View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
CherryPie99

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Default Random thoughts and complaining :)

I guess I'm not asking for any really specific advice, but these are just random thoughts that I have. Of course if anyone has advice, I'm glad to take it!! As I mentioned in another thread, I've been stuck at 262 for the last 2 weeks. And the scale JUST. WON'T. MOVE. I know that this happens, and I agree with what SparrowSings said in the other thread - just keep doing what you're doing and it will come off.

When I started this journey, my goal was to move more and eat less. And I lost 82 pounds. But I've never measured calories. So this week I happened to eat all day stuff that was pre-measured (but pretty typical of what I usually eat) and so I added up the calories. Imagine my surprise to find out that I have been eating around 1300 calories per day. I thought it was more then that. I typically have a bowl of Special K for breakfast (and when I measured out the 1 cup this week, turns out I have been eating probably 3/4 of a cup) which is 200 calories. For lunch a bowl of healthy choice soup (200 calories) and a piece of fruit for lunch (another 100 calories) and a "sensible" dinner - some meat, rice and veggies would be typical. I don't have any snacks, ever. And I work out almost every night and according to my heart rate monitor I burn between 500-700 calories at a time and that's not counting the 30 minutes of pilates/yoga I do at lunch. After reading some threads here I wondered if I should up my calories - but that caused me extreme anxiety - what if that's not what my body needs and I gain??!! - was what was in my head.

So Tuesday night I did the workout video "30 Day Shred It". It was hard and yesterday my thighs were killing me. But when I got home last night, I walked/jogged 2 miles on the treadmill anyway. Because my legs hurt, I know I jogged a little oddly and today, my thighs hurt so much I could barely go down the stairs and when I got up after a 2 hour meeting this morning they almost gave out and I almost ended up in a pile on the floor - instead I lurched like Frankenstein out of the room LOL. So I decided today would be a rest day and I didn't do my lunch pilates/yoga (but did walk the approximately 1/4 mile back and forth to Subway). Now I'm home and sitting here with TREMENDOUS guilt and anxiety because I'm not working out.

I have never tried to lose weight in my life and I never in a million years thought I would feel like this, but here I am....

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said 'I just don't care!'" ~ Pink ~

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/

My goal reached thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ncers-say.html
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote