Old 01-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #1  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default To Bugg or not to Bugg

I have a body bugg and I used to use it faithfully. It did wonders for me on my weight loss journey. I took it off in September/October when everything started going south due to the stressful job I was working. I am trying to decide now whether or not to put it back on as part of my getting back in the game. I know that it works, but having to measure every single thing I eat and log it into the program annoys me soooo much. I am asking myself if I learned enough about appropriate portions and amounts of exercise needed for me to lose weight while I was wearing it to potentially no longer need it. My subscription to the service that goes with the device ends in early February, so I need to decide really soon what I want to do. So I decided to do what I know I should do, which is come ask you wonderful people for advice. If I am going to do precise calorie counting at all then I would have to log my foods somehow and may as well do it with the bugg and get the calories burned as well. So the question is am I going to do exact calorie counts (which I know I have been successful with in the past) or am I just going to go with sensible portions of healthy foods (which I feel I could be successful with, but have 0 experience with trying)? I do not want to have to track exact calories for the rest of my life, but I also don't want to sabotage myself by testing my ability to do without it too soon. So what do you guys think? To Bugg or not to Bugg? That is the question.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I can only say what works for me. Calorie counting, measuring and exercise works for me.

It seems like every time I think I do well enough to 'eyeball' things, I gain.

and the info from the national weight loss registry that says that of the 5% of people who lose weight and keep it off, I think something like 85% of them track calories, even after goal.

It seems to be what works most of the time, for most of the people.

For me, I know that if I could trust myself that much, I wouldn't be where I am today.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

^^ What she said!

My vote is to continue doing what you KNOW works, even if it's a little inconvenient at times. I mean, being fat is inconvenient too so we just have to pick an inconvenience to live with.

Last edited by Gale02; 01-10-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #4  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Hmm I say if it really annoys you don't do it. But that said how good are you about knowing portion size? I no longer count everything but I know roughly the size of a serving I should be eating. Sometimes I gauge it by one serving spoon full or compare meat that will fit in the palm of my hand. I use a really cute small plate (think salad plate) I bought at TJ Max really cheap with a pretty design on it to help me see a fuller plate of food.

If I am really wanting to feel full or feel overly hungry I will eat celery or carrot sticks with very little light ranch or peeled and sliced plain cucumber slices. It works for me and I don't feel like a slave to calorie counting because I have learned over time how many calories are in my typical foods . Just be real with yourself if you do eat bigger portions you only punish yourself. I know I work out too hard at the gym and boot camp to want to screw myself over with over eating.

Let us know what you decide. Do you need the discipline of the Bugg and Calorie Counting or are you willing to hold yourself accountable and be very honest with what passes your lips? You are doing an awesome job and should be very proud of yourself!
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #5  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I'd personally say you should keep doing it, at least until you get to your goal weight and then let it help you settle into maintenance. Just my opinion though.

I've been thinking about getting a body bugg to push myself out of the 170s (which have been rough due to a long vacation in Oct & then the holidays!). Which one do you use if you don't mind me asking?
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #6  

I have what I think they refer to as the V3. It is the black one, but not the iPhone one. If you do decide to get one, whatever you do, make sure you also get the digital display. My bugg has been awesome for me, but it would never have been the same without the display. I was lucky enough to have a sis-in-law who already had one and I got to see in person how it worked before ordering mine. I got the same advice I'm giving you and she was 200% right, IMO.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #7  

I have decided to put my bugg back on. It has earned my loyalty.