Old 01-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #1  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Default more of the "lets pick something healthy" game

http://atasca.com/menus/dinner.pdf

Tonight I'm going to this place for dinner.

I've been to this restaurant before. The food is AMAZING. Unfortunately, I'm sure the calories are outrageous. I have never had anything here that was not awesome so it is a splurge worth taking although I'd like to pick something relatively healthier.

Of course, I could go with the old standby of the Salmon, but kind of want to mix it up. I'm thinking of going with the "Febras de Porco" (it seems relatively straight forward and doesn't contain any cheese or high fat linguica).

Any other suggestions?
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I can barely read the menu. it's very light and small.

but the beans and rice sound good.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

The lulas a alho sounds awesome as well, and fairly light. It all sounds so good!

That marinated pork would be a great choice too, it just depends on what sounds good to you when you go.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 01-06-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Wow there is so much there that I would gladly eat! Almost everything from the fish or the chicken entree section looks great. If it was me ordering, I would probably get the broiled jumbo shrimp (camarao atasco) and make sure the tomato sauce is only tomato and not cream based but not eat the potatoes, and have a green salad on the side.

tell us how it goes!
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #5  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Looks like some fancy schmancy eats, yet prices are good!
I'd probably get the dopa do dia (soup- if its a good one & not a creamy cream one) & then a salad de feijao (bean salad) & gambas Grelhadas (grilled shrimp) would be my choice & I'd give my cornbread away being I ain't a fan! Plenty of protein for under $20! or the calinha a verde sounds good too.

I say whatever you have a hankering for Matt (30)
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I'd probably go for the fish of the day--
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

YUMMM that looks like a really nice menu - and lots of choices that seem fairly decent - as far as restaurant choices go! I would probably go for the jumbo shrimp one with the tomato sauce, or the fresh fish one with tomato as well and broccoli (sorry, I already closed the menu or would attempt to spell the names!!). Have fun!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #8  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

No need to spell the names. I can figure it out .

I don't know how to say anything on the Atasca menu, so when I was there the last time I just pointed at what I wanted!

I think it is a toss up between that Pork selection or one of the chicken dishes.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/195/150

Yum!!!

I'm no help. Seems like there's a lot of good choices. I hope you enjoy whatever you decide
Charms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 172/150/145

Height: 5'7"

wow, this place sounds amazing!

i can't resist grilled sardines. i'd probably get that (it's an appetizer) with a salad or the soup of the day if it sounds yummy and not cream heavy. or i'd see if i can get a side of the broccoli raab (which comes with the broiled shrimp, which also looks like a good choice)- sometimes higher end restaurants don't do a la carte side dishes because they plan everything to the menu, but you could ask. (i love broccoli raab!). i often choose entrees based on sides- so that grilled fish of the day with kale and hazelnut potatoes- i'll bet those potatoes are worth a splurge!

wow, octopus salad. yum. i wouldn't worry TOO much about the linguica- especially in a seafood dish, it is often used more for seasoning, so it might be a small amount that packs a lot of flavor.

but i don't think you could go wrong with the pork. puerca is my favorite meat.

i just got back from a (delicious) trip to granada, spain. now i'm inspired to go to portugal, or at least boston!

please report back! i will be thinking of you while i eat my (rather delicious, but hardly refined) stew of collards and beans.

i love this game!!!!
pucedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'8"

So, Matt, what did you ultimately enjoy?

(By the way, your amazing weight loss just blows me away! Congratulations! With such a major accomplishment under your belt (pardon the pun), I bet very little slows you down anymore when you pick a goal. And how cool is it that you still post here!)
SparrowSings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

wow! what a great menu, so many yummy Portuguese dishes! I'd probably get the Caldierada de Piexe (sounds a like the best parts of a cioppino to me) or the Galinha a Verde - love the veggies, though I'm not sure what vinho verde is... Green wine??

I'm also curious about what you picked in the end...
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote