South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-12-2011, 12:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default SBD Daily Chat for Wednesday Jan 12th

Good Wednesday morning to ya, ladies. Little Jaxon and his mama came home from the hospital yesterday on what was supposed to be the day Jaxon was going to be taken initially (mommy's BP got a little out of hand, so he had to be taken a few days early). Me and the roomie stopped by early in the morning to decorate the house for their homecoming...they were completely surprised. I dropped back by later to drop off the fleece blanket I made for Jaxon and got to hold him a little longer. He's such a good baby...very little crying and that was only when mama was rubbing all that cold lotion on him...mean old mama!!!

Here's my personals from yesterday's thread:

Fluffymama - Good job on preparing for your long stay...I've found that is the only way to avoid completely caving to off-plan foods. Sorry you're stuck at work for a couple of days...I know that's not the #1 thing on your list of things you want to be doing right now, LOL Hope you get to leave soon!!!

Cyndi - The coffee pots w/ the grinder always sound like a plane getting ready to take off to me. SO LOUD...but boy does it make for some delicious, fresh-tasting coffee. YUM!!! I love snow and was hoping to get at least a couple of inches...but this ice stuff is for the birds!!! In my 34 years we have never had anything like that here...and my poor little Corolla didn't like it ONE bit!!! Is your sister-in-law (did I get that right???) just afraid of flying or is there another reason??? I used to be terrified until I finally flew for the first time. I was so nervous I gave myself a nosebleed right in the airport, LOL Funny thing is, I looooooooooove to fly now!!! Hope your plans for the trip go off w/o a hitch...what a nice present!!!

Mmckellen - Awwww, Veronica wanted a little girl SO bad but alas she now has 3 little boys, LOL Seems to be a run on baby boys lately...everybody I know had a boy except for 1. Have fun shopping for your niece...it's so much fun shopping for little girls!!! Hope your soon feels better soon!!!

Cottage - Thanks!!! Most of the ice melted away today and the roads are looking much better. I think I'll be okay to get to work tonight. I only have 1 route from home to work that isn't full of hills and even that is debatable and WAY out of my way to travel. Thankfully it looks like I won't have to deal w/ that. Hope you made it home before the storm hit!!! Stay safe!!!

Heidi - Yanno, I had never heard of SUA until Veronica told me about the problem w/ her pregnancy. Apparently it's pretty common. Who knew??? So glad little Hannah was born healthy as well!!! I think some of the advancements in technology are super cool (the 4D sonograms are frigging AMAZING!!!) but sometimes it's too much of a good thing, yanno??? As for the weather, things are just about back to normal now. Most of the ice has melted away...it was constantly dropping from the power lines and rooftops today. Congrats on your weight getting back to where it's supposed to be...yay!!!

Laneebm - Oooh, I hope y'all are enjoying the cold in LA. I tell ya, for years and years I have complained about the humidity in GA. I was in New Orleans for the EMS Expo the weekend that Katrina hit and I have NEVER IN MY LIFE felt such humidity. As soon as I would walk out of my hotel, my jeans and hair would be soaked in sweat. OMG, I don't know how y'all deal w/ it!!!

Beloved - I don't know about you, but it's normal for me to weigh in the morning (nekkid, of course, LOL) at one weight and, by the end of the night, to weigh in 5 or 6 pounds heavier. Sometimes as much as 9 pounds heavier!!! Good luck figuring out what's going on w/ your scale. I don't have that particular type, so I'm afraid I'm no help to you.

LuckyDVL - Oh wow...a rotation in postpartum would be SO sweet!!! I could hold babies all day long. I love how the smell when they've just had a bath and they are all lotioned up and smelling good. So sweet!!! I don't want any of my own, but I do love them. So glad to hear your headaches are gone!!!

uscarchie - Oh wow, a half marathon...that's awesome!!! Good luck w/ your training!!!

Heidi - SF gum is one of my ways to keep me from overindulging in foods like I used to, as well. I've never had a problem w/ it making me gassy...but then again, I'm a fairly gassy person anyway, LOL Sorry, TMI, I know.

Anyway, I reckon it's off to the gym for me since I'm able to get out on the road tonight. I've been playing on the Kinect for the past few days to get some exercise in, but I've been missing my treadmill and elliptical, for sure!!! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:11 AM   #2  
Mous

Morning
LADY WINDSONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:49 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'm up early...went to bed at 7:30 last night. As I touched down here yesterday, I didn't get to mention I had a 2 hr. dentist appt scheduled. I needed 3 crowns (ouch$$) and wanted to do it all at once. I'm on the mend, thankfully.
Our star sighting of the week was R. Gere at the pool. He didn't get mobbed and just faded into the fog when he started getting noticed. Being so close to Aspen it actually happens fairly often.
Today I'll go to the club early for a land aerobics then have coffee with the ladies before meeting DH at the pool. I got a screamin' deal on a Fisher and Paykel double dishdrawer at our Habitat Thrift Store. $35 for a $1100. machine. We're installing it today.
I'm off to finish reports so I can breathe again. It took over an hour yesterday am to find my mistake which is why I didn't get here.

Natasha, thanks for getting us started! Jaxon is adorabe! Hope your weather is improving.

LadyWindsong, Good Morning! I'm curious, at this hour are you getting up or going to bed? Sadly, I'm always getting up. I was glad to hear your DH was impressed with his WL , as his staying motivated will help you, too.

Like Natasha, personals from yesterday….I feel bad I haven't gotten here for more than a moment for the past few days. At least I checked in, it does keep me accountable.

Fluffymama, I hope you can keep checking in while you're stuck at work! It sounds like you're making the best of a bad situation.

Cyndi, I've been looking for a S/S mug with a carabiner. I hope your talk went well at work. I had been thinking that it was not turning out like you had thought it would. I hope you're weathering the storm.

Matilda(Mmckellen), identifying your triggers AND coming up with a plan is so helpful. I hope your days are smooth until the weekend since being with the parents will be so difficult.

Linda(cottagebythesea), I hope you made it home.

Heidi, lol for editing "too many smileys!" Sorry to hear you have family stuff weighing heavy on your mind.

Karen(WaistingTime), "sleeping beauties" lol! Bitter cold here , too, but considerably warmer today.

Ruth, kudos for taking a day off from desk work. Hope all your "stuff" is moving in the right direction.

Lanee, welcome! Glad you are posting with us.

tanner'smom, thanks for checking in.

BelovedK, hope your scale issue has resolved. Mine did that when it needed a new battery.

AmyKitKat, I take it you're from Wisconsin.

LuckyDVL, thanks for reporting in that your headaches disappeared AND that you are having so much energy. That extra energy will help you with studying!

Lisa(Weezle), I can't imagine your little car as a snow plow.

Pearlrose, glad to hear you're doing so well.

uscarchie, I hope you're feeling better today. I'm wondering when your half marathon is??

As our sticky says, personals aren't required. I felt bad-I didn't even get to read yesterday...this helps me catch up with everyone!

Have a great OP day!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Lexxiss - Ooooh my, 3 crowns at once??? You're a brave woman!!! Hope your mouth isn't feeling too sore. And a double "oooooh my" for a Richard Gere sighting. I don't care...that man will still be gorgeous at 100 years old!!! YUM!!! Awesome deal on the dishdrawer. I've never heard of those before, so I had to google it...now I want one!!! LOL As for my weather...well, when I left the gym this morning my trunk was frozen shut. Thankfully I just turned the heat on full blast, drove to Kroger, and by the time I got there I was able to force it open by hand. I couldn't even do THAT at the gym!!! LOL
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:29 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Natasha, glad you got the trunk open. Speaking of trunks, my Sis keeps running into P. Brosnan on Kauai. Last week he parked next to her and actually asked her name. They shook hands, he left and Sis locked her keys in the trunk and had to call AAA. Guess he's pretty handsome in person, too.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:54 AM   #6  
Mous

Lex great find. So fun. I am getting up at this hour. 3 crowns there goes about $1500!
Enjoy the pool.

Natasha, thanks for getting us started!

Old 01-12-2011, 05:54 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What a chatty bunch! I'm going to have to follow my own sticky this morning and just say "Hi" as I have a report to run off before Donna shows up at 7:10 to drive the the gym. We had snow overnight so I'm glad it's her turn. I hate shoveling in the dark to get my car out!

By the way, never leave your printer when printing a big report. Last night the ink ran out at page 21 and it just kept printing ghost pages. Grrr!

That's my hint for the day along with drink water and eat veggies!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #8  
Mous

Excellent advice on all accounts, Ruth, Enjoy your day.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:08 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADY WINDSONG View Post
Excellent advice on all accounts, Ruth, Enjoy your day.
Ditto, Ruth! I just finished sending my two reports via email, but have to go get Black printer ink. I've been printing my drafts in purple.

BTW-a personal trainer was giving us a nutrition lecture after water aerobics yesterday...she said nobody ate healthy breakfasts and nobody eats enough raw veggies. We were happy to report to her that we DID get more than enough veggies every day and that we DID have a healthy breakfast. Yay! SBD! Oh...better get some water.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:09 AM   #10  
Mous

YES we DO!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Lexiss ****jealous*** about that dishwasher! Is it the one two drawers, one of top of the other **drooling**. Our building was built in the 1950s, and all apartments, even ones of a generous size overall, were built with galley style kitchens in those days. Cooking was something the maid did, so who cares how much space she had? Our d/w is full sized, but we have a special fridge that is counter depth (flatter than most) but taller than most. It has the freezer on the bottom which was an absolute requirement for me. Now I can see all the food in the fridge part without bending down.

Enough about kitchen appliances. I made it through last night, but picked at my husband for talking through a movie we were watching AND snapped at my son for coming out of his room too many times. I'm coming down with the bad cold my son had AND pmsing and dreading the weekend. I apologized to my husband after. At least I didn't cheat! No wine or carbs!

We got snow, but it is not really bad and seems to have stopped now. Public schools are open, and the institution of higher learning where I work is open as well. The thought of being trapped at home with my son, who hasn't left the house since Saturday except to go to the doctor, sent shivers down my spine. I expect they'll have a fun day at school though.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:18 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone. I read yesterday but didn't post. I am going stir crazy here!! We are out of school again today for the 3rd day! Goodbye spring break!
The sledding has been good, though! I have also stayed on plan...which is good for me because boredom is a trigger for me to overeat! Luckily the house was well stocked with good stuff that is on plan! I made the refried bean soup yesterday and it was really yummy!

Natasha- that little boy is presh...SOMETIMES I really miss those baby days, I need a friend like yours to get my fix!

McKellan- good job on staying on plan....I had wanted to go to WW yesterday and get the materials for Points Plus but there was no meeting due to the weather. Right now there's no joining fee so I wanted to go and get the kit so when Phase 1 is over I can start counting points along with SB on Phase 2.

Lexxis- I don't even have a dishwasher! I am beyond jealous!

Hey Ruth, and Ladywindsong.....Hope you have a great day today!
litar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning ladies (and any lurking men); happy hump day

Debbie - I've been missing you! Crowns - double ouch.

So... I think I may actually head over to a WW meeting this morning to see what all the buzz is about. I think I will need some extra something to keep my eating on track when I am laying around not exercising in the coming weeks post-surgery.

School appears to be back on here today so I'll have to be sure I don't forget to wake my teen. Tonight my mom and I are supposed to go see the musical Shrek but I suspect she may want to stay at home with the frigid temps. Gotta go put my beans in the crockpot now.

Have a great day everyone.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I need a snowy coffee smile for mornings like this. It's coming down here and everything is closed up tight. If the power stays on I'm perfectly content to sit and watch the snow fall, do a bunch of data clean-up and workout when I need a break. If the power goes off it's my snuggly, a cup of tea and a good book.

So the talk yesterday did not happen. She rescheduled the meeting for the second time. Apparently she has the stomach flu that's going around. We are going to do it by phone tomorrow. It's not my favorite approach but I just can't keep dragging this out. I don't expect to be done immediately (and can't afford it. DW has still not found FT work so we can't afford me to be unemployed with no income) but I want to make a plan for transition. I also want them to know that I have set some firm boundaries.

Natasha - My Echo was great in snow. Of course I've spent my whole life driving in this stuff and that definitely makes a difference. We actually taught DD to drive in the winter and she is still good at it.
Happy gyming (I bet spell check doesn't think that's a real word)

Debbie - Wow, what a find!
Hope your mouth is calmed down and today is pain free.

Ruth - It's so nice to have a gym buddy. Does that big report signal an end insight for the accounting mess?

Lady Windsong

Mathilda - Glad to hear the storm isn't too bad there. I need to check in with DD and find out how Boston is doing.
Happy back to routine day to you

The light is coming up and it is beautiful out there. It's always so much prettier when I am not going anywhere Less one when living in snowy areas - don't do anything stupid. If I don't absolutely need to go out, I don't. I've done my share of bad road driving but today there's nothing that I can't handle from here. I'll just enjoy the beauty and make a big pot of tea

ETA -
Lisa - I hope it doesn't cut into your vacation too much. This is the first snow day for a lot of us but we have them planned in.

Karen - Beans in the crockpot are a great idea! Think I"ll do the same
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, although it already feels like noon to me.

I was outside at 5:45 this morning to help Jake clear off the cars and shovel the driveway so he could attempt to get to work. It didn't help that the plows had been through and piled a new mountain range across the end of our drive. And Jake had forgotten to refill the gas tank in the snowthrower after the last time he used it, so we had to shovel snow the old fashioned way. At least I don't have to go anywhere today, PLUS I got a good workout. And all this before coffee!

Way too many posts to reply to all, but and I've read all of them.

And Debbie, on the fantastic deal on the dishwasher!

Have a great day and be safe!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote