine back.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/265/140

Height: 5'6

We've been stuck in the house here too! I definitely had an off day today and ate way to much! Fortunately I was outside all morning shoveling the driveway. Is there anything you can do to keep yourself occupied for the remaining time? Shoveling, cleaning, playing with the kids outside? Once I got myself out of the house this morning I wasn't at all distracted by all the food that my aunt stockpiled in preparation for the weather. It was only later when I was inside with little to do that my grazing kicked in.
birdtostone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #3  

Same boat here! It's awful!

I've got to find something to do tomorrow to get out of the house and into a more productive frame of mind.
UAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Oh yeah. I'm definitely with y'all! I walked around my neighborhood yesterday for a little, but it was still pretty icy and therefore dangerous to my accident-prone self. Plus, I really dislike the cold.

Snacking has been tempting, and I've given in with 100 cal microwave popcorn and diet hot chocolate, but thankfully haven't gone over daily cals. Planning my day in advance has been a lifesaver for that.

I've also been more active on 3FC than I ever have before!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #5  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm in Athens, GA and I've been stuck in the house since Sunday. It doesn't help that I hurt my back and can't do anything but take meds and wish for pizza. I've tried really hard to stick to my calories, but with no exercise my weight is creeping up. There is sunshine outside so maybe this stuff will melt and tomorrow I can attempt to get my aching self over to the gym for a light workout. Lord knows my mood needs the exercise as much as my body.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #6  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

I'm here in Birmingham Alabama been iced in since Sunday. I have felt like I was starving I'm keeping an eye on my calories and I am still on plan but just so so hungry. Maybe today we can get out a little while and go somewhere. That way I can move around and shake off this hibernation feeling. I can't wait for Spring and warm weather again.
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #7  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I'm in NY, and got about 13 inches of snow last night, which is not the first time this has happened this winter, and won't be the last.

How I get through shut-in days is by setting rules.

Feeding times are based on the clock. And only on the clock. Snacks, too. Nothing in between. Not a bite, not a lick, not a taste. Water's always free, of course, and some sugarfree gum chewing.

Leaving the house at least once a day is critical, and two or three times is even better. Even if it's to check the bird feeder. Or break a path to the mailbox. You need to break out of that jailed feeling & see a bigger world & remember access is only temporarily closed-off.

Human contact is essential. (Where I grew up, a place which got 72 inches of snow in December alone, one checks up on elderly neighbors & offers to help shovel off roofs so they don't collapse.) Call someone, walk over to a neighbor briefly. It can't just be the Internet. For some reason, that keeps me even more inward, when what I want is outwardness & anything that breaks the "caged" feeling.

Even a small, timid car excursion can help, if it's reasonably safe. I'm saying be a big brave girl -- but don't do anything stupid.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Ugh, nothing makes me feel "hungrier" than boredom. I keep telling myself it's not real hunger, and it's not, but it sure feels like it is.

Still on plan through lunch. Taking this hour by hour. And I WILL work out today!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/235.6/150

Height: 5'5

I'm in California, and I have no excuse not leave home. XD
ubercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Finally back at work today, two hour delay but at least I finally got to leave the house!! Whew, I thought I was the only one who ate too much, and way too much bad stuff. . . Forward goes a better day!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

I live in Saskatchewan Canada, where we have lots of snow, and intense cold. Today's particularly bad for cold (-30C...-22F), so i spent the first 1/2 the day cutting up veggies for a labour intensive (but healthy) curry meal.

I HATE prepping veggies, but with it being such an ugly day out, it's a perfect time to do it. Is there anything like that you can do? pre-prep for supper?
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Lots of good ideas and suggestions. Thanks for that. I was able to get to work for the afternoon and that helped. Planning will always be key and the sooner I stop resisting it, the better off I'll be :-)
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #13  
I love Bichons

S/C/G: 256/215/165

Height: 5'6"

We have two feet here! :-)
shanara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

No snow in south Texas. Quit hogging it all!
The Last Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #15  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Snow is pretty routine for me but honestly anytime I'm "shut in" due to sickness, weather, car in shop, etc. I have to watch for bored eating. On " normal" days I eat at certain times so I try and maintain those meal times or at least the same spacing of meals. Sometimes I use it as a chance to try new recipes or fancy recipes to keep me occupied. Chewing gum works too. Glad to hear that weather conditions are improving.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote