Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 05:08 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Thurs. 6 Jan. 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
and happy new year!!!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Review yesterday's thread: January 5th, 2011

Last edited by EatAnts; 01-08-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:11 AM   #2  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve!!!

Had my WI on Wednesday and lost another 4.8 pounds. Hard to believe.

I am officially starting Phase 3 today.

Had reached my initial goal of 80, but now I am going to shoot for 90 --- only 3.2 away. In the back of my mind, I am thinking of going for 100, but not sure. If I hit it, that's great ... and if I don't, I will be happy too!!!

So I still plan on hanging around here for a while ... lol.

Good luck to all --- this is a truly amazing program!

Lorrie
Old 01-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Good morning from the East Coast everyone.
Today I'm going to be very mindful of protocol ( got a little iffy there yesterday with my friends chicken salad...paid with a stomach ache for having just a little real mayo...not ready for that, for sure) and turn my attention to tidying my home office. I have guests for a birthday cocktail this evening, but that's become easy for me. No biggie. Stevia lemonade, celery and WP blue cheese dip for me.
On my plate...I've been sitting with this "now what" thought about being close to goal. Losing the weight had really given me focus and something to occupy my mind with constantly. Still...there is always a void after a big project and my thoughts are on continuity, going thru the next phases with the hopes that this will be like a continuing education class as I re-introduce foods I've eaten before, like dairy,fruit and toast and so on, and applying new principals.
Thanks for listening and have a great day everyone. This forum is my soul vitamin for sure...and now... a cup 'o' joe
Old 01-06-2011, 07:50 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve!!!

Had my WI on Wednesday and lost another 4.8 pounds. Hard to believe.

I am officially starting Phase 3 today.

Had reached my initial goal of 80, but now I am going to shoot for 90 --- only 3.2 away. In the back of my mind, I am thinking of going for 100, but not sure. If I hit it, that's great ... and if I don't, I will be happy too!!!
Lorrie, on such awesome progress. I think your approach about the BIG number is really sensible -- happy either way. I sure hope you'll post on the Life After Phase 1 thread!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

I'm starting Phase 2 today. I'm worried I won't loose anymore, so I'll see in the next days what happens, otherwise I will go back to phase 1. I posted something last night about the phases but since that thread will be closed I would like to post the question again.

I was reading the Life After Phase 1 thread and there was a debate about the protocols for phases 2 and 3. Since I am not going to have a coach anymore (too expensive so I am switching to Lindora and Protti diet products) I need your help. Anyway you have been my coaches since the one from the clinic only takes my weigth and mesurements and doesn't seem to know much about IP. I downloaded the files from the thread for the next phases but someone commented that the protocol has been revised. The posts on the thread date from March and June 2010. Are these the revised ones? or there is no such thing. Please let me know!!!

Thanks!

Ana
Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #6  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Lorrie, on such awesome progress. I think your approach about the BIG number is really sensible -- happy either way. I sure hope you'll post on the Life After Phase 1 thread!
Thanks for your very kind words Svelting :-)

Where can I find the Life After Phase 1 post? I have been searching, but obviously not in the right areas. When I try to search for a Phase 3 forum, it brings up zilch.

Lorrie

Last edited by JonathanandZeus; 01-06-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #7  
Re-Started IP 1/17/12

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'1.5"

Morning. Today will be stressful at work so I'll need to be on my toes with protocol.

The Life After Phase One forum is a sticky at the beginning of the main IP forum
Old 01-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #8  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

I have a non-scale non-victory to share. I looked in the mirror last night and to my horror my neck was all wrinkley. I know I should be happy because that means I have lost some in my double chin area but wahhhh, I dont' want a wrinkley neck. I am afraid loosing weight is just going to continue to make me look older. Vanity is such a sin
Old 01-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #9  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Go for it, Lorrie! Your success is such an inspiration, and you are SO worth it! Also, there's a new Life After Phase 1 thread on page 4 or 5, I think. Some parts are fresher than what's on the sticky.

My Wednesday weigh-in buddies: WOOHOO!!! Great losses all around.

So, I tried to make the vanilla pudding into a coffee drink and OMG it was awful! What did I do wrong? Made the pudding according to package directions, spooned it into my hot coffee and stirred. Got a bunch of vanilla beads in coffee. Ew. Help! I bought a bunch of these because I love chai tea and lattes
Old 01-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!
Just got off the treadmill and having my morning cappuccino. I LOVE being back into a routine!! Peeked at my scale this morning and I'm down almost 2 lbs from Tuesday's WI.

Linden, I love the idea of a reunion in Vegas. We were there for the first time in November. I know lots of gals who do 'girls weekend away' there. You can get some really good deals on flights and hotels (especially since the recession). It is also quite central whether you are from Canada or the US. Just imagine 3 or 4 days of lounging by a pool, shopping and SHOWS! I think planning for September or October would be great.

It's a soggy west coast day today here on Vancouver Island. We have the pineapple express blowing up mild air from the south, but it feels good after the frigid (to us) temperatures earlier this week. It's supposed to be 7 - 9 celsius (44-48) today and tomorrow before the cooler weather starts again.

Hope you all have a wonderful IP day!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #11  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Hello all!
I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm starting the program today!
I've been secretly reading all the threads these last few weeks and I wanted to thank all of you for your posts! You have been such an inspiration with your successes, encouragement, tips and stories! I'm very much look forward to this program and hopefully achieving my goal of losing 60lbs.
Thanks Again!
Jamie
Old 01-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #12  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Thanks for your very kind words Svelting :-)

Where can I find the Life After Phase 1 post? I have been searching, but obviously not in the right areas. When I try to search for a Phase 3 forum, it brings up zilch.

Lorrie
I bumped it for you Lorrie. It's getting pretty full though, someone will have to start a new one soon. Too many people phasing off I guess. Congrats on reaching your goal!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #13  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
Hello all!
I've been secretly reading all the threads these last few weeks and I wanted to thank all of you for your posts! You have been such an inspiration with your successes, encouragement, tips and stories! I'm very much look forward to this program and hopefully achieving my goal of losing 60lbs.
Thanks Again!
Jamie

Welcome! Glad you joined us on this life changing journey! This program works and you will amazed at how quickly. Best of luck to you.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #14  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
Hello all!
Thanks Again!
Jamie
Jamie! You're going to love this program. For some, the first few days are hard - keep checking in here for support. Good luck with your goal!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Well...day 3... this morning i am not all that hungry. Should i eat my first protein packet right away anyway to get things going for the day? I think that waiting to take any of the supplements till i am eating my first packet is deffinitely gonna help with the nausea. I did find that when i first woke up as i was making my coffeee i drank some water and it made me feel nauseous. I think that is so WEIRD! anyone else have that problem? I woke up hungry but then it disipated.
Last night I was a pig .. I measured out 5oz of chicken, but there were so many little pieces left from not getting the right "addition" to the first piece that well i ate like 2 small ones. so ya i'm thinkin i ate about 8oz of chicken last night. I also made a broth to cook it in out of a bouillon paste, i noticed that sugar was on the ingredient list...all be it lower. Would that be something that could totally mess me up from getting into ketosis?
Being the scale addict that i am, i got on again this morning. I gained a pound from yesterday. Trying not to be discouraged by that. Maybe I am putting WAY too much thought into this whole thing. IDk, but of an emotional rollercoaster today with happy about the program and discouraged too. hate being such an instant gratification person. i keep telling myself YOU ARE ONLY ON DAY 3!!! ahhhh ... thanks for listening to the rant ladies
Closed Thread