South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 04:15 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Daily Chat -Thursday Jan 6

Good Morning

On Thursday, I am always Thin and Thankful. Working Beck Diet Solution alongside SBD, I am encouraged to "think like a thin person". Yesterday, I ate lunch by myself at a Mexican restaurant. I said No cheese,Yes to extra lettuce and tomatoes AND sent back the chips. I have to realize that I need to make those lifestyle changes if I'm going to reach goal AND keep it off even when no one else is looking. Tell ya the truth, it felt good!

I'm gonna grab coffee! (back) What's going on in your world today?? Our mod, Ruth, always says that everyday posters have a greater percentage of long terms success. I'm onboard-I'm 52 and have never followed a food plan for 20 months...so I'll just keep posting. Besides, I like ya'll!

Stop by and chat and let us know what's going on with you today.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-06-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, Lexxiss!!! I just polished off a cup of coffee w/ some sugar free French Vanilla syrup. YUMMY!!! Maybe not a good idea, though, since I'm about to head to bed. Oops!!! Good job at the Mexican Restaurant!!! I know it's hard to send those chips away, but I know it had to feel REALLY good to do it. Good for you!!!

Things have been busy around here. My brother and his wife have decided to divorce and, unfortunately, her and her mom have decided to turn it into an ugly situation. After a bunch of nasty text messages and threats we had my brother's cellphone number changed tonight. Hopefully that will solve the problem. The one good thing is that he has, in text message form, an admission that she assaulted him the other day when he walked out on her. I tell ya, if it wouldn't cost me my job I'd be willing to spend a night in jail for the chance to go a round w/ her. UGH!!!

Anywho, I do hope everybody is having a good week so far. I've got to get a couple hours sleep so I can go out geocaching w/ some friends. Then I've got a haircut, gym w/ some friends, and possibly some car-shopping w/ my roommate so she can finally have some wheels of her own since she's going nuts w/o them, LOL
Old 01-06-2011, 05:56 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and good for you, Debbie! I'll keep your example in mind next time I have lunch out which will NOT be for a while. I am feeling a tad off plan after ham for dinner last night.

Natasha, hope the situation with you brother resolves fast. Luckily he has evidence of the assault. What's wrong with people? Sleep well because the rest of your day sounds full and fun!

Today's the day I finally finish Christmassing! Having my "other family" for dinner last night was just great. It's so nice to have friends like them. We talked, made summer plans, laughed a lot and drank a fair amount of wine. We also decided not to take down decorations last night - see previous reference to wine. Donna comes later today and we'll work on it together. Right now I'm waiting for the house to warm up and enjoying the last morning of the Bling tree and a coffee with sf Irish Cream syrup.

May this twelfth and last day of Christmas be a good one for you.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning

Debbie, I will always think of Thursdays as "Thin and Thankful Thursday" too. But I really like how easy it is for folks to find our daily chat thread now, so maybe we'll have to start using subtitles.

I've got another busy day today even though I try not to schedule them back to back. I've got a parent meeting after school, then a dentist appointment and haircut after that. Busy days can go either way for me. Often I love them because I'm too busy to overeat, but sometimes (like yesterday) I end up having to cut my exercise short and it's on the busy days that I'm most likely to eat off plan. Ah well, I'll be tired but "beautiful" by the time I fall into bed tonight. LOL

Natasha, enjoy the geocaching today! That's something Fergie and I enjoy too, but we haven't gone out for quite a while now. It's not a winter weather thing for us though so I guess we won't go until spring now.

Ruth, I'm glad you had such a nice time last night. But please DON'T take your tree down yet - mine is still up and I hate thinking I'm the only one in the world who has been too lazy - er, busy - to get their tree put away!

Enjoy your Thursday friends.

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-06-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:24 AM   #5  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Lexxiss: Thin and Thankful Thursdays is a great name, and great attitude. I try to post daily but somehow life gets in the way. Happily it isn't getting in the way of weightloss as yet too.

Natasha: I've always wanted to go geocaching! Tell me more.

Ruth: Your evening sounds like it was fun, even if a bit wobbly for plan.

Heidi: You snuck in there while I was composing. You're beautiful by the time you fall into bed every day, hair and dental appts not required.

Today looks to be as long a work day as the rest of the week has been, but at least I woke up on time this morning. I never use an alarm since I've always just been awake by 5 am. Lately I'm sleeping much later though - strange!

Last edited by annieoh; 01-06-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Ruth, my tree was down 2 days after Christmas! I have a whole list of things I clear out before New Year. I wouldn't say I am superstitious, but I just can't wake up on New Year with anything left over from the previous year - a bill unpaid, a Xmas tree taken down, old food in the fridge. It drives my husband crazy! Since we have a fake tree maybe I'll start putting it up earlier so hubby and son can enjoy it for more days.

I am reading a book called "The Brain that Changes Itself." VERY interesting. One of the chapters deals with depression and OCD and suggests that changing your thoughts actually changes the strength of your neural pathways (very simplified). In essense, a negative thought or a lack of will power is a road. The more times you go down that road, the stronger the neural connection become and the thought pattern becomes almost unconscious. However, see a detour off that road almost as soon as that road begins. The detour is a positive ACTION you do, something that gives you pleasure, (like going to chat with a friend, getting outside for a breath of fresh air, sniffing a wonderful scent) and takes you away from your negative thought. The more you do this, the stronger the pathway to the DETOUR becomes, and the less strong the pull to go down the negative road becomes. Very interesting, and makes me think of the Beck concepts.

So far, so good this week with the eating. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #7  
Mous

Debbie, I am so PROUD of you.

Natasha, I am glad he has that text message. You will look more beautiful with your new doo.

Ruth, enjoy, enjoy!

Heidi, I, too, have a dental appointment. You deserve the new doo.

Ann, take a mini you break when you can.

Mm thanks for your post on the other thread. Keep up the good work.

Dentist today for me. Need to replace an old filling.
Need to go get my Lou's RX for toothpaste.

Had a sad/funny experience yesterday. Our neighbor, Toni, called in tears saying that she couldn't find Dylan, dog,.
I was in robe, slippers and Pj's. Told her Lou and I would get in the car and go around the neighborhd. It didn't look good.
Told her (by now I was in her car) let's go call the pound. When we parked in front of her house who do we see? Dylan! He was sandwiched between the screen door (glass) and the door standing up with his cheek and side against the pane. FUNNY! relieved and grateful! Seems her dh went to put mail out and didn't see the dog and closed the door on him.

TTFN

Old 01-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

My tree is still up, but all the other decorations are put away. The tree will be coming down either tomorrow or Saturday, so don't feel too guilty, Heidi, you're not the only one.

Natasha, have a good time geo-caching! We go letter-boxing, which is pretty similar, and I really enjoy it. We don't do much of it during the winter months, though.

Debbie, awesome job at the Mexican restaurant! I always order fajitas with lettuce to wrap them in, instead of the tortillas. The chips are really hard to resist, though. Good for you for sending them back! I like the idea of thinking Thin, and will carry that thought with me.

Ruth, I sure wished I lived closer and could have been there for dinner last night! It's wonderful to have such dear friends to share a meal with. Have a fun day taking down your tree, and remember where you put it for next year!

Annie, I never use an alarm clock either, unless I have to get up extra early to catch a plane or something. The blaring alarm is the worst possible way to jar a person awake, IMHO.

Matilda, that book sounds interesting, and I hope it helps you. I'm glad you're doing well mixing WW points with SBD. Keep up the good work!

Today should be fairly easy. The electric will be off at the farm for several hours today, so I want to get over there early to get a few things done. I plan to meet a friend at the salad bar for lunch, then use my "free" time to run some errands before it's time to pick up the girls, then we're off to piano lessons before heading back home, and hopefully, to the power back on again.

I'd better run for now so I have time to put on a pot of black bean & sweet potato soup for supper! Have a super day!

ETA-

Good morning Windsong! Poor Dylan, but it's funny, too. I'm glad he's OK! The same thing happened to one of Cindy's dogs, although we heard him right away with his desperate barking and scratching at the door, LOL.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-06-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another fly by. This back to work after a vacation stuff is tough!

Have a good day everyone
Old 01-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning,

I am impressed with some of the wonderful and positive thoughts on here this morning. Makes my day start better.

Yesterday was good as my first SBD day while working. I stayed with plan. However, I am offically off milk per dr. suggestion. I knew in my heart this was probably coming, but was doing really well at ignoring it. Today should be a regular ole' day.

Have a good one!!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Good Morning Everyone!!

I had my first real test last night and I gotta say that I am in awe of you Lexxiss!! DH and the kids wanted to go out to dinner last night since we had a bunch of errands to run. I ended up sending them all away without me cause I knew I couldn't handle the temptation of a restaurant yet

The good news (at least for me) is that I didn't have to wake up feeling guilty, and I also got some nice alone time last night.

Thank you all for being out there in cyberland! I keep the forum open all day to stay motivated - it was part of why I stayed home last night. Didn't want to post this morning that 3 days in I had already strayed
Old 01-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Natasha- Hope the situation with your brother is resolved quickly for him.

Windsong- thanks for sharing the story, put a smile on my face.

Busy day at work, doing well eating and exercise wise- hoping that scale shows it this weekend.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Debbie -

Natasha - My husband likes geocaching but we haven't been in years maybe. Have fun.

Ruth - Wow, that is a long holiday for you! Merry, merry.

Heidi - That IS busy! Since I don't work I like to spread my busy stuff out - it is a good snack distraction.

Annie - I always wake up before my alarm but have to set one or I would be to worried I'd oversleep that I would keep watching the clock all night!

Matilda - Interesting. I have always thought that each time we do positive behaviors, like exercising or not giving in to a craving, it gets a bit easier. Someone on here once likened it to a muscle that you develop over time. Can't remember who but it stuck with me.

Windsong - Big dentist week for chicks; I went too. Something about sitting in that chair just makes me sweat every time!

Linda - That soup sounds yummy. Share the recipe?

Cyndi and Rose -

Tanner's mom - This is always a great place to start the day. Can you do non-cow's milk as an option?

Amy - We don't go out nearly as often as we used to and my husband will often go out with his brother if he wants a restaurant fix. I am happy to stay home. I love being able to wake up without that guilty feeling too!

Sooooo... we had family pictures taken last week with my son's senior portraits. The good news - I have never in my life looked so good in so many shots! And it is not weight related since I am not thinner than in photos past. The bad news - it is apparently impossible to get 4 people to all look good in one shot! And the ones that are best of my husband are all the worst of me. Darn husband clenching his teeth! Now my teen - his portraits are fabulous in my maternal opinion.

Slow day here... DH will have the car all afternoon and I'll have the house to myself.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #14  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

I'm at home cleaning the house. Back on South Beach after a bit of a break. Enjoying not eating like crap.Get to work out tonight!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #15  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Good Morning! I think it's true that if you post every day you have a better chance of success.... I'm also trying to keep an online food journal too, and that helps.

I'm going to yoga tonight- I went tuesday night and I'm still sore! I must have done something right... or wrong, as the case may be.
Closed Thread