South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 03:56 AM   #1  
Mous

Smile SBD Daily Chat Tuesday Jan. 4

Morning Chicks

Yesterday Day 1 went well. Lou stepped on the scale at 204.5 pounds! He has really gained the weight and I am worried that he won't do this. BUT if I don't buy the junk he can't eat it. I shall have to plan, plan, plan.

As for me I weighed in at 142.4. In 2001 I weighed 190!
I have to remember that I cannot expect miracles. Hard work and determination and the support of some wonderful chicks will make the numbers go down.

SO

Change is coming in 2011.

Not only are your eating habits going to change, your LIFE is going to change.
Your self esteem is going to go up. You will be more motivated and your numbers are going to go down, down, down.
Be excited and remember:

We CAN DO THIS

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 01-04-2011 at 03:57 AM. Reason: SBD Daily Chat Tuesday Jan. 4
Old 01-04-2011, 05:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Marcie, and thanks for the positive start to the day. After surviving my trip to the gym yesterday, I am feeling very hopeful again.

We finally got some snow again - the first since before Christmas - and temperatures are back to the usual January cold. It's nice to deal with snowy paws instead of muddy ones although I'm not thrilled to have to wear snow boots again.

As usual, I have my list which has some leftovers from yesterday. I sort of ran out of steam after lunch and had a nap with the dogs for an hour. Then Ernie dropped in for tea and there was the afternoon gone! I blame his wife who tells him to get out of the house for a while. He's recovering from a hip replacement and driving her nuts.

Disney is "on" for pet therapy at the nursing home this afternoon and I'll give her a snow-bath later this morning. It works like dry shampoo and is fun for us both. We should be putting "fun" stuff on our lists. I'll do that after I work at the Food Bank this morning. We are getting more and more "customers" but are well stocked for now.

Have a great day.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:52 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning!

It's a chilly one here this morning, too. I wonder if we'll be able to get the kids outside this morning, I sure hope so!

Ruth, I'm glad your gym session went well yesterday, and that you're feeling very hopeful again!

Marcie, even with his junk food snacks my DH lost weight when he started eating SBD meals 3x a day. I think Lou will do fine and who knows, maybe he'll be so pleased with the results that he'll want to make on plan choices for snacks, too.

I'm hoping to hoop with my friend Joy after school today. It was a regular Tuesday thing before the holidays so I sent her an email last night and I'll put the hoops in the car this morning. I enjoy hooping alone, but it's way more fun with someone else to talk to.

A colleague needs a ride from the garage this morning so I need to pay attention to the time and make sure I'm there when she gets there. Years ago a friend forgot me and I sat and waited and waited wondering if she was running late or if she forgot me as the school buses went by.... not a comfortable situation for a kindergarten teacher. Everything's easier now that we've got cell phones, but that experience left me paranoid.

Enjoy your Tuesday friends.

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-04-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:52 AM   #4  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Lady Windsong, Thanks for starting our thread this morning, and for the positive words. I needed to hear them

Ruth, good morning!! I hope you get that list accomplished. We are expecting snow too this week, I hope it amounts to niothing, I am no longer in the mood.

I got up to work out, like I usually do every morning, and I quietly and considerately exit the bedroom, and this morning (like some other mornings) my DH says something like, "this is why I never get a good night's sleep" and other things designed to make me feel bad. He likes me to feel guilty for getting up and waking him up. I am kind of angry right now, I ended up writing him an email instead of working out. I am going for a walk later, but still, I had planned my heavy duty workout this morning.

I will mention that when he gets up at 4am to work, I never complain, and I wouldn't, even if he did it every day. I would probably even offer to get up to make him coffee, that is just me.

I am fed up right now, and hurt. He is acting put out about the funeral today. The burial is at 10am, and the service is not till one, and he is now talking about not coming to the service, and just going to the burial, which would leave me without my own husband at something that he should be there if he cared. I guess I could sit with my ex husband, who will be there.

I always feel like I am putting him out. I am tired of it, and near my limit. I am just trying to be healthy and lose weight (which he should like) AARRGGHH.

ETA, I wonder sometimes if he would be happier without me, as I read what I have written.

Last edited by BelovedK; 01-04-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:57 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Beloved, the question is "Would you be happier without HIM?"
Old 01-04-2011, 06:02 AM   #6  
Mous

Smile

BelovedK

Heidi...hoola hooping? Oh the memories.
Ruth pet therapy how wonderful. It even helps Disney.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:24 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
Beloved, I don't really know the background here, but agree with those who have said 'would you be happier without him'? I guess the older I get I realize life is too short to deal with bs like that. I always said I wanted a man who would be good to me and treat me like a princess, but I spent 36 years chasing losers (ok, I didn't start dating until I was 16, so make that 20 years) before I met my husband and honestly, I got to the point where I said to myself "I am no good at choosing men. The men I am attracted to treat me terribly. Universe or God, send me a man who will give me what I say I want (real love and support, without the stress and nonsensense), and somehow, help me stick with it!!" He did, and the rest is history, but when he first crossed my path I was NOT interested because he wasn't a bad boy.

Sorry to turn this around to me, but just to say - you deserve better that what it seems like you are getting. I say there is someone out there for you who is perfect. Maybe it is your current husband, with an attitude change. Or maybe it is someone else. Just don't for one minute allow him to make you feel that you don't deserve better than what he is giving you.

Now onto me. It is day 2, phase 1 with points plus and I am really having to take things one day at a time here. Perhaps one minute at a time. Already, the SBD flu is in effect and I just got invited to a party on Sunday that will include a huge spread of food and wine. I am already bargaining with myself "well, I'll eat on-plan foods but not worry about portions, and maybe have some wine." NO. My intention is to do a very clean Phase 1 with PP and have a full month being SBD and PP compliant. Today is Day 2 of 31, 29 left to go.

Last edited by Mmckellen; 01-04-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:30 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone. Yesterday went well for me starting back on the beach! I stayed on plan and did a 30 min exercise video to boot!
Windsong- Love your positive spirit...thanks for sharing that with all of us!
Ruth- Glad your workout went well yesterday and I know what you mean about the additional customers at the food bank. We pack food back packs for kids over the weekend at school and the list of needy families just seems to grow and grow.
Heidi- How I wish I worked with someone like you that would want to hoop after work for exercise....everyone is too busy after school but I would love an exercise buddy like that!!! Sounds like fun, too!
Beloved- I'm Lisa and I don't think we've officially met here yet but I am sorry about how you are feeling... I have felt the way you do when I try to do something for me to take care of me and get no support. Take care of you and don't feel guilty!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:34 AM   #9  

Hey Mmckellan.., I would love to know more about WW points plus new program. My neighbor at work started and she has already lost 3 lbs. She is a SB fan and says it is really like Phase 2 of SB....what do you think so far??
Old 01-04-2011, 06:36 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Litar, I like it a lot. I really think it is good for Phase 2 and beyond. With Phase 1, it is helping me get a sense of portion size. I did weight watchers before and found I was eating a lot of junk because I *could* with the points, but now they have raised the point value of most of the junky foods so it's less realistic to include them. My friend purchased the materials for me at her meeting; I am not going to meetings or doing it on line. If you are interested maybe your friend can lend you the materials to look over and then she can purchase a packet for you (not sure if that is really legal, but whatever) which is about $35.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:40 AM   #11  

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. I am doing a good clean 2 week Phase 1 but then I want to transition to Phase 2 while counting points....my problem last time with SB was that once I went to phase 2 my weight lose really fluctuated and wasn't consistent. I think that was b/c I was eating too much of some stuff so I think the points once I start Phase 2 will really help.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I woke up with a good feeling of being in control after having a completely OP day yesterday. In the past, I had gotten into the habit of having a SBD friendly dessert such as the Peanut Butter Cup dessert or SF pudding, but I'm cutting that out and having a cup of tea, instead. I know we can have an approved treat, but I have a such a sweet tooth and I think it was a trigger for me.

It's just a normal, routine day for me. Yesterday I boxed up all Cindy's decorations and undressed her tree, although I left the tree for Richard to dismantle. Cindy was just thrilled to discover what I had done. I'm not sure what I'll get into today, but I'm sure I can find something to keep me busy until it's time to pick up the girls. They have gymnastics after school today, so it will be another late day for me.

Beloved ~ I agree with the others that you should ask yourself if you'd be better off without him. Life is too short to spend it being unhappy and putting up with a domineering person. Ask yourself, "Is this the way I want to spend the rest of my life?"
Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning? I thought it was Monday until just now! First day back to school here for my son. Darn snoring husband means I am not all with it yet. Big day - I see the surgeon about my possible hernia! Then, ugh, the dentist.

Heidi - Thanks for the recipes. That dehydrator one had a lot more ingredients than I expected! If the doc clears me, hooping starts! Maybe we need a thread; I'd love to know your routine.

Windsong - It's all downhill from here! You can do this!

Ruth - I've been meaning to tell you that I like the new avatar

Beloved - Sorry about your husband not supporting you right now. Maybe writing things down will eventually bring some clarity or at least a bit of stress relief.

Mmc - Hey you! I'm a few days ahead of you on PH1 and also have those dialogues in my head. Sigh.

Lisa - Yay for yesterday! One down. I've been intrigued with the new WW too. Like Mmc, did the old points once and was the queen of low point foods that were not really healthy.

Linda - I am a big "dessert after dinner" person and then just an evening snacker. I should follow your example. LOL - undressed the tree. Never heard that before.

BBL!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a very busy morning so just a quick check-in this morning. I'm WFH so maybe I'll get a minute or two to stop back in and post personals later this morning. Winter has returned here and it seems to want to stay awhile. Darn
Old 01-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Had a great OP day yesterday. The big part was I almost snacked in the late afternoon, but stopped myself because I wasn't really hungry. Woo hoo!

Had a great trail run yesterday afternoon (never thought I'd do that in January!!), and did the stationary bike this am. Glad to get that out of the way!

Have a great one!
Closed Thread