General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

Default Healthy Trim

I heard an long commerical/infomerical on the radio this morning during my favorite morning show and it was the most insane thing I think I've ever heard!

They were saying that healthy trim is a natural diet supplement that promotes a healthy lifestyle without ever changing your diet! They say that you don't have to change your life to lose weight and that the reason that many people fail at diets is because they can't change the way they eat.

The founder guy was saying that it was too hard for him to follow meal plans or shake diets and this is the only thing that ever worked for him. He said before he would eat 3 helpings of mashed potatoes and just couldn't help himself and now with healthy trim he can eat whatever he wants and has kept the weight off for X number of years. Then he talked about diet sodas and how you think that you can drink as much of them as you want but he learned about how unhealthy they are. (So now he's talking about changing the way you eat...right?)

Apparently Mario Lopez's wife was the "celebrity" endorser and she was saying she didn't want to wait 9 months for the baby weight to come off and how she lives a very healthy lifestyle but she didn't want to change her life to lose the weight and wait for so long. She said that it's all about portion control and healthy trim teaches you that (although more than once they said that it's not a diet plan or has anything to do with a meal plan).

I don't know if I did a good job of explaining what I heard or not because it was all over the road and I have no idea what healthy trim is supposed to be. I don't want it. Don't need it. But it was just the strangest thing to hear. Nothing made sense. It didn't fit together at all. Has anyone else heard this info/commercial? I hope so because I want to know if I just needed more coffee or was their explanation soooooooooooooooooooooooo unconvincing? I was wondering what poor soul was listening to it and not confused and will buy it today. I know there are many but....OK I'm done. I just had to vent and get that out!

http://journeytosix.blogspot.com
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #2  

People will sell a lot of crap, and what's more fun is that other people will buy it.

Have you SEEN the "Will It Work?" folder here at 3FC?
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

LOL! No I haven't seen it. I'll look at it. It was just weird that they were trying to promote something and it made no sense AT ALL! I just boggled my mind.
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote