WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 01-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/272/150

Height: 5'6''

Default Having a hard time getting all 43 points--help!

I am a teacher and our school started ww at work on Wednesday. I am a heavy girl and tall, so my daily points = 43!! I am a binge eater, but since being on anxiety Meds for a couple of months that is under control. I want to eat all 43 points in rather healthy foods, but with the free fruit and most free veggies I am finding this difficult. Part of the problem is that I don't have time during the day to cook a big breakfast or eat a lot at lunch.

I would love to hear suggestions from people that have been in my shoes or ideas of high point foods that are still healthy and not junk.

Thanks!!
Jenjensgettinhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Post a sample menu and we'll help fill in the gaps!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #3  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

I agree - post a sample day!

In general though:
Are you getting in your GHG?
Do you eat fat-free dairy? If so, switch to part-fat or full-fat for all or some of your dairy.
Include more healthy fats (avocados, olive oil, nuts, etc) in your diet.
Do you have some time on the weekends to pre-make some meals and snacks? You could make a high-protein, high-fiber breakfast bar that will be easy for you to grab and get in a filling and healthy breakfast quickly. You could premake and portion your lunches too.
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/272/150

Height: 5'6''

Ok here's yesterday:

Breakfast
Nutrigrain bar 4
fruit 0

Lunch
Tuna w Greek yogurt and mustard 4
Special K crackers 3
light string cheese stick 2
fruit 0

Snack

organic gummy bears 2

dinner (early since yesterday we were on a field trip and had to eat at 10 am!!!)

3 chicken tenderloins with teriyaki 6
veggies 0
cream corn 2
bread 4

snack

fruit and cheese 3

water total= 6

= 30 pp after a day where I wasn't deprived!!
Jenjensgettinhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjensgettinhealthy View Post
Ok here's yesterday:

Breakfast
Nutrigrain bar 4 - replace this with actual food. Oatmeal, pumpkin, maple syrup, butter. That will get you 5 points. Add 2% milk for another 3 points.
fruit 0

Lunch
Tuna w Greek yogurt and mustard 4
Special K crackers 3
light string cheese stick 2
fruit 0
Add some grains, have your sandwich on whole grain bread. More nutritious than special K cracker. Eat non-light cheese.

Snack

organic gummy bears 2 Try almond butter with crackers or an apple. Gummy bears are not nutritious, even if they are organic.

dinner (early since yesterday we were on a field trip and had to eat at 10 am!!!)

3 chicken tenderloins with teriyaki 6
veggies 0
cream corn 2
bread 4
Add some butter to your bread, a little oil to your veggies. Another glass of milk.

snack

fruit and cheese 3

water total= 6

= 30 pp after a day where I wasn't deprived!!
Some thoughts on getting more points, and more nutrition. There are a lot of empty "fillers" in your day.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #6  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Something that has helped me is to budget out my points for the day, usually around what I'm having for supper. Before the day even starts I know that I need to eat X number of points for breakfast and lunch and snacks.

With your number of points, I'd eat at least 8-10 per meal (including breakfast) and more points for each snack.

Maybe light mayo instead of greek yogurt?
Whole grain bread instead of Special K crackers?
Regular cheesestring instead of light?
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #7  
Less of a Better Me

Seagirl has some great comments. Let me add a few more:

1. Try eating nuts. I find they make a great healthy snack and tend to be higher points.

2. Is what you are eating really sustainable for the long term? If it isn't then you have room to add in some foods that maybe you will want to eat later and it can be helpful to add them in now and learn to eat in moderation.

3. Do you eat out much? If so you will likely eat more on those days.

4. WW says in this weeks weekly book (see p. 8) that it is OK to have a few points left over if you are satisfied and not to eat so many fruits and veggies that you don't want to eat anything else. SO while 30 points is too low it is not much of an issue if you ended up, say, at 40 points for the day.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 315/212/185

Height: 5'5

Umm take advantage and use the plan as it's designed, to gradually decrease your food intake at a level where you can still lose weight. Boil a couple of eggs and include them in your snacks/breakfast. You could do an egg salad sandwich on whole grain toast for breakfast add canadian bacon and cheese, use up those points. Be super indulgent and have dessert. I used to love Nutella on toasted, buttered Original English Muffins add a banana to that and I'm in heaven. I really loved that high point time in my life ummmm food....lol
doinit200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #9  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

I totally agree with doing. The beauty of ww is that instead of you drastically cutting your calories, keeping it up for a few weeks and then wanting to eat regular food but not having a way to that and then giving up, ww makes it so you cut your calories in a manageable way and also be able to fit in regular food.

Try almonds and avocados as well as low fat dairy and whole grain breads..
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote