Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/274/199

Height: 5'5"

Default This week's menu

Monday, monday, monday. First OP week under my belt, here goes.

So what does the menu look like at your house this week? How often do you switch it up?

This week I'm making:
Salsa crockpot chicken with black beans, to make taco salad. Had it all last week but it is soooo friggin good I'm going to carry it over and freeze when I'm sick of it.

Going to try to make a dressing with cottage cheese or FF sourcream in my magic bullet I think, ("going to try" In my language means "I'll throw ish together untill it tastes good)

Broccoli soup (from 3FC veggie recipes)

Slow cooked garlic chicken breasts (also from 3FC recipes) and mashed cauliflower (also from the boards).

Thats 3 *new recipes and more veggies than I am used to, I'm kind of excited!

I think I'm going to go week to week, plan two basic meals to switch throughout. I'm doing shift work this week so I have to make a 'Lupper' (and an evening snack) everyday.
BigBlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #2  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

It's just me and my husband, and he isn't a picky eater, so I don't switch it up too often. I switch it up when he says, "oh, we're having that again?"

My dinner plans throughout the week consist of: tilapia, marinated chicken, chicken baked with salsa, chicken mixed with veggies, and more chicken.

Have you tried baked chicken nuggets? Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces, dip in Eggbeaters, and coat lightly with breadcrumbs. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Delish!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I plan Wednesday to Wednesday. So we're getting to the end of my week...
So:
Wed 1/05: Ummm...nothing. Hadn't gone to the grocery store
Thursday 1/06: Lasagna rolls and roasted brussel sprouts
Friday 1/07: Out. I had grilled chicken with green salsa and guacamole, with re- fried beans.
Sat 1/08: Tuna fish sandwich with tomatoes and spinach, baked red potatoes
Sun 1/09: Baked, breaded chicken tenders, roasted brussel sprouts, red potatoes
Tonight is supposed to be low-fat turkey sausage and cabbage but i'm not sure what I will end up cooking. Tuesday is supposed to be a white bean and pasta soup. And then, wednesday, I'll start planning again.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #4  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyyellowfeet View Post
I plan Wednesday to Wednesday. So we're getting to the end of my week...
So:
Wed 1/05: Ummm...nothing. Hadn't gone to the grocery store
Thursday 1/06: Lasagna rolls and roasted brussel sprouts
Friday 1/07: Out. I had grilled chicken with green salsa and guacamole, with re- fried beans.
Sat 1/08: Tuna fish sandwich with tomatoes and spinach, baked red potatoes
Sun 1/09: Baked, breaded chicken tenders, roasted brussel sprouts, red potatoes
Tonight is supposed to be low-fat turkey sausage and cabbage but i'm not sure what I will end up cooking. Tuesday is supposed to be a white bean and pasta soup. And then, wednesday, I'll start planning again.
Would you mind telling me the lasagna roll recipe? that sounds delicious!
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Not sure if this is the recipe ducky uses. But I make this one and they are AMAZING! I add in garlic, onion and mushroom too:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/s...gna-rolls.html
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/274/199

Height: 5'5"

Roasted Brussel Sprouts....yummm...me thinks I will have to look into that more. Have never had them.

Turkey sausage and cabbage sounds yummy too.

The bright side of being single is I only have to worry about myself, not picky and do better with a routine so doesn't bother me a bit to eat the same thing all week. I give kudos to you moms/wives out there!
BigBlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shytowngal View Post
Not sure if this is the recipe ducky uses. But I make this one and they are AMAZING! I add in garlic, onion and mushroom too:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/s...gna-rolls.html
I will second this recipe. They're really yummy. My DH doesn't LOVE them, but finds them edible. He'd rather have the meat lasagna I used to make (which probably isn't that many more calories, I need to add it up!), but he will eat them without complaint.

They're super filling, though. If I have 2 and a little side salad I am stuffed to the gills.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote