General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/157/110

Height: 5'1''

Default Detox diet???

Has anyone tried any detox diets?

I would like to jump start my weight loss, but am afraid of the safety of hardcore detox diets. What did you eat/drink? Did you buy one of those plans from GNC/Vitamin shoppe or did you do it on your own?
purplepumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I have a young friend who has an "arthritic type" condition that I can never remember the name of. She's recently begun an anti-inflammatory diet. I wonder if you might be interested in that kind of thing? I'm sure if you googled you'd get all kinds of info.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Beware of anything with "detox" in the title. The only toxins you'll be getting rid of is waste that may have built up in the intestines. The only weight you'll lose is poo and water. The water can be dangerous because you can get dehydrated, which in the long run will make you retain more water.

I tend to be against the detox things because they can mess up the bacterial balances in your body. It would be kind of like what the stomach flu would do to you.

I've tried several "detox" diets in the past, and the only thing it did was make me much more familiar with the inside of my bathroom. Any weight I lost was back on within a week and I felt crummy the entire time I was doing it.

I've found that eating a high-fiber diet with lots of fluid intake will keep you "cleaned out" without running the risk of dehydration. Not to mention the cramping, gas, bloating and diarrhea.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Good advice, Pint-Sized. When you do increase fiber, make sure to really up the fluid intake. When fiber goes through too dry, it can "plug-up".
4xcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I found that the changes I made during the first week of Weight Watchers were enough of a "jump start" for me.

The one time I did a fruit and veggie cleanse I felt like crap the entire few days, and didn't have enough energy to exercise or even get off the couch. And no, it wasn't my body "cleansing itself of toxins" it was my body starving.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #6  
Ninja loss

Height: 5'3 (161cms)

good advice guys, i often wonder about doing a detox diet, but i figure once i start eating well and properly, that's all the detox i need.
Catcuffling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #7  
Flab to Fab! is my goal

S/C/G: 357/356/160

Height: 64 inches

@purplepumpkin I did a detox diet last week and it wasn't that bad as long as you drink lots of water!! didnt potty much either...so cool beans!! its the 48 hour miracle diet
BadBBW is offline   Reply With Quote