Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 07:30 AM   #1  

Default LA Weight Loss #66

Happy Monday!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 09:27 AM   #2  

Hello Everyone....What a icky day. It is raining and cold here in the Washington, DC area. Just a day when I could have stayed in bed. I have a slight sinus infections so my head feels as if it weighs 100lbs by it's self so I could have slept all day.

Well I had a very very good weigh in on Saturday. I still can't believe it but I was down 4.8lbs. I have not had a weight loss in over two weeks due to TOM so maybe now that it is over and done some of the water weight is gone. I weigh in again tonight so we will see how it goes. I was soo excited on Saturday. As usual I weighed in on Saturday morning before I had anything to eat and right after my workout...soooo tonight will be the true test. And to be honest I did so well this weekend with my eating. One because I was busy and two because I don't feel so well I didn't feel like eating. So actually I have not ate enough this weekend...I wonder how the scale will be tonight.

I am struggling here at work today. It is very quite in our office and I just should have stayed home...but I am such a dedicated worker *smile* that I hate to call in sick on Mondays. You can believe that if I feel this way tomorrow morning...I will be home in bed.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I will check back in later.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:43 AM   #3  

Thanks for the new thread Tab.

Congrats on your weightloss!

Today is day 2 of the take-off drink. I didn't have a bad day yesterday but i'm feeling so weak today. I know it will all be worth it by tomorrow.

Kathy
192/176/130
Old 04-07-2003, 09:58 AM   #4  

Hi Kitkat3NY...Just think only one more day. You can do this.

I went to center on Thursday to purchase the 3 day and they would not sell it to me. Told me to stick to plan for 2 weeks and if I don't drop any weight then they would recommend me going on the 3day. But to my surprise I lost some weight on Saturday. I am happy with the weight loss I will surprised to see what scale says tonight.

What days do you weigh in? Do you weigh 3x a week?
Old 04-07-2003, 10:03 AM   #5  

Default Good Morning Ladies

Monday is always a hard day for me but I thank God for allowing me to see another day! The weather makes it even harder; I'm in the Washington DC area to.

Well, I had a very good Tues-Sat., really felt well about myself. I still haven't weighed but I could tell in my clothes that I had come down some. I did eat too much on yesterday, I cooked dinner for my hubbie and the fried potatoes that he wanted were just too much for me to resist. I was hoping he wanted rice, rice doesn't move me but potatoes do. So that sent me into food frenzy and I want everything I could get my hands on. I finally just went up stairs to get control.

Anyway, today is a new day and I started my morning with a workout and hopefully will end it with another workout. Anyway, I'm tired this morning, day light savings time is kicking my and I’m so off schedule.

Tab-congrats on the WL!!! What a good way to start the weekend. I went to the gym around the way Fri & Sat, I took my niece with me and she loved it. She's still sore after working out for 45 minutes. She's young & lazy like most teenagers; she doesn't want to hurt herself in anyway. She was funny, but fun to be around. I'm going to try and make it to the gym tonight. Don't worry about weigh-in tonight; you'll do just fine. I sure hope you feel better as the day proceeds.

Well, happy healthy eating today to all!
Old 04-07-2003, 10:17 AM   #6  

Kimbo...Thanks!! It was a good Saturday. After seeing the loss it was easy to turn away the temptations.

Sounds like you and your niece had a good time. Me and my aunt went to a concert Friday night at the MCI center and then we did yoga on Sunday. I like working out with her. She is like my second mom. So I am sure you and your niece have the same bond. Plus, it is always nice to have someone with you when you are at the gym.

Since I haven't been feeling too well my eating has been kinda off. I just haven't wanted to eat. Yesterday all I had was a cereal bar and a apple until dinner. And I really didn't want dinner but I knew I had to eat. Sometimes not eating is worse than eating everything in sight. I don't want to slow my metabolism when it seems to be working *smile*

I have a kick boxing class at noon and I am hoping that my head clears up enough and I have the energy. And tonight at 5:30 I have a spinning class. So I hope to have enough energy maybe the daylight savings time and the sinus stuff is messing with me today. I hope so. I hate to miss a workout. I get all funky when that happens. I am sure you understand what I mean.

Well have a great day!
Old 04-07-2003, 11:24 AM   #7  

Tab--Yes, I do know what you mean about missing workouts! But you really sound like you're not feeling well. Are you sure you should be working out twice today?

If you're feeling weak, then maybe you should listen to your body. I push myself also but sometimes my body says no and I do try and listen because I know injury is right around the corner, and that could put me out of commission for a long time and I don't want that, and I know you don't either.

I'm so use to working out on my own that it's really been nice having someone to workout with. I didn't know how lonely it was until I went back on my own again. But that won't stop me, I'll exercise if I'm in there by myself. I just enjoy how it makes me feel.

Well, it's after 11 AM already and I'm excited about that, the day seams to be moving along quickly. I must get in the bed early tonight cause it really affects my workout and my morning.

So far so good after a bad day yesterday, I can do it! I can do it! I can do it! I know I can!
Old 04-07-2003, 04:10 PM   #8  
Need Support

Default Lost

Hi Tab,Kitkat,Kimbova,

Weighed in today after my 3 day and lost 3 1/4 pounds.
Thought I would lose more, but I think the first time maybe I didn't
eat as much beef. Should have eaten more chicken and fish.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:50 PM   #9  

Congrats Sharon, a loss is a loss and we're thankful for the small ones that add into bigger one's!

Stay encourage.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:16 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone!!

Well I weighed in last night and to be honest I was not shocked at what I saw on the scale. I was up 1.2lbs but that is fine. I know it is just because I weighed later in the day....and they do tell you that you weigh less in the mornings....sooo I am only 5lbs away from my goal....I have 4 more weight loss weeks until I go on stabilization.

Sharon...Kimbo is right a loss is a loss. Any loss is good so you should be excited. You are making progress and that is what counts.

Kitkat....How did the 3 day go? Waiting to hear your results.

Kimbo....We are both right on target with the working out. I just love to exercise. And I too prefer to have someone with me but that is not always possible. Since you put your weeks on hold are you still eating on plan but just not going to center to weigh in.

Well everyone have a great day and I will check back in later.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:32 AM   #11  
Need Support

Good Morning

Tab,
Only 5 lbs to goal. That is great.
Yes, I know even a .1 loss is a big deal. Last year when I did the 3 day I lost 7 3/4 lbs and I guess that is where I thought I would be again.
Now I do remember I did not use the juice last year on the first time, I ate oranges instead. A while last I had used the juice and did not do as good then either.
Think I will do the oranges if I do the 3 day again.
Looks like a few new things since last time. Has anyone tried the biscotti, the shakes in a milk container? We are suppose to get the carmel bars for the first time here. I know they were suppose to be out last year but had problems with them.
Hi KitKat and Kim,
How are you doing today?
Looks like a storm brewing here in Tennessee. Talked to my Mom yesterday and looks like they got a snow storm. They had an ice storm this past weekend. Any of you in the same situation?
Does everyone weigh in 3 times a week? I live 25 miles from my center. I think I kinda got burned out last year with driving so far everyother day. I am going to try my best to do exercises I really like and walk on my treadmill.
I get prevention magazine and they have a workout each magazine, so maybe I can look and workout my own routine.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:53 AM   #12  

Hi everyone!

I am singing in the rain here in NYC (literally) anyhoo, i'm happy to announce that I lost 4# in the 2-day take off. I'm so happy I really needed to see a quick weightloss to get me back on track. Just seeing the results on my body and on the scale makes it easier for me to refuse those delicious cookies here at work.

Tab- only 5# to go for you goal? That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you! Why didn't the people at the center want you to do a take off? It's only 5# why not get it off faster?

Sharon- WTG! Congrats on the weightloss!

Kimbova- sorry those delicious potatoes got to you, you'll be able to resist them next time.

Kathy
192/174/130
Old 04-08-2003, 10:46 AM   #13  

KitKat....Congrats on the loss. My center told me that they would not put me on the 3 day because they only like to give it to people who have been off plan for 2 or more weeks and they show a significant weight gain. Even though I am so close to goal I am actually 10lbs under the goal that I set for myself when I first walked into LAWL. So they know that I can lose the weight with out the juice. Which is no big deal because I still have 4 or 5 weeks of weight loss left before stabilization. And I am hoping that I can lose these last 5lbs in that time frame. To be honest I am very nervous about starting stabilization. Afraid of gaining weight back. That is why I want to be at 130 so I have 5lbs to play with. So close but yet I feel so far away. You know these last 5lbs can be the worst.

Sharon.....I do weigh in 3x a week but that is becuase my center is not even 2 miles from my home and gym...it is kinda in the middle. So yes I do like to weigh in 3x. It keeps me in line. Sometimes I get upset if I see only a small loss or a gain. But I like being held accountable. If I had to drive 25 miles each time that would be a different story. Can you talk with the center and maybe only weigh once a week? I have tried the new carmel bar...it was OK. I enjoy the luna bars better.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:15 PM   #14  

Default Good Afternoon Ladies,

It's been a day here at work as usual but I'm surviving.

Tab-still a great job on the 5lbs. I hate switching my weigh-in times, some morning, some evenings. I really think it affects your weight. When I would go on Sat, I was there by 8 AM but the other days I would get there around 6:30 PM. Tab, right now, I'm still on the plan but I've taken out a lot of the carbs, this is a great down fall for me so the less of them I eat, the better I do. Once I get started on even a piece of bread or a small piece of candy, I just lose it and can't seam to stop. Today starts my 2nd week of trying this way w/the plan, I'll weigh myself this week, but I know I've lost. I feel like a bum walking around in some of my clothes, they're getting to big.

Yesterday, after I left work, I went straight home and started trying on some clothes I've never worn but bought and said that fameous line "I'll Get Into Soon" or "I only need to lose 10lbs to wear this and it's such a great deal, I just can't pass it up". Some of these outfits still have the tags hanging from them. I'm still not at the point of buying new clothes because I still have things in my closet I can't were but my everyday work attire is looking quite big, and that's a good thing I need to do this in order to stay motivated, my hubbie was there with me and giving his opinion. He has finally notice or finally said something about my weight loss. I believe he's pleased but he always says he loves me just the way I am (what a sweet man, most of the time). After awhile, he said are you going to cook dinner tonight? I kinda got cought up in trying on clothes.

Hi Sharon--all is well here. I had a good eating night and so far today it's been very good. 25 miles to a center, I complained about my 20 minute ride out of my way but I would try to go. If I was 25 miles Sharon, I don't know. I guess it's an individual choice. My center wouldn't let me do once a week and my work schedule had gotten so hectic that I just couldn't make it during the week, so I but the next 4 weeks on hold. Good luck with your decision.

Kathy-- You go girlfriend! Just the motivation you needed. I know what you mean, I'm hoping to see at least 5lbs gone when I weigh this weekend. I've only messed-up one meal in the last 2 weeks, but sometimes that can make the difference.

Well, I think I've written enough, time to get back to work! Have a happy & healthy Tuesday!

I love these icons
Old 04-08-2003, 01:41 PM   #15  

Kathy:
You are tempting me to do the two-day juice even though I hate doing it.
Tab my center says the same thing about the 3-day they always offer me the 2-day one which I find hard to do especially if you work out.
Sharon I was not as happy with the carmel bars as I thought I would be. The biscotti are pretty good I don't get them to much because I would have more than I was supposed to. The shakes taste pretty good but I only use them if I am really busy, I find I get hungry faster with them.
Diane
Closed Thread