General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #1  
Lazy Daisy

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Losing weight on Slimfast

I have been doing the Slimfast plan for the past week and a half and have lost 3.5 pounds already. It would have been more had it not been for some weak moments! Anyone else finding success on the Slimfast plan?
lazydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 250 (Sept 2009)/177/150

Height: 5' 9"

Just my experience and opinions here. Please don't do Slimfast. It's a quick loss thing and the weight will almost always come back on. And remember last year when they had to do a massive recall because their product was tainted. I've seen so many problems from liquid diets and the results are almost always fleeting. You would do better using the Slimfast calories on a big plate of veggies and good protein.

I've seen many, many military guys use Slimfast just before quals where they have to be at a certain weight to stay in their division and as soon as they qualify they start eating again and the weight comes right back on.

Please get all the information you can before doing Slimfast long term. Honestly, for the price your money would be better spent on real food.
Jesse Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #3  
Effort = Success

S/C/G: 212/126/120

Height: 5'5"

I've tried it and it was a pretty bad experience. I felt sick all the time.

Initiative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #4  
Nutella Girl

S/C/G: 197 / 135 / 140

Height: 5'5''

I'm not on the plan but I make myself a slimfast shake every day for breakfast. It's fast, convenient and keeps me full but not just by itself. This is my regular formula:
1 cup of slimfast chocolate royal poder
250 ml organic partially skimmed 2% milk
1/2 cup of mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and blueberries)
2 tbsp psyllum husk

So far, it's worked for me but I've never tried the full plan because it seems a little lacking.
imperialistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #5  
Effort = Success

S/C/G: 212/126/120

Height: 5'5"

You could try greek yogurt and you could mix in granola too. That is a really yummy breakfast. ^_^ So far the zoi and voskos is a really good brand. Blueberry and honey would have to be my favorite flavor.

Initiative is offline   Reply With Quote