View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #12
stellarosa27
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I completely agree, Kaplods. Everyone has different bodies, physiologies, even different ways of thinking - why should one weight loss method be the cure for EVERYONE?

I think it also boils down to people don't like complicated answers. They just want a quick and simple solution to the problem, and you know what, there won't be one. Yes, weight loss is technically "calories in vs calories out" but the more complicated part of that is WHAT KIND OF CALORIES!?

Many work better on low-carb or low-fat - and these methods really do work for people. Myself? If I eat low-carb/fat, I can't function. I have no energy, my muscles are sore, I'm grumpy, my nails break, my hair falls out and I just generally feel like I'm falling apart. That's led me to realize, hey, this isn't the way for me...

It would be so great if you could go to the doctor and they give you some sort of personalized plan based on blood tests, experiences, etc, instead of just saying "cut out high fats, sugars, dairy and red meat" (as my doc originally said to me).

Partly why I'm excited that I'm going into public health - I really want to try and make a difference in this area.

~Jennierose~
You must save yourself or remain unsaved - Alice Sebold
It's a very rare person who is taken for what he truly is.

COMPLETED:
Cherry Blossom 10 mile run - April 3, 2011
DC Triathlon (Spring)- June 19, 2011
Annapolis Half Marathon - November 19, 2011
Hot Chocolate 15K - December 3, 2011

New Blog: http://stellarosa27.wordpress.com/
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote