Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-10-2011, 02:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/187/135

Height: 5'8

Red face Going to be in a leotard in less than a month! Help!!

Hi everyone! I'm new here & I really could use some advice on how to get started working out. I used to work out alot, but then I got a job, and a serious boyfriend that also loves to eat out & I've gained 30lbs (over 50lbs from my lowest weight). I'm now at 187.
On February 7th I'll be starting Ballet, Pilates with Dance, and Tap at my community college. I'm sooooooo scared about the outfits I'm going to have to wear. Just remembering how self conscious I was when I was 18 and 138lbs in dance class sent me into a 1500 calorie a day diet. I think long term that diet will work out well, because I am eating healthy too (not just cutting calories), and I'll deffinately be on the right track once I'm settled into my classes, but now I'm a little desperate for advice
If anyone has had significant success in a routine for a month, or is/was around my size, I would greatly appreciate someone to share ideas & experiences with. Thanks so much!

~Nelope
Nelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #2  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Don't panic.
You did not say if you currently have a gym membership or if you already exercise. If not, I would suggest your start right away - there is no need to wait until February 7th. Why don't you get an exercise DVD and stick to it religiously? For example, Jillian's 30 Day Shred (since you have a month). Or anything else - Jackie Warner - her DVD's are usually divided into 3 sections (upper body, lower body, abs). Do at least one part each day, it will be good cardio + weights at the same time. You will definitely see some results in 30 day but only if you work on it every day.
Good luck!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I've been where you are. Just relax. You aren't going on stage on Broadway as the star of the Nutcracker, you are just signing up for a class.

Just start your plan - whatever it is - weight watchers, counting calories, etc. and follow it every day.

You are in this plan for you, not the class, not your teacher.

Also, buy clothes for the class that fit your body now. Not the body you want to have.

I go to yoga class now. I'm often larger than the other people in class. No one cares. Sometimes I have to move my flesh out of the way to do a pose. The important thing is that I show up and I do my practice. And I leave my ego at the door.

Don't base your happiness or stress level on your weight. Just get your plan, and follow it. And have fun in class!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote