Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-11-2011, 01:04 AM   #1  
started out 6/30/10

Height: 5'2"

Default What kinds of exercise can I do while sick?

Today I got slammed with some sort of nasty bug. Within four hours, I went from just fine to coughing, wheezing, body aches, headache, and upset tummy.

I'm usually down for a week when I get sick, so I was wondering if there were any low key exercises I could try without overdoing it. Can I do light exercise, or should I just watch what I eat and chill out for a few days?
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:15 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My rule is - symptoms above the neck, exercise (lightly if you need to), symptoms below the neck (including tummy issues and achyness), let your body rest.

Focus on the food, get lots and lots of fluids, and I hope you feel better soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/199/180

Height: 5'8"

I agree with the above. If it's body aches, not sure it's worth pushing yourself too much. At most I would maybe go out for a walk. But really, if you have body aches, your body is going to need everything it needs for recovery. A normal cold, on the other hand, I just do my normal workout but make sure I am cleaning up after myself if I go to the gym so that I'm not spreading my germs.
KDuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Give yourself a rest, your body repairs itself at rest... If anything go for a refreshing walk.... Don't go spread your germs at the gym if you are a gym goer...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #5  
started out 6/30/10

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for your responses. It ended up being a moot point. The same evening I posted my question, my fever went up to 104... and stayed there. Spent the next evening in the ER on IV fluids and although I had no stomach issues, I couldn't eat anything. Exercise was/is not even a remote option. Since Monday I've lost 6 pounds. Not good. I still feel awful.
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote